• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Sokantish

How can you guys tell that the volume is being lowered?

I'd like to say that I have good hearing and this really isn't obvious to me.

Okay if they weren't adjusting the volume then how come the lets go cena chants are louder than the cena sucks chants? Ever think of that?!

It's like on Smackdown when you hear amazingly loud pops for Nikki Bella while the crowd shots show everyone sitting down and looking bored.

That's obvious to me. WWE's classic "fake" cheer is easy to catch during Smackdown.

I just don't hear it here. I would say that I'll go back and listen to see for myself but this RAW has been terrible. I'll just take your guys' word for it.

No, they muted them on purpose during the Batista/Orton segment. Go back tomorrow and listen for yourself.

Yeah maybe earlier in the evening, I wasn't listening as closely then. I was responding to the posts about what is happening at the moment - pretty clear crowd noise and commentary which is addressing how popular Daniel Bryan is. I was curious what the strategy was gonna be from behind the scenes in dealing with last night and I don't think they are doing too terribly with it. Of course nothing is set yet.

How can you guys tell that the volume is being lowered?

I'd like to say that I have good hearing and this really isn't obvious to me.

Rapid changes in crowd volume out of nowhere, particularly when a chant is really getting going.

I haven't really noticed it a lot tonight, but I'm only half paying attention. After Batista won the Rumble though, it was super-obvious. I went back and watched it. The crowd noise just instantly died shortly after Batista won.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY KNIFE EDGE CHOPS????

kentakobashichopfest.gif

Sokantish

That's obvious to me. WWE's classic "fake" cheer is easy to catch during Smackdown.

I just don't hear it here. I would say that I'll go back and listen to see for myself but this RAW has been terrible. I'll just take your guys' word for it.

Don't take my word for it, I wasn't actually sincere

gurudyne

What is this about muted audio ... Everything sounds fine to me.

Doesn't match the normal patterns. Chants are spotty--they get loud out of nowhere, die out of nowhere. It's happened off and on throughout the show. Easy to think that the back office is controlling everything after last night. I mean, remember Des Moines, IA on the Raw After The Raw After Wrestlemania? They tried being the NJ crowd just for the sake of it. I wouldn't put it above Cleveland to do the same thing.

Aiii

So not worth it

Nobody will ever know for sure, but I think they muted the crowd mics during the Batista/Orton segment, yes.

WOW GUYS, THEY'RE EVEN CHANGING THE TONE OF THE CHANTS NOW

THE "LET'S GO CENA" CHANTS WERE ALL LIGHT LIKE A CHILD, AND THE "CENA SUCKS" CHANTS WERE ALL LOW, LIKE AN ADULT

FUCKIN WWE MAN, ALWAYS SHITTING ON THE THINGS I LOVE AND CHERISH

KissVibes

Banned

The crowd was absolutely stone when the dueling Cena chants started. That shit was undeniably fake.

Aiii

So not worth it
WOW GUYS, THEY'RE EVEN CHANGING THE TONE OF THE CHANTS NOW

THE "LET'S GO CENA" CHANTS WERE ALL LIGHT LIKE A CHILD, AND THE "CENA SUCKS" CHANTS WERE ALL LOW, LIKE AN ADULT

FUCKIN WWE MAN, ALWAYS SHITTING ON THE THINGS I LOVE AND CHERISH

Are you 3 years old?

And Vince's blood just went ice cold in the back at the sight of Reigns grabbing his knee.

Man, I can clearly hear that ref right now. "You're running out of time, you're running out of time..."

Verendus

Banned
I bet WWE messes up Reign's push somehow. He has the look, decent charisma, and some spotlight moves. He could be pretty big if they pull it off well.

This is super off-topic, but this match is boring ATM anyway: anyone else hate the red crowd lighting (and blue during Smackdown)? I think it looks terrible, always have.

somedevil

Great Punch. Also, I like Daniel Bryan but people are getting a bit paranoid. Look at this quote. Is this from a fan or "writer" for a wrestling website?

Interesting to hear the announcers going all-out endorsing Bryan and the "Yes!" business, which felt like WWE was trying to "own the story," giving it a corporate seal of approval. Of course, the "corporate seal of approval" could eventually hurt "Yes!" which could be how WWE finally brings it down by endorsing it. Interesting gamesmanship going on.

So Daniel is screwed because if the WWE ignores it they are burying him but if go along with it, its an inside job to bring him down.

Verendus

Banned
Shouldn't this match be ending now? There's only 3 minutes left. And why do they still have this shitty red lighting? Why can't you have normal lights? What's wrong with normal lights?!

Ithil

I bet WWE messes up Reign's push somehow. He has the look, decent charisma, and some spotlight moves. He could be pretty big if they pull it off well.

The big danger is when he goes face, they give him the WWE Top Face Template character, which is just Cena-Lite. Then he's ruined.

gurudyne

So Daniel is screwed because if the WWE ignores it they are burying him but if go along with it, its an inside job to bring him down.

I think the writer's more afraid they're going to handle it like they did Fandango last year, which is to say in the worst, most hamfisted, inept ways imaginable.

Top Bottom