• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Attitude Era faces were acknowledged as being jerks, they were just "cool" jerks. Cena is supposed to be the "big heroic hero", and hell, he claims he is right in that promo, in between lame digs at his opponents (lol, Dolph in a dress, cos he's a woman, lol).

If it was coming from someone else, it would be an ok worked shoot, but it's that it's coming from overpushed, overexposed, overstale and over protected Cena that just makes it feel disingenuous.
It is disingenuous. This stuff is fake! Darn marks.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Oh,a nd even when he "complemets" someone, he does it backhandedly:

IE: That one promo where he said "CM Punk, you've been WWE Champion for 300 days, big deal, call me when you make it to 380." Or something along those lines.

He can't do something like say "You may have been champion for 300 days, but that's about to end next week when I kick your ass." He always has to diminish his opponent's accomplishments

Ithil

It is disingenuous. This stuff is fake! Darn marks.

I know it is. There's no reason for it to be like that, however. Cena "shoots" while the other guy stays in kayfabe, and thus can't respond. What's the point?
The endless propping up of Cena is tiresome, especially when the promo is apparently about how Cena not changing for all these years and being stale, as well as getting an undeserved push (as in, in kayfabe, he still gets a Slammy despite losing most of the year), is supposedly a good thing.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Oh,a nd even when he "complemets" someone, he does it backhandedly:

IE: That one promo where he said "CM Punk, you've been WWE Champion for 300 days, big deal, call me when you make it to 380." Or something along those lines.

Yup. He has this smug arrogant attitude that drives me mad. His behavior is absolutely childish, which I guess helps getting him over with the Little Jimmies.

Laserfrog

Who is reading these WCW recaps? They just make it a chore to read this thread. So annoying.

Urgh. I was bloody reading them that's who. Way to make me an angry andy.

Just nobody post anything, such a chore to read words I think I'll just stop reading anything.

I'm so angry at this I could almost say a swear!

Enfinit

I never read the WCW recaps, but I can understand why some of you guys enjoy them. Pretty nostalgic at times.

Also, congrats on you nerds for making the wall of shame. I've been able to keep myself off that bathroom stall wall since October Wrasslin, suckas.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
tumblr_mft5yeDtLw1rkzyp8o1_500.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Don't worry bros, I won't stop posting WCW reviews until I'm out of shows. Can someone make me a Vince Russo and Axl avatar?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
May young giving birth again? What the fuck?

And who did Kofi piss off? He's been jobbing for a while now

I know it is. There's no reason for it to be like that, however. Cena "shoots" while the other guy stays in kayfabe, and thus can't respond. What's the point?
The endless propping up of Cena is tiresome, especially when the promo is apparently about how Cena not changing for all these years and being stale, as well as getting an undeserved push (as in, in kayfabe, he still gets a Slammy despite losing most of the year), is supposedly a good thing.
I agree with you overall. Cena simultaneously tries to be 80's Hogan with the HLR and AE Rock with the funny burials (except Rock was funny) and it simply doesn't work because he doesn't give anyone anything to work with. The key to Rock being able to bury people verbally without completely ruining them was that he had no issue putting anyone over.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
May young giving birth again? What the fuck?

And who did Kofi piss off? He's been jobbing for a while now

Holding the Intercontinental title and winning a title defense on PPV = jobbing now, I guess.

The problem with Kofi is that he's not exciting.

At all.

Ever.

Outside of his one crazy Royal Rumble spot per year (inherited from John Morrison) and whatever high flying action he does in whatever Money in the Bank match he's in, he's just not all that fun to watch. Even his high flying gets old when you realize he just uses it to do boring moves from really high.

Happy New Year. May this year end the Rocks and company Cena career and start the journey of Codys reign to the top and the re birth of word life

I was really hoping the segment would end with Dolph bringing up Cena's divorce and fucking fat chicks given the moron went on about AJ being a slut and how he was about loyalty, the poop dropped killed me inside.

Tonight wasn't terrible outside of that and the Mae Young segment though. It would be great if they continue to build on Punk/Heyman vs Vince, my fantasy booking has Punk beating Rock through new underhand tactics only to have Vince enter Austin in the rumble.

Cagey

Banned
I'm probably the only one who noticed but...

Big E Langston is so fucking jacked that his chest pops the singlet straps out so far that it's not actually touch his abdomen after his pecs. Dude is so big it makes me laugh when he's on the screen. If only he could walk around condescendingly asking other wrestlers if they even lift..

Also, I'm impressed with how they still allow the SHIELD to fight in such an intelligent numbers manner. Rather than falling back into traditional wrestling tropes, they have the individuals act with some awareness of their situation. Large face (Sheamus) storming in to save the day of the other face in peril? One guy dives at the legs while another pummels him. And instead of ignoring the other face, which produces the comeback, they let the third member continue to hold him down. Why do they lose when Orton arrives? Well after Orton tosses one member out, its 3-on-2 against them.

It's the attention to detail that keep their fights fresh and enjoyable. I can dig that.

Something something fuck Cena is a five year old something #%*)#(%80935 quote Net_Wrecker wrecking Cena something.

EDIT: Anyone see the "Take a Shower, Hit the Weights, Get a Clue - Nash" sign in the Punk segment? Priceless.

Top Bottom