• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

RkOwnage

It's not a matter of "doesn't need to." Most people, if they simply do something enough, and work with people more competant than themselves, improve just because of repetition and some of their colleagues' expertise "rubbing off" on them.

Usually the only way you don't get better in that situation is out of contempt for the job. I really don't think Cena has contempt for wrestling or doesn't care...I think he must just be incredibly unathletic and dense about wrestling--IE he has ZERO "natural talent." And it's just amazing that a guy like that can find himself at the top of his field for years in a field that's supposedly so competitive.

I dunno man, I think he's passionate about the business, but you're right about no natural talent. I think he's at the top simply like I said above, he sells Tshirts, he is big in Make a Wish, and he is the key figure in WWE's new target audience, the 5-10 year olds. It's sad, but it's where they've gone. Ability to sell tshirts and cater to kids > Talent in Vince's eyes.

Is anyone else just as mad as I am that one of the girls that comes out with Brodus Clay is that dumbass from Tough Enough that said her favorite match ever was Alicia Fox vs. Melina? Stone Cold's reaction from that is PRICLESS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlYIl55WRzc

It would matter if she was being pushed as a wrestler over sombody like Kaitlin.

But she's not. She's a background dancer for a goofy gimmick--she's not being booked as the second-coming of Megumi Kudo.

I always look forward to Raw Roulette because the first one ended with an awesome TLC match won by Triple G, yet despite every single one that followed being filled with crap I still get tricked.
That said this is probably the most interesting thing i've seen Tensei do in like a year.

Well I, like most people, get tricked into watching the Royal Rumble every year. I feel your pain.

I dunno man, I think he's passionate about the business, but you're right about no natural talent. I think he's at the top simply like I said above, he sells Tshirts, he is big in Make a Wish, and he is the key figure in WWE's new target audience, the 5-10 year olds. It's sad, but it's where they've gone. Ability to sell tshirts and cater to kids > Talent in Vince's eyes.

He does all those things plus he is just about the most hated man in wrestling. There is nobody I want to see lose more than Cena.

Why would he change his character? Every year he stays the same and buries people he gets even more hate whilst the kids still spend the money. It is perfect.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
oh so wait. The Rock is just back in WM because GI Joe retaliation got pushed back. this is ALL Channing Tatum's fault!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sorry, could you repeat that?

I said
tumblr_mgy0ucBKeW1r1eqygo1_500.png

Watching this all I can think about is how apeshit JR would be going in his damning of Big Show if he were commentating, instead we get this emotionless drivel.

Enfinit

BIG SHOW SUCKS
BIG SHOW SUCKS
BIG SHOW SUCKS
BIG SHOW SUCKS
BIG SHOW SUCKS
BIG SHOW SUCKS
BIG SHOW SUCKS
BIG SHOW SUCKS
BIG SHOW SUCKS

RkOwnage

ADR's just a natural face. He's genuinely a good guy and it shines through.

Lol, Wrestlemania 27 we met him at the Cheetah Lounge in Atlanta, my friend bought him a shot and he sat down and talked to us, REALLY friendly guy, but used the F word A LOT. He had a lot to drink, but was VERY funny, we chatted with him and Mike Chioda for a long ass time, and then Del Rio bought my buddy a lap dance for the shot....was interesting to say the least. But yeah, he was a nice guy...

Lol, Wrestlemania 27 we met him at the Cheetah Lounge in Atlanta, my friend bought him a shot and he sat down and talked to us, REALLY friendly guy, but used the F word A LOT. He had a lot to drink, but was VERY funny, we chatted with him and Mike Chioda for a long ass time, and then Del Rio bought my buddy a lap dance for the shot....was interesting to say the least. But yeah, he was a nice guy...

I remember a game journalist commenting about Del Rio being at E3 one year and getting all the ladies attention.

Top Bottom