• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

lttp. Godzilla vs Megalon was the first movie I ever owned. my grandma bought it for me.

Me and my best friend growing up had gotten a hold of a soft core tape that his mom found and kept. We found where she hid it (why didn't she throw it away?) and I can't remember how but it was dropped. The film cover cracked. I cannibalized my copy of Godzilla vs Megalon to fix it.

The Many Faces of Sunny;

YHnnnzJ.jpg

VuTPnqP.jpg

eVSZgam.jpg

http://nhregister.com/articles/2013/01/29/news/shoreline/doc51075df8b5075867880778.txt

Yikes.

Bowser

All right, so that sucked. I'll have the real February thread up tomorrow.

lol

From the other thread:

There is some question if Undertaker is healthy enough to work Mania, but if he works we'll get Punk vs Undertaker....if not....they have to write a back-up plan at the last minute.

smh. When does the build start for Punk/Taker then? Will Punk be shoehorned into Twice in a Lifetime (tm) if/when Taker decides he won't be able to go?

Also, I understand the guy's old/banged up, but seriously, there's concerns over whether the dude can work one match per year? Not only that, a match that's likely to be a spotfest? Dude should just retire at 20-0 if that's the case.

Kaladin

smh. When does the build start for Punk/Taker then? Will Punk be shoehorned into Twice in a Lifetime (tm) if/when Taker decides he won't be able to go?

Also, I understand the guy's old/banged up, but seriously, there's concerns over whether the dude can work one match per year? Not only that, a match that's likely to be a spotfest? Dude should just retire at 20-0 if that's the case.

Would probably start the Raw after Elimination Chamber.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, can there be a Kickstarter to get Sunny on DDP yoga or something. That is such a fucking trainwreck.

Dude, I've spoken about how good DDP Yoga is. I've done it before. It's good. I feel like I'm on repeat at this point.

Omega

Banned
lol

From the other thread:

Puttin Punk into a spotfest doesn't seem like a good idea.

This match does nothing for either person if Taker wins. It just seems pointless unless he loses which I don't see happening.

jred2k

Dude, I've spoken about how good DDP Yoga is. I've done it before. It's good. I feel like I'm on repeat at this point.

Sorry dude, I read a report from Dave Meltzer that your ass was starting to sag. Glad to hear that report was just a bunch of malarkey.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry dude, I read a report from Dave Meltzer that your ass was starting to sag. Glad to hear that report was just a bunch of malarkey.

:| My ass is fine. It does what I need it to.

Sunny goes through fazes. She goes through parts where she gets fucked up and out of shape. Then she cleans up and gets fucking hot again. Now she's back to fucked up/gross.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Andre the Giant apparently got in a fight with a group of guys before at a bar. Course it ended with him flipping their car over by himself, but still, they picked a fight with him. Might just be a story, but it's been told by a lot of wrestlers from back then.

http://www.marunde-muscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16158

André the Giant

"André the Giant was very strong," William Goldman once recalled. "I was talking to an actor who was shooting a movie in Mexico. What you had to know about Andre was that if he asked you to dinner, he paid, but when you asked him, he also paid. This actor, after several free meals, invited Andre to dinner and, late in the meal, snuck into the kitchen to give his credit card to the maitre d'. As he was about to do this, he felt himself being lifted up in the air..."
"When he had me up in the air," the actor recalled, "he turned me so I was facing him, and he said, 'I pay.' Then he carried me back to my table where he set me down in my chair like a little boy. Oh yes, Andre was very strong."
The actor? Arnold Schwarzenegger.

André the Giant: Provocation

André the Giant was incredibly strong, and equally gentle unless provoked. On one occasion, he was approached in a bar by four drunk men intent on proving their manliness. When André declined an invitation to fight, they continued to taunt him. eventually, having lost his temper, André chased his tormentors onto the street.
When they reached their car (parked in front of the bar), they jumped in and promptly locked the doors. Rather than break a window or door, André reached down, gripped the vehicle beneath the door, flipped it over on the sidewalk (onto its roof), and left its occupants to explain to skeptical police that an angry "giant" had come along and overturned their car!

André the Joker

"André the Giant once invited Arnold Schwarzenegger to a wrestling arena in Mexico where he was performing in front of 25,000 screaming fans, and, after he'd pinned his opponent, he gestured for Schwarzenegger to come into the ring. So through the noise, Schwarzenegger climbs up. Andre says, 'Take off your shirt, they are all crazy for you to take off your shirt. I speak Spanish.' So Schwarzenegger, embarrassed, does what Andre tells him. Off comes his jacket, his shirt, his undershirt, and he begins striking poses. And then Andre goes to the locker room while Schwarzenegger goes back to his friends. And it had all been a practical joke. God knows what the crowd was screammg, but it wasn't for Schwarzenegger to strip and pose. 'Nobody gave a s#%t if I took my shirt off or not, but I fell for it. Andre could do that to you.'"

Roussimoff has been unofficially crowned "The Greatest Drunk on Earth" for once consuming 119 12-US-fluid-ounce (350 ml) beers (over 41 litres) in 6 hours. On an episode of WWE's Legends of Wrestling, Mike Graham said André once drank 156 16-US-fluid-ounce (470 ml) beers in one sitting, which was confirmed by Dusty Rhodes. Such feats can be attributed to his large size, which meant it took higher amounts of alcohol to inebriate him. In her autobiography, The Fabulous Moolah writes that André drank 127 beers in a Reading, Pennsylvania hotel bar and later passed out in the lobby. The staff could not move him and had to leave him there until he awakened.

Andre was awesome <3

And yes, Arnold did actually confirm the stories above (Wilt Chamberlain was the 3rd member of the dinner group aside from Andre and Arnold. All 3 were good friends.)

Top Bottom