• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

cryptic

Good words coming from Punk right now, but I simply can't take him saying "I'm going to kick your ass" seriously when he has to angle his head that high to look him in the eyes.

Man I've seen 5 ft. flat asians on the street drop people triple their size lol it's no biggie.

Also who better than punk? bwahhh

Punk cant be taken seriously trying to be a mean tough guy, should have laughed off and mocked the Rock's shitty Cookiepuss comment

SoulPlaya

more money than God
uh
tumblr_mftjycyVvK1r270ozo3_250.gif
Pillman promos were way better than Punk's.

They wavered, but Punk finally delivered a great wrestling promo there.

Omega

Banned
Rock wasn't always this bad was he?

not sure if my nostalgia has clouded my memory.

shit was awful, and that whole time he was talking I just kept getting more infuriated. Not because he sucks nuts, but because this piece of shit is gonna take the title from Punk just to lose it to Cena at Wrestlemania and leave for another year

Whatever the case, nobody can deny a workhorse Punk is. A TLC match, a Promo that riled up everybody including people like us behind the computer, and through Rock's cheesy one lines, able to make apparently and enhance that intensity that rock wanted to show, and make that match up something everybody wanted.

Punk did in one promo 3 months worth of back and forth "promo matches" that Cena and Rock had against eachother. I only hope they keep it up into Royal Rumble.

Rock wasn't always this bad was he?

not sure if my nostalgia has clouded my memory.

shit was awful, and that whole time he was talking I just kept getting more infuriated. Not because he sucks nuts, but because this piece of shit is gonna take the title from Punk just to lose it to Cena at Wrestlemania and leave for another year

Of course not. The Rock used to have a character. Now he is a transparent as fuck hired actor plugging twitter and praising the competition one second, while trying to churning out lazy buzzwords to hashtag. His whole persona is 2 dimensional now compared to when he actually mattered.

Ithil

Serious Rock is good, Standard Rock is been-there-done-that. We got nothing but Standard Rock vs Cena (and Cena can't do serious or jokey), but the parts where both men were being serious, i liked.

The segues into jokes seem like they're only because they're required, not because anyone wants them there. Rock is rusty at them, and against Punk it seems foolish, as we know such insults don't phase Punk, he's about the fight. Rock jumping from dead serious to "haha, scrotums!" at the blink of an eye is just awkward.

HOWEVER, I will quit complaining, because overall that was already better than the entirety of the shitty Rock/Cena feud, and I think this will reach some great heights by the Rumble. Punk really needs to win, though.

Top Bottom