• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Hmm, I was listening, not watching, but that looks like kind of a shitty Rock Bottom.

Bad camera angle for that move.

Punk was awesome tonight. JUST AWESOME.

Is this the first time people have heard "Box with God" line?

It's been around for decades.

Indeed:

wikipedia said:
The phrase first appeared in James Weldon Johnson's sermon "The Prodigal Son", which was published in his 1927 book of sermons, God's Trombones: Seven Negro Sermons in Verse.[2] The passage reads:

Young man-
Young man-
Your arms too short to box with God.
But Jesus spake in a parable, and he said:
A certain man had two sons,
Jesus didn't give this man a name,
But his is God Almighty.
And Jesus didn't call these sons by name,
But every young man,
Every where,
Is one of these two sons

cryptic

Immediately I thought of Killah Priest and the black inner hood amistad connection blew my mind for a brief moment, I was percolating in the chair jumping galaxies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
word up. Does he even lift?
bro he doesn't even bang

he just stays on the pipe
j7qOIM0GvjG13.jpg
Exactly.

Pancakes to muscles

Boots to asses

Toki767

I bet the Rock must be so happy to be cutting a promo with someone who actually responds seriously and not by smiling the whole time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Great stuff aside from the Cookiepuss part. Punk keeps Rock focused and manages to maintain control over things at all times. Whenever Rock was threatening to go too far into silly territory, serious Punk dragged him back on point.

Rock should adapt to it pretty quickly. Already worlds better than Rock-Cena.

Kacho

Gold Member
Great stuff aside from the Cookiepuss part. Punk keeps Rock focused and manages to maintain control over things at all times. Whenever Rock was threatening to go too far into silly territory, serious Punk dragged him back on point.

Rock should adapt to it pretty quickly. Already worlds better than Rock-Cena.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how the they both adapt to each others styles over the coming weeks.

somedevil

Can't wait till Wrestlemania where Cena wins and gets booed out of the building and possibly we get a wcw trash getting thrown in the ring ending as well.

I bet the Rock must be so happy to be cutting a promo with someone who actually responds seriously and not by smiling the whole time.

Yeah, We all know by now that Cena blew it. The fact that they built that shit for 3-4 months, and Cena and Rock never put a stamp on their "feud" with THAT kind of intensity speaks volumes about how next-level Punk on the stick is here.

Ithil

Yea if anything, his pop off after the rock bottom was rock as animated as I've seen him in a while. He was INTO IT.

Like I said, Rock likes to compete with others on the mic. He got no work out of Cena, in fact he had to almost hold back and have the most tame, lame promos.

Punk actually challenges him, so he can have some fun out there. I look forward to their final promo on the go home show.

That Rock/Punk promo delivered, as did Punk before the commercial break. This is already better than anything Rock and Cena did last year, and only serves to make Cena look worse in comparison with how perfect Punk bounced the ball back during Rocky's monologue without smiling like a douchebag.

Punk delivered, TLC match was fun, last 20 minutes delivered, skipped everything else because who cares. Good Monday night.

Like I said, Rock likes to compete with others on the mic. He got no work out of Cena, in fact he had to almost hold back and have the most tame, lame promos.

Punk actually challenges him, so he can have some fun out there. I look forward to their final promo on the go home show.

Yeah, Punk and Rock feed off each other, you can see it. On the other hand, Cena just stands there and smiles

Omega

Banned
I wonder why people forget the rematch clause, are they doing this on purpose?

because it won't matter?

Any rematch that happens before WM will only end in Rock winning and if he somehow gets a triple threat match at WM it won't matter because Cena is still going to win.

That Rock/Punk promo delivered, as did Punk before the commercial break. This is already better than anything Rock and Cena did last year, and only serves to make Cena look worse in comparison with how perfect Punk bounced the ball back during Rocky's monologue without smiling like a douchebag.

Punk delivered, TLC match was fun, last 20 minutes delivered, skipped everything else because who cares. Good Monday night.
you missed Kofi's career ending.

Paracelsus

because it won't matter?

Any rematch that happens before WM will only end in Rock winning and if he somehow gets a triple threat match at WM it won't matter because Cena is still going to win.

It depends on whether other people join the feud or not. Punk lost the title at Summerslam and exercized his rematch clause at Survivor Series.

Toki767

The highlight of Punk's night was having a back and forth promo with the Rock. The highlight of Cena's night was getting the crowd to do a wave 3 times. That about says it all.

That was AMAZING. Great work by both men. Shat all over the Rock/Cena stuff.

I think punk was acting a little too heelish. Was fighting with the crowd way too much. We already know you're the heel, don't need to force it with cheap shots to the crowd. The rock...Well he's the rock. Of course the marks will shit all over him because he's not the rock they want. If he was the heel hollywood rock everyone would jump all over his dick. Sure he's a little TOO vanilla but the crowd eats it up so can't say it's not working.

I HOPE this will be a 3 month feud leading up to mania. No clue what the hell they have planned but i want more Punk/Rock. Since they have no balls i'm sure they'll throw Cena in there. But fuck it can't win them all.

Rock wins title.
Cena wins Rumble.
Rock vs Cena 2 at Wrestlemania.
Another 10 years of Cena as champion and Rock goes back to movies.
How else can it go?

It will be rock v punk at wrestlemania. Cena will be too busy taking on Triple H, Undertaker, HBK, Ziggler, Big E, AJ and Sting in a handicap match.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I been out of this wrestling stuff for a while, but the best possible outcome of The Rock v Cena at WM is that Rock wins, and then the following Monday retires. Leaving the championship vacated, and also retiring as the best of all time.

That was AMAZING. Great work by both men. Shat all over the Rock/Cena stuff.

I think punk was acting a little too heelish. Was fighting with the crowd way too much. We already know you're the heel, don't need to force it with cheap shots to the crowd. The rock...Well he's the rock. Of course the marks will shit all over him because he's not the rock they want. If he was the heel hollywood rock everyone would jump all over his dick. Sure he's a little TOO vanilla but the crowd eats it up so can't say it's not working.

I HOPE this will be a 3 month feud leading up to mania. No clue what the hell they have planned but i want more Punk/Rock. Since they have no balls i'm sure they'll throw Cena in there. But fuck it can't win them all.

Great post and observations. I was going to say the bolded part above but figured I'd get destroyed for it.

Toki767

I been out of this wrestling stuff for a while, but the best possible outcome of The Rock v Cena at WM is that Rock wins, and then the following Monday retires. Leaving the championship vacated, and also retiring as the best of all time.

If Rock isn't going to lose at Mania, they may as well just let Punk keep the title until next year. You know no one else is going to come close to having another year long title reign after Punk loses the title.

Paracelsus

Great post and observations. I was going to say the bolded part above but figured I'd get destroyed for it.

I don't like him because I heard word after word every joke he made like 100 times, I'd hate Austin too if he came back for another run. Tired schtick, you can't say it any better.

Top Bottom