• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Zach

New page:

Raw64life

BTW, Alex Wright is still only 40 years old. That dance would be over as fuck. Bring him back!

anyone else have zero interest in a brock/goldberg rematch?

their match at survivor series was perfect. now they're gonna go broadway at mania? already? why does that juiced up bitch brock lesnar deserve a rematch? that's gonna be the absolute shits. goldberg can't work a 10 minute match.

Not zero, but pretty close to zero. I'm big on first time matches. What would happen if X met Y on the big stage? I already know the answer because it just fucking happened.

Fox318

Depends on what Goldberg's shape is.

I think an old school WCW style cage match with a special guest ref
Joe
is the way to go.

It adds a new dynamic and focuses the match to not get too gimmicky.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

their match at survivor series was perfect. now they're gonna go broadway at mania? already? why does that juiced up bitch brock lesnar deserve a rematch? that's gonna be the absolute shits. goldberg can't work a 10 minute match.

Goldberg's total inability to actually go for main event times is what makes me think it might be billed as a top match without actually BEING the top match.

From Meltzer as well. Here is the NXT class who is close to a call up:

TM 61 and Itami are injured, but please call Itami up before he gets another injury.

Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Samoa Joe and Austin Aries have different deals so they don't train at the performance center.
So DIY are gonna be dropping the belts to Authors of Pain at the next TakeOver?

Also no Revival there? Are they being kept down in NXT because the tag division can't afford to lose them?

Menome

the Terry Taylor class at the Performance Center (which is the one to groom people who are being considered right now for somewhat imminent main roster spots) currently includes: Shinsuke Nakamura, Andrade Cien Almas, Alexander Wolfe, TM 61, Hideo Itami, Tommaso Ciampa, Johnny Gargano, Chris Hero, Elias Samson and Tye Dillinger.

Say hello to the next great heel WWE Champion.

I9Lvugf.png

Ithil

Whether its actually the main event or not, I don't know. What he said specifically is "The key matches remain Brock Lesnar vs. Bill Goldberg, which based on current hints and direction looks likely to be presented as the main event on the show,"

Whether that means the actual main event or what, I don't know. They need to put Styles in a match with Orton though. I doubt they can get through the whole Wyatt family crap before WM though.

Does Nakamura have a lisp or is just the foreign language thing? Because I have an easier time understanding Itami, who supposedly speaks worse English than Nakamura.
Last year the main match promoted was Undertaker/Shane, but it wasn't the last match on the show.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I also haven't upgraded my PS4 to a pro yet either. The most I've used my PS4 in the last 3 months is sitting in my bed post-dental work and watching the Network

Entropia

No One Remembers

Agreed.

Leave it the way it is.

Goldberg put Brock in his place.

This is going to be so much fun;

KdsiIly.jpg

1 night, single elimination, 6-man tag team tournament, with the first round contested under 2-count rules. Teams:

Jimmyz: Jimmy Susumu, Ryo “Jimmy” Saito, Jimmy Kanda
Tribe Vanguard: YAMATO, BxB Hulk, Kzy
Over Generation: Eita, Takehiro Yamamura, Kaito Ishida
Verserk A: Shingo Takagi, T-Hawk, El Lindaman
Verserk B: “brother” YASSHI, Cyber Kong, Mondai Ryu
Unaffiliated A: Masato Yoshino, Ben-K, Kotoka
Unaffiliated B: Naruki Doi, Masaaki Mochizuki, Big R Shimizu
Unaffiliated C: Don Fujii, Hyou Watanabe, Yuki Yoshioka

Anth0ny

it's just so weird hearing all the wrestling journalists going "well that finish is just leading to the rematch which is gonna be huge" and "brock/goldberg 2 at mania is gonna be the main event"

fuck

give me a 90 second goldberg vs stroman match. let brock work a classic against another worker.

or do nothing like he did with ambrose.

somedevil

So DIY are gonna be dropping the belts to Authors of Pain at the next TakeOver?

Also no Revival there? Are they being kept down in NXT because the tag division can't afford to lose them?

Well the revival were
going to feud with TM-61 but one of them blew out their knee is out like 7 months

So with that its probably up in the air whats going to happen.

it's just so weird hearing all the wrestling journalists going "well that finish is just leading to the rematch which is gonna be huge" and "brock/goldberg 2 at mania is gonna be the main event"

fuck

give me a 90 second goldberg vs stroman match. let brock work a classic against another worker.

or do nothing like he did with ambrose.

It's just really fucking stupid to bring Goldberg back and have him only feud with one person in those dates he has left

Anth0ny

It's just really fucking stupid to bring Goldberg back and have him only feud with one person in those dates he has left

I also just think it's the perfect end to the God King Brock Lesnar storyline that is being told.

-Brock goes on rampage, ending the Undertaker's streak and destroying super babyfaces Cena and Reigns. Enter the ultimate, unbeatable heel.
-Only shows up when they pay him, doesn't give a fuck about the people and says as much in his promos. Is only here because he wants to get paid, and that's a shoot.
-The most obnoxious manager in recent history constantly cutting promos bragging about his client's accomplishments.

Enter Goldberg, the literal superhero.

-Wants to beat up Brock Lesnar.
-Literally here for the kids, to make his son, the fans, and the attitude era fans who loved him as kids happy. The ultimate, likeable babyface. A level that even Cena couldn't reach with the audience.

Brock, the cocky fuck that he is, gets annihilated in 90 seconds. Classic Goldberg the asskicker, the supehero, the ultimate babyface, defeats the ultimate "unbeatable" superheel. The perfect payoff to this entire storyline revolving around Brock Lesnar.

but fuck it lets do a rematch right the fuck away because it makes money I guess and we have zero creativity

Sephzilla

Goldberg beating Brock was probably the most legitimately feel good moment in wrestling since Daniel Bryan beat HHH or, ironically, when Lesnar beat Cena

I also just think it's the perfect end to the God King Brock Lesnar storyline that is being told.

-Brock goes on rampage, ending the Undertaker's streak and destroying super babyfaces Cena and Reigns. Enter the ultimate, unbeatable heel.
-Only shows up when they pay him, doesn't give a fuck about the people and says as much in his promos. Is only here because he wants to get paid, and that's a shoot.
-The most obnoxious manager in recent history constantly cutting promos bragging about his client's accomplishments.

Enter Goldberg, the literal superhero.

-Wants to beat up Brock Lesnar.
-Literally here for the kids, to make his son, the fans, and the attitude era fans who loved him as kids happy. The ultimate, likeable babyface. A level that even Cena couldn't reach with the audience.

Brock, the cocky fuck that he is, gets annihilated in 90 seconds. Classic Goldberg the asskicker, the supehero, the ultimate babyface, defeats the ultimate "unbeatable" superheel. The perfect payoff to this entire storyline revolving around Brock Lesnar.

but fuck it lets do a rematch right the fuck away because it makes money I guess and we have zero creativity

Even if he gets a rematch and wins, it's still 2-1

Are they really going to do 2 more matches after that just to get a drug failure over at the expense of WCW

An actual Brock vs Goldberg match would be a disaster. It was perfect the way it was with a quick legitimately shocking squash, dragging an actual match out of it because $$$$ is a bad idea.

Pikma

Banned
Nia Jax getting a non preshow match at Wrestlemania is enough for me to stay the fuck away from it, it's going to be garbage

Tall4Life

Be aware of this as we head into Mania season - Alvarez and Meltzer frequently talk about what they THINK is going to happen. Speculation. And then every other wrestling "journalist" takes this as "CONFIRMED: BROCK VS ROMAN VS GOLDBERG BRA AND PANTIES FOR MANIA". Look at what Meltzer and Alvarez actually say before posting "news" and "rumors" from other websites.

Pikma

Banned
Be aware of this as we head into Mania season - Alvarez and Meltzer frequently talk about what they THINK is going to happen. Speculation. And then every other wrestling "journalist" takes this as "CONFIRMED: BROCK VS ROMAN VS GOLDBERG BRA AND PANTIES FOR MANIA". Look at what Meltzer and Alvarez actually say before posting "news" and "rumors" from other websites.
Ok boss

Top Bottom