• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Who has yet to debut in NXT that has been signed? I know Hero and Tommy End are on their way, but I forget about the rest of their signings. Crazy Mary Dobson will likely get her chance soon. I suppose Mandy Rose and Patrick Clark will begin to get some more airtime to develop. On the men's side, Elias Samson will likely take Tye's spot for putting over talent if Tye moves up to the main roster. The Shira brothers (dancing dudes from CWC) will likely be on NXT soon.

NXT is in a curious spot with 205 Live taking some of the hirings that would normally go through NXT instead (Cedric Alexander, TJ Perkins, Swann etc.). WWE needs to refocus on NXT now that the UK scene is being established and Cruiserweights have their own show.

Hopefully Itami can return with momentum since the top of the card could lose Nakamura and Joe at the Rumble.

Foggy

You're not in a healthy place if you think Sami Zayn will win. If anything, he'll come out early and do the underdog thing for a bit until #25.

AHHH KLONERE HASKINS IS BACK AND I HUGGED HIM AND EVERYTHING IS ALRIGHT WITH THE WORLD

uSHsbHbl.jpg

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Say what you want about Maven, but his elimination of The Undertaker is still one of the more memorable eliminations in a Royal Rumble that made me laugh.

Btw I'm at RR 09 in my marathon and already I've lost track of how many times RVD has made a big unannounced return to WWE via the Royal Rumble and I know there's at least one more to come lmao

Has anyone considered the rumored Orton win may be a bait and switch? He wins the rumble, but doesn't actually get a title shot ala shenanigans like Austin at the '97 rumble.

Tall4Life

Has anyone considered the rumored Orton win may be a bait and switch? He wins the rumble, but doesn't actually get a title shot ala shenanigans like Austin at the '97 rumble.

That was one of the stupidest storylines of that decade. Bret vs Austin should've been the title match at Mania. I can't see them repeating that awful shit.

That was one of the stupidest storylines of that decade. Bret vs Austin should've been the title match at Mania. I can't see them repeating that awful shit.
lol how much of the 90's have you watched? And if Bret/Austin was for the title the match almost certainly would not have remotely resembled the I Quit match we got.

Tall4Life

lol how much of the 90's have you watched? And if Bret/Austin was for the title the match almost certainly would not have remotely resembled the I Quit match we got.

It was one of the stupidest in terms of money lost and just how obvious the actual main event of Mania 13 should have been. You can still have the I quit match for the title and in the main event, I don't see what would've changed. Not to mention it became insanely convoluted in the months leading up to Mania.

Yes there are "stupider" storylines in the 90's just looking at most of the NG stuff, but this is still one of the dumbest misbookings.

Skeletos311

My top picks are Jericho and Brawn Strowman. It'll either be Jericho vs Owens or Reigns VS Brawn for the title at WM. I don't think Brock and Goldberg need to be fighting for the belt, but I guess one of them winning is a good possibility too.

That or Sami Zayn wins and then wins the belt from Owens in the WM main event.

Top Bottom