• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

What does Meltzer gain by dropping rumors and speculation from whatever inside sources he has before a big event like this? I'm all for legitimate information being free, but he even acknowledges himself that Vince can pull the trigger on literally anything the minute before it happens. Nothing is accomplished outside of enraging smarks and probably making life harder for the bookers that need to pull audibles to combat the garbage.

He's doing his job.

I'm happy about it because the mania card looks crap. Hopefully vince gets so pissed by Meltz leaking everything that he changes the card.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What does Meltzer gain by dropping rumors and speculation from whatever inside sources he has before a big event like this? I'm all for legitimate information being free, but he even acknowledges himself that Vince can pull the trigger on literally anything the minute before it happens. Nothing is accomplished outside of enraging smarks and probably making life harder for the bookers that need to pull audibles to combat the garbage.

Money?

Tall4Life

Sometimes things are intentionally leaked so they can see what the reaction might be -- this happened with the Strowman/Taker rumors last year. If it's something really good Big Dick Meltz is less likely to post it in hopes that they won't change, lol

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I can understand stuff like speculation on stuff like Mania card which is months away and has a handful of pretty obvious programs leading into it but taking the wind out of the finish of a match like that seems kinda scummy. I dunno I'm sure I'm being naive. I hope he's wrong. I can't think of a finish I want to see less than Randy over. I'd rather have fuckin Ellsworth win it.

Hopefully vince gets so pissed by Meltz leaking everything that he changes the card.

I don't remember this happening often. For example just from the last two years we knew in advance that Reigns was winning at least one belt, winning at least one Rumble, and fighting HHH in the main event. None of those changed despite fan reaction both before and during

His job is to report, by the way. He does. If anyone has a problem with journalism: run for President. It sounds like you'd do well these days unfortunately.

I can understand stuff like speculation on stuff like Mania card which is months away and has a handful of pretty obvious programs leading into it but taking the wind out of the finish of a match like that seems kinda scummy.

Stuff like that is known in advance all the time, this is just the first time in a while there's been any real doubt for the Rumble winner in particular. The smart money odds will come in an hour before showtime (so like 2.5 or 3 hours from now lol let's just make every show 2 hours longer nowadays) and then we'll know for sure

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
His job is to report, by the way. He does. If anyone has a problem with journalism: run for President. It sounds like you'd do well these days unfortunately.

I guess it depends on what you consider under the umbrella of journalism. In the case of him leaking a finish to a big money match is akin to having access to the script of a Star Wars movie and "reporting" on who is going to die the day before the movie comes out. It's scummy clickbait but hardly journalism in my opinion.

C3SzqmDVMAAoyCI.jpg

My wife is really gonna be angry if that rumor is true, what a waste of a (another!) Rumble.

Getting real tired of saying that every year, I guess it's well past time to accept the event is far from being something to get excited about anymore.

'Watch it for the train-wreck!' is not the tag line they should be going for.

Do we really need to be giving people who don't need it repeat wins etc?? Why do they do this? It achieves nothing for the person who is already as over as they're gonna be. Give it to someone that could use the accolade attached to their name not someone who "Already did that before but also did it this year so that's cool right?".

:|

Anyway, I'm still sticking with my Finn Balor pick!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can understand stuff like speculation on stuff like Mania card which is months away and has a handful of pretty obvious programs leading into it but taking the wind out of the finish of a match like that seems kinda scummy. I dunno I'm sure I'm being naive. I hope he's wrong. I can't think of a finish I want to see less than Randy over. I'd rather have fuckin Ellsworth win it.

Except it means either AJ/Orton or Orton/Bray which means someone has to get elevated. Not sure what else you would want.

Miz just has to come out to D-Brys music, surely they can't still be teasing this shit every week (him doing his moves etc) then just go no where with it right?

Miz vs Daniel Bryan.....'s good friend Shinsuke Nakamura at WM. Or maybe Hideo Itami!

Exodust

Banned
I see people in the Rumble thread getting all excited for Sami Zayn winning. What?

I like Zayn, but there's no possibility of that happening. Especially considering how he's been booked.

Zayn winning would be so random lol, they haven't made any effort at all to make him seem like someone the crowd should think is important.

Would be hilarious if they tried to artificially make him the new D-Bry type guy we get behind when they just ignored and purposely tried to ruin the real D-Bry we all wanted to get behind when they had him. :|

Hilariously sad. :(

Tall4Life

I can't wait for Orton to win so people can whine about how obvious the Rumble winner was when literally no one thought it was going to be Orton until the rumors.

I see people in the Rumble thread getting all excited for Sami Zayn winning. What?

I like Zayn, but there's no possibility of that happening. Especially considering how he's been booked.

Seems like they want it in response to the current Muslim ban, as an act of defiance.

Forgetting the McMahons, especially Vince and HHH, are Trump's friends and Linda works for him and likely all of them support the ban

Also he's probably gone during the next tour that exits the country but that's another sadder discussion

Watching War Machine really showed how far behind the curve the Authors of Pain are.

Ciampa and Gargano worked really hard to make those two look in that match.

TakeOver has been fine. Nothing above *** so far.

Scurll vs. Sabre from High Stakes 2017 will be the best thing I watch this weekend, followed by Riddle vs. Shibata. I hope Gabe watched Shibata vs. Riddle because that's the combination of grapplefuck and striking that I think we're looking for from Riddle vs. Cobb.

Barrage

So I guess the consensus now is if Sami Zayn doesnt win the Rumble is bad? Yuck. Talk about setting yourself up for dissapointment.

Tagyhag

Where did all the "Zayn is winning!" Even come from? There's like nothing to hint at that.

Although that's the same for Randy pre-bets I guess...

Exodust

Banned
Seems like they want it in response to the current Muslim ban, as an act of defiance.

Forgetting the McMahons, especially Vince and HHH, are Trump's friends and Linda works for him and likely all of them support the ban

Also he's probably gone during the next tour that exits the country but that's another sadder discussion

I get that. As an Arab from a muslim family that would be cool to see, but I don't see it ever happening. It is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Anth0ny

Zayn wins the Rumble.

Vince gets in the ring on Monday.

"These indie wrestlers are ruining this great company. From now on, I'm implementing a ban on any wrestlers who, prior to WWE, wrestled from the following promotions..."

The catch? Vince is the babyface in this situation!

I get that. As an Arab from a muslim family that would be cool to see, but I don't see it ever happening. It is setting yourself up for disappointment.

I agree, but that last sentence is tradition. Wasn't that long ago people here were swearing it just made sense for Bryan to win 2014 Rumble and no other outcome was possible, and even more recent when they did it again for the '15 Rumble

Leave it to UUDD to show how much personality Jack Swagger actually has and for the WWE to just completely blindside it as usual.

Hyped AF for the Madden Grand Final. It's gonna be LIT.

Top Bottom