• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Sephzilla

It would be nice to have a Nintendo system that didn't scare off 3rd parties though. I miss the SNES days where you had the best of both worlds.

Caderfix

The third party point regarding Switch, isn't that really only an issue for your standard Gaffer if...
a) you're actually Nintendo and thus BUSINESS
b) you are one of those increasingly rare single console only peeps
Sometimes I feel like a vast majority of the internet actually hold shares in console manufacturers sales performance and I don't. I just want my good Nintendo games friends.

Most people I know only have one console per generation. That includes people from US, Canada, Brazil, Bratislava and Philippines. The exceptions are some folks back in Brazil with every single console since the PS2 era. Exclusives are not enough for quite a lot of people, myself included for the most part (bought a 3ds for Pokemon Y).

Nekofrog

Banned
Context: first console was an atari 2600 (I'm 32),then an NES, then Gameboy, then snes,then n64 and a year later a ps1, then dreamcast when it came out, then a GameCube, then a wii. During all of that time I also had a pc that was usually modern and could play the games of the time.

My hated of Nintendo (and it's super strong these days) stems from them just not giving a shit to improve bare bones features in their hardware and their constant rehashing. I hate Zelda now, I hate mario outside of galaxy now. GameCube and wii are two of my favorite consoles DESPITE Nintendo, not because of them. I'll never forgive them for not having a proper thousand year for followup.

My wife bought a wii u and I have played it like twice. She wants a switch and I have 0 interest in it. Fuck Nintendo.

Gonna feel like a huge mark when
1. Region Locking in 2017
2. Same online shit as Wii and Wii U in 2017
3. No 3rd party

1. Implying I want to play pervy animu games or whatever that don't get released here
2. I played games online just as easily on my Wii U as on my PS4 and it was free to boot
3. Obviously, but who cares. I have a PS4 and I'm way more interested in what weirdo niche shit Nintendo would fund than being able to play calladoody on my Switch.

Zach

Alex Wright and Disco Inferno
In LATE 1997

Disco+Inferno+Alex+Wright+crossbody.gif

Kaladin

I just get good vibes from the Nintendo Switch. Like they did something right even with the design of it. I remember looking at early Wii stuff and not liking it a bit. This time though? They at least have a functional gimmick at the start.

Hasney

I just get good vibes from the Nintendo Switch. Like they did something right even with the design of it. I remember looking at early Wii stuff and not liking it a bit. This time though? They at least have a functional gimmick at the start.

It's that goddamn click when they attach a controller to it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltz's newsletter says Vince changed all of the WM plans for reasons so now he has no fucking idea what they're setting up beyond Cena/Undertaker not happening.

Fox318

Meltz's newsletter says Vince changed all of the WM plans for reasons so now he has no fucking idea what they're setting up beyond Cena/Undertaker not happening.

swerve

Vince has routinely changed plans because he believes people know them.

Look at Austin winning the 1997 Rumble.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I can easily preorder a Switch on Amazon with no hassle and get Zelda and Splatoon then I might buy one

but the second there's any sort of 'oh you have to be on for this hour to order one' Nintendo-esque bullshit then I'm out. That's what completely killed my interest in ever buying a classic. It's 2017 yall.

Sephzilla

If I can easily preorder a Switch on Amazon with no hassle and get Zelda and Splatoon then I might buy one

but the second there's any sort of 'oh you have to be on for this hour to order one' Nintendo-esque bullshit then I'm out. That's what completely killed my interest in ever buying a classic. It's 2017 yall.

Yeah, I'm with you here. If they make me jump through some hoops to get the damn thing, then I'm probably going to wait a bit before getting one. If its on Amazon + Zelda + one more good launch title then i'll jump in ..... if the price is right. The magic sweet spot for me with the switch is $250. Anything above $300 is no go.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
swerve

Vince has routinely changed plans because he believes people know them.

Look at Austin winning the 1997 Rumble.

All Meltzer really said was:

* Undertaker/Cena not in the plans for WM
* Undertaker/Strowman not in the plans for WM
* Undertaker probably not challenging for either title at WM
* Goldberg/Lesnar probably the main event of WM
* Supposed to be 7 singles matches on the show, not counting women or cruiserweights
* Jax/Bayley/Charlotte/Banks pencilled in for WM
* Samoa Joe's name being tossed around to debut with big push and match at WM

Now, all of that is fine and all, but Vince changes his mind at the drop of a hat.

I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd chanting for Undertaker when Cena asked why he was here a few weeks ago was another "Goddammit, they KNOW!" moment for Vince, and he then changed his mind.

All Meltzer really said was:

* Undertaker/Cena not in the plans for WM
* Undertaker/Strowman not in the plans for WM
* Undertaker probably not challenging for either title at WM
* Goldberg/Lesnar probably the main event of WM
* Supposed to be 7 singles matches on the show, not counting women or cruiserweights
* Jax/Bayley/Charlotte/Banks pencilled in for WM
* Samoa Joe's name being tossed around to debut with big push and match at WM

Now, all of that is fine and all, but Vince changes his mind at the drop of a hat.
Oh shit, ok same thing from last night.

somedevil

From Meltzer as well. Here is the NXT class who is close to a call up:

the Terry Taylor class at the Performance Center (which is the one to groom people who are being considered right now for somewhat imminent main roster spots) currently includes: Shinsuke Nakamura, Andrade Cien Almas, Alexander Wolfe, TM 61, Hideo Itami, Tommaso Ciampa, Johnny Gargano, Chris Hero, Elias Samson and Tye Dillinger.

TM 61 and Itami are injured, but please call Itami up before he gets another injury.

Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Samoa Joe and Austin Aries have different deals so they don't train at the performance center.

Please GOD put Joe on SD. I don't give a fuck if Nak goes to rot on RAW. Just gimme Joe.

Luger coming out with the worst theme of all fucking time. Hall vs Luger, this is gonna suck.

Barrage

Goldberg/Lesnar I think would run contrary to Meltzer's previous assgrab that after WK11 WWE wanted to have a great workrate main event.

So basically, pick which side of Meltz's mouth you think is spewing the least shit.

Angry Grimace

From Meltzer as well. Here is the NXT class who is close to a call up:

TM 61 and Itami are injured, but please call Itami up before he gets another injury.

Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Samoa Joe and Austin Aries have different deals so they don't train at the performance center.

Is this the "LOLTNA" deal?

Goldberg/Lesnar I think would run contrary to Meltzer's previous assgrab that after WK11 WWE wanted to have a great workrate main event.

So basically, pick which side of Meltz's mouth you think is spewing the least shit.

AJ and The Game in a highly cerebral main event. Game is thirsty for those 5 stars and only AJ can get him there.

Angry Grimace

Whether its actually the main event or not, I don't know. What he said specifically is "The key matches remain Brock Lesnar vs. Bill Goldberg, which based on current hints and direction looks likely to be presented as the main event on the show,"

Whether that means the actual main event or what, I don't know. They need to put Styles in a match with Orton though. I doubt they can get through the whole Wyatt family crap before WM though.

Here's hoping Joe gets his push but with a name change to what Nakamura calls him.

Summer Joe

Does Nakamura have a lisp or is just the foreign language thing? Because I have an easier time understanding Itami, who supposedly speaks worse English than Nakamura.

Anth0ny

anyone else have zero interest in a brock/goldberg rematch?

their match at survivor series was perfect. now they're gonna go broadway at mania? already? why does that juiced up bitch brock lesnar deserve a rematch? that's gonna be the absolute shits. goldberg can't work a 10 minute match.

Zach

anyone else have zero interest in a brock/goldberg rematch?

their match at survivor series was perfect. now they're gonna go broadway at mania? already? why does that juiced up bitch brock lesnar deserve a rematch? that's gonna be the absolute shits. goldberg can't work a 10 minute match.
Yeah, I gave it an F on my previous Hype-O-Meter post. It's going to actually be a match that I assume Lesnar will win -- yawn, not interested.

Nekofrog

Banned
Holy shit, the opening rant of stone colds latest podcast profanity to normal word ratio is so fucking high that it is hilarious. Good God

Top Bottom