• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Ok, yeah, so this match is pretty awesome;

Super Tiger vs Marty Jones - (UWF 03/02/1985)

Satoru Sayama, Super Tiger, The Original Tiger Mask, whatever you want to call him, takes on British mat wrestling genius Marty Jones. This one's just a no-nonsense wrestling contest, some kick ass technique from both men, vicious strikes and a good story, with Marty doing his best to avoid Sayama's lethal kicks and Sayama trying to out-wrestle the British technician. Kinda goofy Tombstone for the finish, but don't let that stop you watching this kick ass match.

Also, looking through my ROH collection for a show to watch I stumbled across this promo from the end of Reborn Part 2. One of my favourite Punk moments, the look on his face, lol;

i3bocyrFK3lPo.gif

Really sucks that WWE had all 3 members of the Second City Saints employed at the same time and never did anything with them. Colt & Crazy Ace Steel deserved to be on TV, damnit!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hating on The Rock is the most hipster IWC nerd thing possible.

The Rock is one of the best ever to be in WWE, this is not in dispute.

That doesn't mean his three-year project to pass the torch to Cena wasn't awful.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hating on The Rock is the most hipster IWC nerd thing possible.

Not really? Rock used to be my favorite wrestler but he's just old and not in great wrestling shape now, his jokes are ridiculously corny in the PG era and they never really book him right because the only guy even close to being on his level name wise is Cena. It'd be great if they used him in interesting angles with younger guys but the WWE doesn't want to waste his cache with anybody other than their already established stars.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Stone Cold was a better heel than Rock and a better face. I guess Rock's better at knowing Hollywood people.

DMczaf

Stone Cold was a better heel than Rock and a better face. I guess Rock's better at knowing Hollywood people.

1996 Stone Cold was an awesome heel.

The asshole who gave us the What chant is the worst god damn heel and person to have ever lived.

DMczaf

Not really? Rock used to be my favorite wrestler but he's just old and not in great wrestling shape now, his jokes are ridiculously corny in the PG era and they never really book him right because the only guy even close to being on his level name wise is Cena. It'd be great if they used him in interesting angles with younger guys but the WWE doesn't want to waste his cache with anybody other than their already established stars.

I thought the Punk program was going to be that moment where someone finally challenges him to step his game up, especially after that "arms are too short to box with god" line. And then punk goes down to a god damn elbow because TWICE IN A LIFETIME!

G-Fex

I don't think I ever liked The Rock. Austin was always better.

I like Barret, I remember that one time it looked like he killed Orton by knocking him down the stairs.

Penguin

1996 Stone Cold was an awesome heel.

The asshole who gave us the What chant is the worst god damn heel and person to have ever lived.

What?
He was an amazing heel
WHAT?
He had such fun feuds
WHAT!?
And was made to look weak while also strong
WHAT?
It was such a shame buried in the alliance angle
WHAT?
WHAT!
WHAT
WHAT

Striker

Rock's one of my favorite heels ever, but he's a terrible face
How many good faces can you truly name? Jericho, Austin, Angle, Rock, uh, Eddie I guess? Though every one of those guys also do heels much better. WWE brand faces for the most part stink.

I thought the Punk program was going to be that moment where someone finally challenges him to step his game up, especially after that "arms are too short to box with god" line. And then punk goes down to a god damn elbow because TWICE IN A LIFETIME!

Yes, damn the WWE for booking the match that'll draw money. Rock-Punk went exactly like it should've had. The arrogant heel champion getting his comeuppance from the old-time star coming back for one last run.

RBH

In the latest episode of "Talk is Jericho", Chris Jericho was joined via telephone by Adam Copeland - better known as Edge to WWE fans. The fellow Canadians cover a wide-range of topics in the two part podcast, including Edge's start in the business, his partnership with childhood friend Christian and Vince McMahon's support of the Ultimate Opportunist's first WWE championship reign.

Of particular interest is a discussion the two legends have about the main event of SummerSlam 2010. As you may recall, the white hot Nexus stable headed into the pay-per-view (PPV) against Cena and his mix of faces, heels and the surprise return of Daniel Bryan in a seven-on-seven elimination tag. The match ended when John took out Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett.

Jericho: It was WWE Team vs. Team Nexus...and the finish boiled down to you [Edge] and me [Jericho] were in there, but it was Cena against a couple of them. John wanted to do things a certain way and we told him 'you're wrong'. Remember that? And he did it anyways, and it sucked. And then afterwards he came over to us and said 'I should have listened to you, but I wasn't seeing it that way. And sometimes you just don't see it that way, you know?

Edge: It's one of those things...where he was adamant about what he wanted to do. And I remember, I was like, 'fine, I'm out of the match by that point'.

Jericho: [Laughs] Exactly. He wanted to get DDT'd on the floor by Barrett, then kick out and beat them both. And you and I were like, 'that's the dumbest thing. That's just throwing it away for no reason'.

Edge: They should have gone over because they were so hot.

Jericho: We were fighting for Barrett to go over. And, in all fairness, where's Wade Barrett now? They should have listened to us.
http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...john-cena-kill-the-nexus-edge-jericho-podcast

379913_10151064794920648_695430647_22217282_2041169830_nA.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
is it just me or his promo work in 2013 consisted of him rambling about inane shit till the point he says he's going to kick someone's ass?

All of heel Punk with title was him jutting his chin out and going GRR

the same thing people used to mock heel HHH for.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tazz was robbed of gif of the year. No one will be using vincewatchingwbf.gif years from now. I'll still be using tazzheelturnsoproudofhimself.gif in 20 years

DMczaf

Don't worry, I'm sure some Sony fanboy will hijack that gif and put Cerny's head in there somewhere and kill all the humor of it.

G-Fex

Don't worry, I'm sure some Sony fanboy will hijack that gif and put Cerny's head in there somewhere and kill all the humor of it.

nah they'll probably put a PS4 or xbox wan label on the back of the jacket.

Gaming side you're so brilliant

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So on the front page there is DOES TRIPLE H HAVE BIG PLANS FOR BATISTA

It's not about Batista

DOES TRIPLE H have big plans for batista

Catching up on the last week or so of wrestling, both Rollins/Cena and Naito/Tanahashi vs Okada/Nakamura were both so good.

And please, WWE, give me Reigns/Langston, PLEASE

Okay that's just hilarious.

Cena-I want to no sell a DDT to concrete and destroy an entire stable by myself.

Everyone- You're a fucking idiot

Cena-I don't care I'm doing it anyway

I totally believe that.

I wasn't aware John Cena was head booker. And think there's no possibility that Edge & Jericho are playing to their audience. I bet we'll hear Dolph Ziggler thought Bryan should've stayed as champion in a couple years when he's future endeavored.

Top Bottom