• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're looking for another shitty movie to review once you're done with The Chaperone and you want to keep the Yeardley Smith theme going, might I suggest the following...

toyz0039391wv.5007.jpg

That's right. It's Maximum Overdrive.
If you thought the Bret Hart vs. Box feud was riveting, just wait until you witness a vending machine kill some kids.

maximum_overdrive_soda_machine-120292.gif

Maximum Overdrive is awesome.

Poor AJ had her dreams of being a Mortal Kombat-esque game dashed by marrying Punk.

That would have been a slam dunk idea, she loves games, games people love shills, she could be on Twitter 24/7 pimping that shitty F2P game.

Freck's just being smart with his account. Dude doesn't want to get banned. We should all learn from his example.

Yeah it would be awful if Freck got banned. So awful.
Totally typed awesome instead of awful, weird freudian slip :/
Just playin Freck!

NXT is now doing match breakdowns with winner of the matches. Treating it like a sporting event. First is Finn Balor talking about his match with Kidd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj2bEghvwrU#t=67

Vince will be furious when he finds out about these 'sport' styled videos. Damn viewers might think they are like UFC or boxing or some shit.
That ain't right.

A trust fund...for a cat?

That's the right thing to do stro and you know it. That cat earned it's money, would hate for it to become another washed up feline making art out of pizza because it's owners spent all it's cash before it came of age :(

strobogo

Banned
Joey Ryan would not have a career if he wasn't part owner/booker of a promotion. He's bad at everything you can be bad at in wrestling. His only talent is his strong body hair game.

tm24

Hey, tm, just letting you know that Ultimo Guerrero was awesome in Japan. Again. Also, Gran Guerrero was pretty good, too. Loved this pump-handle ace crusher and fully expect a bunch of indie dudes to steal it;

QBkuOo8.gif

Here's how i know you're lying. You said Gran Guerrero was good. Or someone else is under the Gran Guerrero mask.

Also, saw the UG match, it's an UG match.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This is the fucking woooooooooooorst. They went from trying to make him some legit badass to LITERALLY John Cena Lite.

v1J615.gif

It feels like they're throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks, what kind of promos he's comfortable with. To be honest, he does look more relaxed and natural with these cheesy Cena/Rock style promos than the tough guy, badass material.

I'd honestly be surprised if he won the Rumble over Bryan at this point. His booking doesn't really seem to be headed that way at all.

It feels like they're throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks, what kind of promos he's comfortable with. To be honest, he does look more relaxed and natural with these cheesy Cena/Rock style promos than the tough guy, badass material.

I'd honestly be surprised if he won the Rumble over Bryan at this point. His booking doesn't really seem to be headed that way at all.
SWERVE

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I...I still believe in the Roman Empire. It will still be good! IT WILL, I SWEAR.

*rocking back and forth*
The Roman Empire wasn't built in a day.

So Daniel Brie can do his ring around the rosebuds or whatever it is he does, but Rains has a pocket full of BOOM! Superman punches. Ashes, ashes he will fall down.

Aiii

So not worth it
And it was so easy to book Reigns, book the guy like Goldberg.

5-minute squashes all the time for a year, all they had to do. Hardly any selling for other people, no restholds, just powermoves, superman punch, spear, powerbomb and a pinfall victory.

Done.

Hell, should have ended the Shield after last years Rumble, put the IC Title on him at Mania last year and he would have been ready to win the Rumble and title as one of the hottest stars they had in ages.

But WWE has to have their 15-minute long promo's and what not. They couldn't even book Goldberg as Goldberg when they brought him in, so it's not really surprising.

rrc1594

5-minute squashes all the time for a year, all they had to do. Hardly any selling for other people, no restholds, just powermoves, superman punch, spear, powerbomb and a pinfall victory.

Done.

Hell, should have ended the Shield after last years Rumble, put the IC Title on him at Mania last year and he would have been ready to win the Rumble and title as one of the hottest stars they had in ages.

But WWE has to have their 15-minute long promo's and what not. They couldn't even book Goldberg as Goldberg when they brought him in, so it's not really surprising.

WWE(
Vince
) doesn't know how to handle their talent.

Done.

That's how they've booked Baron Corbin though, can't have 2 guys on the roster with that gimmick!

UberTag

I have just heard Clurt Bayer saying that Kevin Dunn is not a fan of NXT.

Of course that idiot doesn't like it.
NXT has too much focus on wrestling, not enough entertainment, not enough promos, too much emphasis on titles and diva matches that last longer than 2 minutes that don't end in roll-ups. Plus, no Michael Cole on commentary and no Vince McMahon chirping into headsets and rewriting booking at the last minute. It also needs to be 3 times longer each week. And have more dancing black men.

Clearly Kevin realizes NXT is the inferior program.

Here's how i know you're lying. You said Gran Guerrero was good. Or someone else is under the Gran Guerrero mask.

Also, saw the UG match, it's an UG match.

Well, Gran didn't really have much to do, but of what he did do I thought he was pretty good - Ultimo busted his ass in the middle of that match, I liked his headstand senton thing and top-rope facebuster, then he went over the top-turnbuckle all the way to the floor after Atlantis whipped him hard into the ropes. Also, the crowd seemed way into the Guerreros, more than anyone else except La Sombra.

pWIBiri.gif

tm24

Well, Gran didn't really have much to do, but of what he did do I thought he was pretty good - Ultimo busted his ass in the middle of that match, I liked his headstand senton thing and top-rope facebuster, then he went over the top-turnbuckle all the way to the floor after Atlantis whipped him hard into the ropes. Also, the crowd seemed way into the Guerreros, more than anyone else except La Sombra.

pWIBiri.gif

OH yeah, Gran Guerrero can do like maybe 4 spots, but man, him in a ring is real rough.

But yeah, you just described every UG match. It's his thing. Japan hardly sees his thing. Makes things livelier and fresh in front a new crowd. I love the back row in the very corner of the gif raising the roof with the Guerreros

Just counting down til we get Sombra beating the shit out of Mascara Dorada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom