• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

strobogo

Banned
There is a famous story about Andre shitting all over Bad News Brown. I think in Mexico. I'm sure a lot of dudes have accidentally pooped from stiff bumps. You take a big jolt that knocks your mouth open, there is a good chance some other things can open.

lol, i know why Host asked that question today...

0.gif

it's EXACTLY what you think it is.

strobogo

Banned
Is there an actual rule that you can't jump off ropes/cages in unified MMA rules? I remember that dude a couple years ago doing a ninja kick by springboarding off the cage, but could you do that off ropes or off the top of a cage? I want a shoot Disaster Kick or shoot SSP into a kimura.

Kaladin

Is there any chance that Batista is treated like a regular superstar upon his comeback and isn't another Brock or Rock where he's just competing in big matches and you never see him wrestle for free?

Toki767

Batista is getting a Brock-like deal right? I'm guessing you aren't going to see him for a while once he's off doing tours for Guardians of the Galaxy.

DO YOU TAKE BACKFLIPS??!?!?

zaromskisbackflip.gif

I do now! Wheeee

Is there an actual rule that you can't jump off ropes/cages in unified MMA rules? I remember that dude a couple years ago doing a ninja kick by springboarding off the cage, but could you do that off ropes or off the top of a cage? I want a shoot Disaster Kick or shoot SSP into a kimura.

Don't think you can do stuff off the top of the cage, but off the cage wall is ok.

The Ninja Kick you're referring to (Anthony Pettis vs Benson Henderson in WEC) basically was a shoot Disaster Kick. It was INSANITY.

Mengetsu

Speaking of poop...

The appearance from Jake Roberts at Old School RAW was a one-time deal. That doesn't mean he won't be in the Royal Rumble or the WWE Hall of Fame but no deal has been put in place for either yet. Regarding his return on RAW, Roberts was telling people that the reason Dean Ambrose was smiling when Jake put the snake on him was because the snake defecated on his chest. CM Punk mentioned this to Ambrose and that's why he couldn't help but laugh.

strobogo

Banned
Beautiful Disaster is a TERRIBLE name for a move done by a male superstar. Even for a flamboyantly gay gimmick like Adrian Street or Larry Lane. Also, it looks like shit most of the time and I wish Cody would either lay it in or drop the move entirely.

Both NJPW/CMLL Fantasticamania shows this weekend are going to be iPPVs;

NJPW/CMLL, "FANTASTICAMANIA", 2014.01.18
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

18:30 JST | 10:30 EU | 09:30 UK | 04:30 EST | 01:30 PST

Spanish Commentary | Japanese Commentary - $15

1. Maximo vs Jado vs Taichi
2. Stuka Jr. & Rey Cometa vs Yujiro Takahashi & OKUMURA
3. Tiger Mask, Titan, KUSHIDA & Fuego vs Rey Escorpion, YOSHI-HASHI, Niebla Roja & Vangelis
4. Volador Jr. & BUSHIROAD vs Mascara Dorada & El Desperado
5. Shinsuke Nakamura vs Rush
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito & La Sombra vs Kazuchika Okada, Ultimo Guerrero & Tomohiro Ishii
7. Mexican National Lightweight Title: Mephisto (c) vs Mistico

NJPW/CMLL, "FANTASTICAMANIA", 2014.01.19
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

12:00 JST | 04:00 EU | 03:00 UK | 22:00 EST | 19:00 PST

Spanish Commentary | Japanese Commentary - $15

1. Maximo & Mascara Don vs TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
2. Rey Cometa & Stuka Jr. vs YOSHI-HASHI & OKUMURA
3. Titan, Tiger Mask, El Desperado, BUSHIROAD & Fuego vs Jado, Gedo, Toru Yano, Neibla Roja & Vangelis
4. Tetsuya Naito & Rush vs Tomohiro Ishii & Rey Escorpion
5. La Sombra vs Ultimo Guerrero
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Mistico & Kota Ibushi vs Shinsuke Nakamura, Mephisto & Yujiro Takahashi
7. NWA World Historic Welterweight Title: Volador Jr (c) vs Mascara Dorada

Won't be able to watch that second show live, but at least US folk get a good time to watch New Japan for once.

depends. in Japan there's no unified rules nor athletic comissions, so there was more freedom to what you can do.

fight in a lucha mask like Del Rio did
fight in a Bruce Lee yellow jumpsuit
carry all sorts of shit into the ring

i remember Krazy Horse starting a fight with a top rope double foot strike:

http://youtu.be/4FXD17l3JcQ?t=2m5s

Krazy Horse has tons of crazy stuff, here's a bonus gif of a shoot Airplane Spin Slam:

tumblr_m6o6sgEVME1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

edit: also stro, the most perfect picture KO i've ever seen is Hari on Leko:

l.gif

I've decided Bo Dallas should enter the Royal Rumble several times this year, and a In-Screen Video should play as he enters dedicating each attempt to his favourite wrestler (which changes each time).

#4 - Bo Dallas!
"I dedicate this to my favourite wrestler John Cena!"

He gets eliminated.

#12 Bo Dallas!
"I dedicate this to my favourite wrestler Bob Backlund!"

He gets eliminated.

#14 Bo Dallas!!
"I dedicate this to the WWE Universe, a true inspiration to us all!"

He gets eliminated.

krae_man

Kofi's zany spots validate his rumble role.
Miz can eliminate himself by tripping over his own setup for the Figure 4 Leglock.

Chair spot was just dumb? Why did he pogo it, when he could just push off the announcers table and wheel over?

Oh and Jomo's Rumble spot > all of Kofi's combined.

strobogo

Banned
depends. in Japan there's no unified rules nor athletic comissions, so there was more freedom to what you can do.

fight in a lucha mask like Del Rio did
fight in a Bruce Lee yellow jumpsuit
carry all sorts of shit into the ring

i remember Krazy Horse starting a fight with a top rope double foot strike:

http://youtu.be/4FXD17l3JcQ?t=2m5s

Krazy Horse has tons of crazy stuff, here's a bonus gif of a shoot Airplane Spin Slam:

tumblr_m6o6sgEVME1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

edit: also stro, the most perfect picture KO i've ever seen is Hari on Leko:

l.gif

Both of those are awesome.

Both of those are awesome.

i sense there's a combat sports fan in you.

i'll be making an OT for the next UFC event, you should join us, man.

Bronson, slightconfuse, Thespian and a few others always show up.

also, one of the matches features a SHOOT Loser Leaves Town match between Frank Mir and Overeem. someone's losing their job!!

edit: Loser Leaves Town is Feb 1st actually, mixed the events up. but the Jan 25 card is pretty decent.

Xater

also, one of the matches features a SHOOT Loser Leaves Town match between Frank Mir and Overeem. someone's losing their job!!

Strobo would probably be into the Japanese stuff with head stomps and shit. Really exciting stuff. UFC is cool but feels watered down compared to that. Of course it's better for the fighters that stuff like that isn't allowed in UFC but still...

Strobo would probably be into the Japanese stuff with head stomps and shit. Really exciting stuff. UFC is cool but feels watered down compared to that. Of course it's better for the fighters that stuff like that isn't allowed in UFC but still...

soccer kicks you say...

1036584-7M0VFAL.gif

strobogo

Banned

Lapsed fan. I was big into UFC and PRIDE from 2004ish-until sometime in 2010. UFC got way too over exposed and over saturated for me to keep up with, so I started just watching shows with guys I wanted to see. Then they'd get hurt or fight once every 8 months, so I gave up. I still followed it for a while, but I haven't watched a full fight since Silva/Chael 2. I haven't watched a full show since 102. My cousin took BJJ and MOOEY TIE classes and I got to attend some actual MT fights. They were pretty rad. I also rolled at the BJJ class and a dude slammed my face into his knee before putting me in a triangle. The knee smash was totally unnecessary since it wasn't a competitive thing, he was just showing me a triangle. He did it on purpose to be a dick, which I thought was not a very common thing in the BJJ community. Gave me 2 black eyes and gi burn on my face.

Xater

Lapsed fan. I was big into UFC and PRIDE from 2004ish-until sometime in 2010. UFC got way too over exposed and over saturated for me to keep up with, so I started just watching shows with guys I wanted to see. Then they'd get hurt or fight once every 8 months, so I gave up. I still followed it for a while, but I haven't watched a full fight since Silva/Chael 2. I haven't watched a full show since 102. My cousin took BJJ and MOOEY TIE classes and I got to attend some actual MT fights. They were pretty rad. I also rolled at the BJJ class and a dude slammed my face into his knee before putting me in a triangle. The knee smash was totally unnecessary since it wasn't a competitive thing, he was just showing me a triangle. He did it on purpose to be a dick, which I thought was not a very common thing in the BJJ community. Gave me 2 black eyes and gi burn on my face.

Sounds almost like me. I followed MMA from like 2006-2010. Gave also pretty much up for the same reasons.

Never tried BJJ so I have no experience there but that story sucks. That guy does sound like an asshole.

Also just saw that Bad Bones of wXw fame will be part of the TNA UK thing.

FUUUUUUUCK, Mastif vs Devitt should be all kinds of awesome. Now I'm back to wishing I'd got tickets :(

Oh well, Progress Chapter 11 on the 26th!! #DieJimmyDie

Top Bottom