• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Oh Look, it's Cena's "Yeah, I may have lost, but YOU FUCKING SUCK." promo

Entropia

No One Remembers
OH MY GOD JOHN CENA IS SO AWESOME! HE SAID DOLPH WAS FULL OF........ AND THEN A BUNCH OF SHIT FELL ON DOLPH!

OH MY GOD

SO AWESOME. JOHN CENA IS MY HERO.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I hate Cena's promos where he legitimately buries the competition.

"I've beenhere 10 years, but you've been here 7 and you haven't done anything."

"Well, if I'lose this sunday, I'll still have the respect of the fans, and I wll move on. But if you lose, you'll be the fraud everyone always thought you were."

He does that kind of thing all the time, and it just hurts the product.

Who is reading these WCW recaps? They just make it a chore to read this thread. So annoying.

RHuHq.gif

"Well, if I'lose this sunday, I'll still have the respect of the fans, and I wll move on. But if you lose, you'll be the fraud everyone always thought you were."

Exactly this.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

It's true though.

Ithil

Attitude Era, brah.

Attitude Era faces were acknowledged as being jerks, they were just "cool" jerks. Cena is supposed to be the "big heroic hero", and hell, he claims he is right in that promo, in between lame digs at his opponents (lol, Dolph in a dress, cos he's a woman, lol).

If it was coming from someone else, it would be an ok worked shoot, but it's that it's coming from overpushed, overexposed, overstale and over protected Cena that just makes it feel disingenuous.

Top Bottom