• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

gun_haver

So with Perry Saturn:

- He was shot in the back of the neck in 2004 when he ran to stop a couple of rapists - is this true? Wrestlers tend to lie about everything but this doesn't seem like a run of the mill bullshit story.
- Following this (related or not - you tell me), he wound up addicted to meth, became homeless, and disappeared off the grid to even his family for years.
- Comes back to the world in 2010, having sobered up.
- He goes back to wrestling for a few years.
- 2016, he says now he has a traumatic brain injury which is fucking him up, and now he's posting online asking for financial help from crowdfunding etc cos he's gonna wind up homeless.

So what's the deal here. Has he been back on the drugs or is this purely related to his illness? Both? Either way, christ that's a bleak wee video. You just never know with these guys.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Be aware of this as we head into Mania season - Alvarez and Meltzer frequently talk about what they THINK is going to happen. Speculation. And then every other wrestling "journalist" takes this as "CONFIRMED: BROCK VS ROMAN VS GOLDBERG BRA AND PANTIES FOR MANIA". Look at what Meltzer and Alvarez actually say before posting "news" and "rumors" from other websites.

Who cares what Alvarez says?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is gonna be a weird Rumble. I have no idea who's winning.

Just heard the news that O'Reilly is heading to WWE. Fantastic for him.

This is going to be so much fun;

KdsiIly.jpg

1 night, single elimination, 6-man tag team tournament, with the first round contested under 2-count rules. Teams:

Jimmyz: Jimmy Susumu, Ryo ”Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Kanda
Tribe Vanguard: YAMATO, BxB Hulk, Kzy
Over Generation: Eita, Takehiro Yamamura, Kaito Ishida
Verserk A: Shingo Takagi, T-Hawk, El Lindaman
Verserk B: ”brother" YASSHI, Cyber Kong, Mondai Ryu
Unaffiliated A: Masato Yoshino, Ben-K, Kotoka
Unaffiliated B: Naruki Doi, Masaaki Mochizuki, Big R Shimizu
Unaffiliated C: Don Fujii, Hyou Watanabe, Yuki Yoshioka

didn't FPR allow you to do 2 counts?

Time to load it up on pcsx2

Angry Grimace

I mean, the only one that makes sense is Jericho, but that would require Roman to not go over and I don't see that happening.

It's the only one that fits in with what they're doing since Owens already got mad at Jericho for entering since he'd be coming after "his" title.

Angry Grimace

I wonder if the plan is to really just go for Roman/Strowman at WM. I mean, I can't think of anyone else who the crowd wouldn't dump on Roman for fighting. I mean, he got his ass booed to high heaven fighting HHH. I can't imagine the reaction if they try to feed the Undertaker to Roman at freakin' WrestleMania.

KO's gonna lose the belt to Roman and feud with Jericho for the US title at Wrestlemania, then win and Jericho leaves to make another Fozzy album.

That's fine too, I just think the story is better if Chris wins the Rumble and tries to take Owens' title. But I agree the way you're suggesting is more likely.

JBL's commentary during Carmella vs Menome's new waifu is so obnoxious.

Most people I know only have one console per generation. That includes people from US, Canada, Brazil, Bratislava and Philippines. The exceptions are some folks back in Brazil with every single console since the PS2 era. Exclusives are not enough for quite a lot of people, myself included for the most part (bought a 3ds for Pokemon Y).

Fair enough

Angry Grimace

Maybe they can book Undertaker v. Balor and have the entrances take up the entire show.

(FWIW Meltzer doesn't seem to know if the March return date is kayfabe or legit, but he thinks its probably legit and that he won't appear in the Rumble)

That's fine too, I just think the story is better if Chris wins the Rumble and tries to take Owens' title. But I agree the way you're suggesting is more likely.
I'm not sure if I'd like Jericho winning the rumble.

Then again I'm hopelessly trying to work myself into believing WWE will give the rumble win this year to someone below the age of 35 or even someone who hasn never held a world title before.

Angry Grimace

I'm not sure if I'd like Jericho winning the rumble.

Then again I'm hopelessly trying to work myself into believing WWE will give the rumble win this year to someone below the age of 35 or even someone who hasn never held a world title before.

Not a chance.

Anth0ny

I wonder if the plan is to really just go for Roman/Strowman at WM. I mean, I can't think of anyone else who the crowd wouldn't dump on Roman for fighting. I mean, he got his ass booed to high heaven fighting HHH. I can't imagine the reaction if they try to feed the Undertaker to Roman at freakin' WrestleMania.

I think literally the only time it worked during the "Make Roman Look Strong" era was when Sheamus was holding the title at the peak of his staleness and Reigns beat him on that Raw.

Right now I don't think there's a single person on the roster that could be Reigns' opponent at Mania and cause the crowd to cheer for Reigns.

Zach

SummerSlam 2004 notes:

- Wrestling is the worst thing with all of these finisher kick-outs! I can't even enjoy an Eddie/Angle match!
- This ongoing Eugene business. God dang.
- Triple H is Trump Orange.
- DIVA DODGEBALL?!
- Wait. The Undertaker MURDERED Paul Bearer for no good reason and now he's the good guy challenging for the belt?

I can't.

SummerSlam 2004 notes:

- Wrestling is the worst thing with all of these finisher kick-outs! I can't even enjoy an Eddie/Angle match!
- This ongoing Eugene business. God dang.
- Triple H is Trump Orange.
- DIVA DODGEBALL?!
Fun fact. The women wrestlers actually got called to wrestlers court with Triple H as the judge over losing that game. It was a shoot game and it seemed those backstage found it embarrassing that the trained WWE women lost to the Diva Search contestants of which most had little to none wrestling ability or experience at all.

I think Miz or Rollins wins Rumble.

All the other big names thrown in the ring are nothing but a set up to tell stories to push other big name matches for Mania (Taker, Brock, Goldber,...)

I can't see anyone else but Rollins winning this.

All the other big names thrown in the ring are nothing but a set up to tell stories to push other big name matches for Mania (Taker, Brock, Goldber,...)

Oh God if Rollins wins and HHH wins the Universal Championship since Rollins vs HHH is most definitely a lock for Wrestlemania.

Gaming side seems a little toxic, do you guys avoid posting there?
Every thread is how MS is bad and Sony=Nintendo are saving the world.

yep or as i have been joking frequently about on the twitters. how FFXV is shit (every day front page topic)

but yeah, the slippery slope of scalebound being cancelled=xbox division is doomed pissed me off and was perpetuated by a bunch of twitter personalities who are popular on this site.

For that to happen, Trips would have to win the title prior to Mania seeing as Rollins is likely facing him at Mania.

I can see Rollins nearly winning and then getting screwed by Trips. I don't see how else they can build that match.

I don't know why but I have this small feeling WWE will find a way to push Cena vs Styles to Wrestlemania.

Mainly this stems from me feeling that AJ vs Cena is a potential Wrestlemania main event that won't be A) a shit match (Goldberg vs Lesnar main eventing) or B) having the crowd be entirely negative (Roman main eventing).

Zach

Fun fact. The women wrestlers actually got called to wrestlers court with Triple H as the judge over losing that game. It was a shoot game and it seemed those backstage found it embarrassing that the trained WWE women lost to the Diva Search contestants of which most had little to none wrestling ability or experience at all.
Sad affairs get sadder.

If they announce a new Mario for launch I'm in on the Switch. I'll be playing on a TV screen 95% of the time, so I don't care much about the portable aspect at all.

When they announced 2K16 for PC I had this crazy idea in my head that the modding community was gonna be able to make the game good somehow, but that doesn't appear to have happened at all. Disappointing.

Ha ha ha they killed the best reason to buy PC. All the DLC was included for free with 2k16 and 2k15 PC version.

yep or as i have been joking frequently about on the twitters. how FFXV is shit (every day front page topic)

but yeah, the slippery slope of scalebound being cancelled=xbox division is doomed pissed me off and was perpetuated by a bunch of twitter personalities who are popular on this site.

I wanted to post rebuttals, but I stopped myself because I didn't want to risk being banned, I am fairly new here, maybe gaming side is just not for me.

Gaming side seems a little toxic, do you guys avoid posting there?
Every thread is how MS is bad and Sony=Nintendo are saving the world.

What? Nintendo is always Doomed and one failure away from dying according to gaming side.

No reason to own Xbone anymore though if you can get everything on PC now.

The SFV threads are what get to me. Every thread is the same.

I don't know why but I have this small feeling WWE will find a way to push Cena vs Styles to Wrestlemania.

Mainly this stems from me feeling that AJ vs Cena is a potential Wrestlemania main event that won't be A) a shit match (Goldberg vs Lesnar main eventing) or B) having the crowd be entirely negative (Roman main eventing).

C) There's nobody else on the Smackdown roster to feud with either.

I'd like to see Styles win as a baby at Mania so I'd like him to beat Cena and then perhaps bring Joe in as heel, beating AJ for the title and then have Styles win it back at the biggest show of em all. Either that or, if Cena has to go over at the Rumble, have Joe beat him or have a 3 way at Mania (not a fan of this option).

In any case, I think they need to bring in some fresh talent to Smackdown. Corbin isn't ready to main event and there are no other top-level heels other than maybe Miz, but Miz vs Cena just isn't a Mania level match.

I definitely think they're bringing Joe up to the main roster due to the fact that Roode is now pretty much going to be in the position that Joe was previously, leaving Joe to move up to Smackdown.

Top Bottom