• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Rapstah

Instead of people turning into their characters, the 90s and 00s have had characters turning into their wrestlers. Less wrestlers are crazy than the wrestling characters they portray are.
Talks about teaching BJJ to Hunter, Stephanie and their kids (with Vince taking a look lol) and choking out a drunk Matt Hardy on the road.
This sentence totally worked for what I thought a BJJ was.

jmdajr

Ric Flair describes wrestling in North Korea in front of 190,000 people

FTW: Can you describe the experience of getting off the plane in North Korea?

Flair: It was extremely intimidating. They split us all up, took our passports, took us to different hotels, and they assigned different people to take care of us. I had someone who stuck with me all the time, from the sports ministry department. The guy who was taking care of me looked at me, and I had a Rolex on. He said “do you know how many years I would have to work to buy one of those?” I had no idea, he said “10 years.” People over there were making six dollars a day.

FTW: What was the crowd like at this arena, because it’s a little eerie to watch the show on tape? The announcers repeatedly say there were 190,000 people there that night, is that legitimate?

Flair: 190,000. I didn’t even know they had a facility that would hold [that many people]. It was huge — it was a two-day event, I didn’t wrestle the first day. I watched the show with Ali up in the sports minister’s press box. They had a card show, did you see that? It was like synchronized swimming — the cards showed a couple of missiles taking off from Korea, one going to Japan and one going to America.

Flair: They kept us three days after the event — we were supposed to leave right after but they kept us three days longer. The thing that really disturbed me the most was that they wanted me to make a public statement…. that after my time in North Korea, I saw that they could dominate the United States of America if they wanted to. I couldn’t say that, you know what I mean? I can’t remember how I angled my way around that one but I did not say that. I just said that I was thrilled and honored to be there and appreciated their hospitality. They were, for the most part, very nice. It was just an intimidating format, the whole time. There was no misunderstanding that [the North Koreans] wanted us to know that they were a threat as a world power.

strobogo

Banned
WTF, Rick Victor did That Move That Beat John Cena in the match the Ascension won the tag titles in. Come on, HHH, bury that goober.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Eve Torres and her fiance Rener Gracie on The MMA Hour

Don't really know who she is, but interesting interview. Talks about teaching BJJ to Hunter, Stephanie and their kids (with Vince taking a look lol) and choking out a drunk Matt Hardy on the road.
Didn't know Eve was married to Rener, wouldn't mind seeing her try WMMA.
Low Ki would've had a great career in the E if he would've only learned to swallow his damn pride.
Coulda been Sin Cara.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
tumblr_mzsd81t63b1skeohxo1_250.gif
tumblr_mzsd81t63b1skeohxo2_250.gif

tumblr_mzsd81t63b1skeohxo3_250.gif
tumblr_mzsd81t63b1skeohxo4_250.gif

strobogo

Banned
Is Alex Riley the worst wrestler turned commentator of all time? Maybe not worst, but most douchey and annoying. Superstar Graham was awful. He might actually be my vote.

MC Safety

Is Alex Riley the worst wrestler turned commentator of all time? Maybe not worst, but most douchey and annoying. Superstar Graham was awful. He might actually be my vote.

I thought Graham was a good "bad guy" commentator. But I guess he was overshadowed in that regard by Jesse the Body and The Brain.

The Duke of Dorchester called a few matches in the WWF. I believe that was the first and only time a scrub wrestler did commentary.

bjork

Does anyone give a shit what a homophobic, no talent, juiced up freak like Warrior says? It's amazing to me that people still say 'oh I mark for Warrior' when they announced him for the game when there's no redeeming qualities about him. Nash is funny/intelligent. Hogan is a genius at playing politics and knows how to make truck loads of money. Flair is oozing with talent and charisma. Bret had tons of talent. HBK had tons of talent

Warrior is just a turd. He's the definition of right place/right time.

swhBuxU.gif

Vylash

Another great part of NXT season 2 is the end of the first episode, Nexus started because the season 1 guys were treated badly, so the season 2 pros had this great idea to quell any uprising by...beating the rookies up

KissVibes

Banned
I always assumed he was given the name Kaval because he blows.

Dude won NXT and took an ass-kicking that the great Kofi Kingston couldn't save him from, and went on a losing streak. He clearly was nobodies favorite in WWE.

strobogo

Banned
Just thought I'd post this, as it always makes me smile;

He1smDr.jpg

I wish the World Warrior would try his hand at MMA, I'm sure that'd be good for a laugh.

I bet he'd get fucking smoked thinking he could really fight because he took liberties with indie scrubs with no strike training who were afraid to fight back anyway since they were much lower on the card.

RR_01241993_0716.jpg

Worst or best phone call ever?

MISC_0011.jpg

Look how skinny Vince looks.

I always assumed he was given the name Kaval because he blows.

Dude won NXT and took an ass-kicking that the great Kofi Kingston couldn't save him from, and went on a losing streak. He clearly was nobodies favorite in WWE.

MVP liked him. But MVP was already a foot out the door before he got asked to dumb down his war crate.

Top Bottom