• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

The Many Faces of Sunny;

VuTPnqP.jpg

eVSZgam.jpg

http://nhregister.com/articles/2013/01/29/news/shoreline/doc51075df8b5075867880778.txt

Yikes.

Bootaaay jesus. My childhood is gone for ever. holy god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UberTag

WrassleGAF needs a perm NSFW tag in next month's OP to account for you hornballs spamming scantily-clad diva pics during business hours.

Bowser

If Brock's a regular, he needs to get back in shape and get rid of the stupid mma shorts

Dude's clearly in much better shape than when he came back that first night after WM28, and I actually like the MMA shorts and gloves look. Reinforces that he's an outsider, not a "WWE superstar"

Brock's personality has really grown since he's been back. You can tell Heyman worked with him a lot on that while he was gone. His promos during the Cena and HHH programs were great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Brock's personality has really grown since he's been back. You can tell Heyman worked with him a lot on that while he was gone. His promos during the Cena and HHH programs were great.

Yep, I mean, he was great before he left too, his initial leaving.

They smartly wrote him as a larger than life MMA star and his promos reflected that.

Bowser

I loved how Heyman kept trying to tell Brock he had everything under control and all Brock had to do was point to the corner. Dude doesn't have to say a word and comes out looking like a bad ass and a million bucks. Although I suppose it helps that when he does open his mouth he usually sounds a little dumb :p

I would like Johnny Ace to come back to lead SHIELD, Brock, Heyman, and Punk as a way for him to get revenge against the WWE and Vince. Need another guy to push them over the edge.

tumblr_mherbtFT9I1r3hlvlo1_400.jpg

Ithil

Helps that he's by far the scariest guy they have on the roster, he looks and acts like someone who'd kill you for fun with his bare hands as soon as look at you. They need more wrestlers like that, scary heels are ideal for a kid heavy audience, they make the face really seem in peril.

Just look at Brock/Cena, it looked less like a wrestling match and more like a man being gradually beaten to death. If that doesn't get the Jimmies behind the face, nothing will.

I agree that Brock, now that he has a two year contract (I know it's still only a limited number of dates per year, but they know he's going to be around til 2015), he should get back in the title game at some point. I sure won't complain, you're gonna get a top notch performer in Lesnar.

He's got presence. But part of the 'fear' of Brock taking the mic is because he's an uncultured brute (kayfabe) who has no tact, no finesse in talking.

Brock's a guy that's not necesarily a terrible talker, he's given cool promos before, but he's a limited one (SIIIIIGN DAAAAA CONTRAAAACT). But he's still got boatloads of charisma, he can communicate an amazing amount of intensity with speaking or even moving much.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I loved how Heyman kept trying to tell Brock he had everything under control and all Brock had to do was point to the corner. Dude doesn't have to say a word and comes out looking like a bad ass and a million bucks. Although I suppose it helps that when he does open his mouth he usually sounds a little dumb :p

He's got presence. But part of the 'fear' of Brock taking the mic is because he's an uncultured brute (kayfabe) who has no tact, no finesse in talking.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think it's because usually at least a couple people like every wrestler. Even some people here say they like Cena. No one likes Bo Dallas though

There are people on tumblr who like Bo during NXT. They exist.
Helps that he's by far the scariest guy they have on the roster, he looks and acts like someone who'd kill you for fun with his bare hands as soon as look at you.

I find Mark Henry more believable at that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No joke, I actually feared for Cena in that match.

The Brock/Cena one? Yeah, there was still that minor fear in every smark that Brock would work too stiff, or forget something small and seriously hurt Cena. Everyone who wasn't a smark was probably on the edge of their seat. They probably worked the best match possible for their pairing, too. It was great. Obviously "cena wins lol" was dumb but knowing Brock wouldn't be used again effectively after that, well, I'm alright.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Especially considering he had a bloody mop hairstyle literally 45 seconds into the match. God, that match was so amazing, even with the shit finish

Lots of credit to Cena for telling Brock to go ahead and bust him open early. He did it multiple times in their build to the match too, and man, it looked GREAT. Really helped get Lesnar over as a guy who is maybe taking this a little too serious.

It also helps that Brock's the kind of guy who can say "Hey Cena, when we do our little brawl at the end of Raw, come at me for real, don't hold back - I can hold my own and take anything."

Top Bottom