• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Son Of D

Ok....Smackdown just had
Shield vs Wyatts announced for EC, Cesaro in the Chamber, and Titus O Neil just turned heel and broke up the PTP

That's a lot to happen for a Smackdown...

Wait what? That's random. Then again, "anything is possible" etc.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SoulPlaya I will never understand your undying love for Kane but long may it continue, I would enjoy lurking every day on this board and posting twice a month much more if everyone would just pick any one wrestler and swear blind allegiance like you, Shark Johnson and Aiii to Kane, Christian and AJ respectively, gives the thread more flavour.
Yeah, I am great.

So is Kane.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
This was the full exchange on the show.

"Dean:A gift from Kane
Sam:What the Wrestler?
Dean:I wish"

That's right. He's famous. Kane is famous. Accept it!!!! MAINSTREAM!!!! TRENDING!!!! MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hasney

Just realised that if the Real Americans split up, Cesaro is either their second or third biggest singles heel by default behind Orton and possibly Del Rio. There really is a huge lack of heels, so I'm assuming Sheamus turns after his return goodwill wears off, fella.

Although you could argue it wore off after Rey Mysterious came out in the Rumble.

Ithil

At a guess, the
Titus heel turn is just them pulling the trigger on a guy that's not young and not doing anything, to make something of him before he's too old. They are in need of fresh heels anyway

1536556_454711117991617_2045754376_n.jpg

zychi

Banned
Ok....Smackdown just had
Shield vs Wyatts announced for EC, Cesaro in the Chamber, and Titus O Neil just turned heel and broke up the PTP

Apparently nothing fucking happens on raw anymore besides talking.

Anth0ny

Ok....Smackdown just had

cause there's not enough time on 3 hour raw to fit these things

Hasney

Christian should come back to smack down more often

Don't worry, I'm sure after he re-injures his shoulder tonight, we'll all look forward to his Smackdown return in 6 months.

Actually thinking there's so much going on with this Smackdown his return might get bumped to next week. Obviously the live crowd will riot if this is the case though.

Anth0ny

Just realised that if the Real Americans split up, Cesaro is either their second or third biggest singles heel by default behind Orton and possibly Del Rio. There really is a huge lack of heels, so I'm assuming Steamos turns after his return goodwill wears off, fella.

9ddmwhN.jpg

somedevil

The Elimination Chamber match set. Here are the 6 in the chamber:

Orton, Sheamus, Bryan, Cena
Cesaro and Christian

The rest of the card seems to be as of now:

Kane vs Punk
Shield vs Wyatt Family
Batista vs Del Rio

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Punk's such a mark he probably always picks to be an early entrant so he can be 'da guy.' He does it every time he's in, like he's got some shit to prove.

Malvingt2

Cesaro and Christian

Kane vs Punk
Shield vs Wyatt Family
Batista vs Del Rio

You know what? I like the EC roster but Kofi got robbed.

Hasney

Cesaro and Christian

Kane vs Punk
Shield vs Wyatt Family
Batista vs Del Rio

WHAT?! BEST SMACKDOWN EVER. WWE have their finger on the pulse with that last Chamber entrant.

Now even PPV gets the Christian bump.

UberTag

This was the full exchange on the show.

"Dean:A gift from Kane
Sam:What the Wrestler?
Dean:I wish"

That's right. He's famous. Kane is famous. Accept it!!!! MAINSTREAM!!!! TRENDING!!!! MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Supernatural is hardly mainstream.

It airs on the CW.
It gets 2.5 million viewers or less every week.

You know what gets more than 2.5 million viewers a week?
Monday Night RAW.

Supernatural characters should hope to get mentioned on RAW so THEY'LL be considered mainstream. Not the other way around.

Alucard

Banned
Has anyone else actually been liking Kofi Kingston's body of work over the past 3 weeks or so? Basically, since his win against Orton. Too bad it's going to lead to nothing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

It airs on the CW.

Monday Night RAW.

Supernatural characters should hope to get mentioned on RAW so THEY'LL be considered mainstream. Not the other way around.

Damn I'm a supernatural fan but that was ice cold lol. Where's that Loki gif when you need it

Alucard

Banned
The Kofi clock never leads anywhere. It's a circle after all.

It's a shame because the guy does have a lot of fans and his in-ring work is pretty unique and impressive. Of course, he still needs a character.

On an unrelated note, does anyone else wonder why tag teams virtually never get mic/promo time in the WWE? I don't even remember one Rhodes Brothers promo when they were champs.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

It airs on the CW.

Monday Night RAW.

People called a CM Punk reference on PTI on ESPN mainstream, even though that show barely gets under a million viewers. By that metric, Supernatural is supremely popular.

MAINSTREAM!!!!! FAMOUS!!!! TRENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alucard

Banned
People called a CM Punk reference on PTI on ESPN mainstream, even though that show barely gets under a million viewers. By that metric, Supernatural is supremely popular.

Kane: Not nearly as annoying as his fanboys.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

This SoulPlaya gimmick ain't so good. :/

zychi

Banned
Reddit has a memo that shows wwe and the told media not to post screenshots of a wwf v smack down game w hhh in a "weak" position.

Talk about gaining power through marriage

Verendus

Banned
Just realised that if the Real Americans split up, Cesaro is either their second or third biggest singles heel by default behind Orton and possibly Del Rio. There really is a huge lack of heels, so I'm assuming Sheamus turns after his return goodwill wears off, fella.

Although you could argue it wore off after Rey Mysterious came out in the Rumble.
Yep, it's the first thing I noticed when I watched Raw earlier this year.

WWE have no top heels and that's a bad situation to be in. Daniel Bryan is a face, Cena is a face, CM Punk is a face, Sheamus is a face, Big Show is a face, Rey Mysterio is a face, Kane and Triple H don't apparently wrestle full-time now, and Orton is a heel. That's their top talent, I don't think I missed anyone. Let's say you manage to put someone like Daniel Bryan on top, who is he supposed to face? What about Cena? Or CM Punk? Apparently, they've already exhausted all of those potential matches going by what I'm seeing here and there of the past couple years. Where does that leave you?

It's also why I think WWE is so short sighted. The first thing I thought when I heard Batista is coming back, and caught up with Raw, is that Orton shouldn't be the champion. Bryan should have been champion since last summer and the first thing to do with Batista should be to turn him heel prior to Wrestlemania.

How are you supposed to book a show without proper heels? It's part of why I find Raw so boring. There is no conflict. No interesting fued.

Edit:

Cesaro and Christian

Kane vs Punk
Shield vs Wyatt Family
Batista vs Del Rio
This could be bad or good because...

Lesnar is not in the EC, which kind of sucks since I want to see him in it, so he's facing Undertaker and not Batista. This then means we're either getting Batista/Bryan, Batista/Orton or maybe even Batista/Orton/Bryan. I really hope it's the first option and Batista is turning heel.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reddit has a memo that shows wwe and the told media not to post screenshots of a wwf v smack down game w hhh in a "weak" position.

Talk about gaining power through marriage

Pretty old, that was out there in SvR 2011. No doubt they repeat that each year, too.

Anth0ny

Cesaro and Christian

Kane vs Punk
Shield vs Wyatt Family
Batista vs Del Rio

what in the fuck

blue dot?
really?

i think i'm ok with this.

strobogo

Banned
What gimmick? Do you know how rare it is for the WWE to get a mainstream mention? Let alone, a Kane one? Of course, I would be hyped.

But as mentioned earlier, WWE is way more main stream than anything on the CW. The CW mentioned Kane is getting that indie cred.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
But as mentioned earlier, WWE is way more main stream than anything on the CW. The CW mentioned Kane is getting that indie cred.
And as I mentioned, CM Punk getting mentioned on a show averaging under a million views was considered mainstream, and in that case, this is much more so. It's a non WWE show on a decently major network (especially among younger viewers), and they fucking mentioned Kane of all people.

Top Bottom