• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

You violated the rules, which clearly stated, no non-wrestling characters. If anyone has a bone to pick, it's me. I chose Alberto Del Rio and Bootaaay put me down for John Cena.
If this was part of the rules, then I'll take the blame. I didn't really read much of the rules besides thr PM Bootaaay sent me.

I could change my avatar if I wanted because of this but I'm a good sport.

You have a poor attitude.
Sure I didn't change my avatar, but that was because my character didn't get picked. If I read the rules correctly, then I would have changed my pick. I'll make sure to change my avatar soon. It's not that I have poor attitude, it's the fact that Boootaaay picked Bo Dallas. Can you blame me?

Also, eff horror movies and their "fans". Bunch of wannabe murderers, listening to shitty metal music and dressing in all black. No one is afraid of you, you pasty skinned freaks.
I blast shitty metal music and dress in all black? I learn something new about myself everyday. Again with the assumptions. This reads like a John Cena promo.

strobogo

Banned
Guys go to NXT so they can learn WWE wrestling. You can frown upon it but I take it as such:

-learn where each camera is and how to work with a match "producer"
-learning when to que commercial breaks

I take it those are really hard to get the hang of

NXT is absolutely necessary to break people of trying to work matches like Davey Richards or AR Fox. I thought Davey had stupid spots, but watching this PWG show, dude might be the most indie of indie workers I've ever seen.

Malvingt2

He got over on his own, so they gave him a shitty storyline where he jobbed out every week made to look like a loser. Wasn't protected at all in his matches at all, just straight up jobbed.

Vince/HHH: WE TRIED GUYS!

what a shame. The random match he had vs Cesaro for the US title at that PPV was just awesome and short.

NXT is absolutely necessary to break people of trying to work matches like Davey Richards or AR Fox. I thought Davey had stupid spots, but watching this PWG show, dude might be the most indie of indie workers I've ever seen.

Yeah, AR Fox is...just dumb. If he's not almost killing himself with some insane, ridiculous bump, he's making everyone look stupid with yet another convoluted, incessantly flippy spot. He doesn't know the meaning of the word restraint and went to the John Cena school of selling.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, AR Fox is...just dumb. If he's not almost killing himself with some insane, ridiculous bump, he's making everyone look stupid with yet another convoluted, incessantly flippy spot. He doesn't know the meaning of the word restraint and went to the John Cena school of selling.

That flippy dippy bulldog is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen outside of a death match show. I have a few gifs from Fox/Elgin that are absolutely stupid to me.

mouserat

Neo Member
The post-Rumble WWE Raw did a good number, but actually declined from last week even with easier competition, doing 4.70 million viewers, down 3.3% from the hugely successful episode last week.

It was down 6% from last year's post-Rumble RAW numbers, but is likely to be among the better numbers of 2014.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 4.85 million viewers
9 p.m. 4.84 million viewers
10 p.m. 4.47 million viewers

The rating should fall between a 3.3 and 3.6.

those Batista views

tumblr_mzo7qzJsKI1qaryouo1_500.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Elgin's getting pretty bad himself, to be honest. I like the dude, but he needs to know when to stop.

I've only seen a handful of his matches and he isn't impressive at all. His big power spots don't seem very impressive when you consider how small the majority of indie guys are and you can see Cesaro doing more impressive ones to legit monsters every week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boots you got a transparent NJPW icon I can brand my av with?

but...but...I've enjoyed his matches. At least the ones I've seen in person, which is quite a few. I get it though lol. Last year, my friend and I on Raw...

CA4CVmm.jpg

I've only seen a handful of his matches and he isn't impressive at all. His big power spots don't seem very impressive when you consider how small the majority of indie guys are and you can see Cesaro doing more impressive ones to legit monsters every week.

True, but Cesaro is legitimately freaky strong and, you're right, there aren't many other big guys on the indies for him to show his strength off against. Elgin's best stuff to date, imo, was the first year or so when he was in ROH. He wasn't booked as strong and had to be more restrained because of it. He's a guy who I think a tour of Japan could do a world of good.

WhoaIsThatMars said:
but...but...I've enjoyed his matches. At least the ones I've seen in person, which is quite a few. I get it though lol. Last year, my friend and I on Raw...

Don't get me wrong, I've have liked AR Fox's stuff in the past, but seeing some of his more convoluted spots over and over starts to get old - he works best in multi-man matches, I find. I haven't enjoyed his singles run in EVOLVE at all.

VinceMcMahon said:
Boots you got a transparent NJPW icon I can brand my av with?

Yeah, here's the logo, just resize as necessary;

1390797653383u1s5a.png

Also, the transparent New Beginning logo if anyone else wants it;

njpw_the_new_beginninmfs6b.png

somedevil

Smackdown Spoilers:

* SmackDown opens with a RAW recap and out comes The Shield. Dean Ambrose says the Elimination Chamber is made for The Shield. He said the WWE Universe, The Authority and Randy Orton knew if The Shield got in the Chamber one of them would have walked out champion. Dean talks to Roman Reigns about him setting a record at the Royal Rumble. They talk about eliminating each other at the Rumble. Seth Rollins is the voice of reason. He then talks about The Wyatt Family & says they are the reason The Shield isn't in the Chamber. He doesn't know why they did what they did and he doesn't care but they need to be dealt with. He praises the other two members of The Shield. Ambrose said they will wipe The Wyatt Family off the earth. Vickie Guerrero came out to major heat. You couldn't hear what she was saying but Triple H came out next.

Triple H says he understands where The Shield is coming from. He said The Wyatts cost them. He said it's water under the bridge and to let it go. There is no benefit from it & all there is is loss & more problems and to just let it go. Reigns steps up & says he doesn't need Triple H's approval. Triple H says there is no talking them out of it and asks us if we want to see The Wyatts and The Shield go at it. He announces The Shield vs. The Wyatts for Elimination Chamber.

* Dolph Ziggler vs. Antonio Cesaro in an Elimination Chamber qualifying match is next. Cesaro is announced as from the United States now. Zeb Colter is with him but Jack Swagger is not. A solid back and forth match that went outside of the ring. Cesaro eventually hits a Cesaro Swing and the Neutralizer for the win.

Great Start so far and Cesaro getting that push.

UberTag

Remember when Drew McIntyre had that great showing in the Elimination Chamber and nothing of consequence for his career followed afterwards?

Toki767

They are going to try their hardest to make sure the main event of the Elimination Chamber isn't booed I see. At least during the match itself. Have to wait to see if the outcome is booed.

Big One

Banned
Cesaro is in the chamber? HOly crap. Then again they need two heels outside of Orton to fill that role. I'm also predicting we're getting Bork vs. Batista at the chamber for the number 1 contendership spot, unless Bork is in the Chamber.

Anth0ny

Smackdown Spoilers:

Great Start so far and Cesaro getting that push.

shiiiiiiiiit

please let this Cesaro push go somewhere. PLEASE ah fuck it

Cesaro is in the chamber? HOly crap. Then again they need two heels outside of Orton to fill that role. I'm also predicting we're getting Bork vs. Batista at the chamber for the number 1 contendership spot, unless Bork is in the Chamber.

Can Batista lose before Mania?

My ideal situation is Orton loses the title to Cena at Chamber. This pisses off Batista because he wants Orton at Mania, so he puts his #1 contender spot up for grabs (putting him over as a babyface), and Bryan wins it, setting up Batista/Orton non title and Cena/Bryan for the title.

I know Batista just said he doesn't care if the champ is Orton/Cena/Bryan at Mania but that was last week who gives a shit people forget

Hasney

Ahaha, all the effort of putting those spoilers behind spoiler tags and it's just "Hey guys, Cesaro's in the chamber". Since Smackdown was getting the Christian bump from me, would have been nice to be surprised, but who gives a fuck? If Bryan and Cesaro start the chamber then hnnnnnnnngggg.

Hasney

Bryan should be in first regardless via having the authority make sure he is. They can claim they were just giving some exposure to the lesser player in the match as a favour to him.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I've never heard of the show, but apparently, Supernatural just had a WWE reference, and because I'm posting it, you know it's a Kane reference.

Dean (one of the characters) goes: A gift from Kane, and the other character, Sam, says, "Like, the wrestler?"

That's right, you fucks, KANE IS FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POP CULTURE!!!! MAINSTREAM!!!!!!

Ithil

Ok....Smackdown just had
Shield vs Wyatts announced for EC, Cesaro in the Chamber, and Titus O Neil just turned heel and broke up the PTP

That's a lot to happen for a Smackdown...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ok....Smackdown just had
Shield vs Wyatts announced for EC, Cesaro in the Chamber, and Titus O Neil just turned heel and broke up the PTP

That's a lot to happen for a Smackdown...

That IS a lot. Shit, do I have to watch SD now?

mouserat

Neo Member
I've never heard of the show, but apparently, Supernatural just had a WWE reference, and because I'm posting it, you know it's a Kane reference.

Dean (one of the characters) goes: A gift from Kane, and the other character, Sam, says, "Like, the wrestler?"

That's right, you fucks, KANE IS FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POP CULTURE!!!! MAINSTREAM!!!!!!

SoulPlaya I will never understand your undying love for Kane but long may it continue, I would enjoy lurking every day on this board and posting twice a month much more if everyone would just pick any one wrestler and swear blind allegiance like you, Shark Johnson and Aiii to Kane, Christian and AJ respectively, gives the thread more flavour.

Hasney

Lol @ "Christian bump".

Hey, Shark Johnson and I watching a show is a legitimate bump. LEGITIMATE I SAY.

If this Smackdown gets better ratings because of the spoilers making this Smackdown seem like a big deal, Christian should get all the credit and then qualify for the Chamber.

Top Bottom