• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaturdayNFever

Neo Member
You're wrong about pretty much all of that. Bryan/Cena was excellent. Brock/Rey, Brock/Benoit, Brock/Eddie, and so on were great despite the huge size differences. Bret/Diesel matches were great despite the size difference. Bryan/Morishima was great despite the size difference. Brock vs Punk was great despite the size difference.

Brock is an elite grappler and to say he wouldn't work doing "wrestling" stuff with Bryan is ludicrous. Big man vs little man is like...the second most successful story in wrestling besides patriot vs evil foreigner.

Daniel Bryan is about 200lbs billed at 210, stands 5' 9" billed at 5' 10"

Benoit was 40lbs heavier, about 2 inches taller and just fit the bill better.

Rey Lesnar, SUCKED

Eddie Lesnar wasnt too bad also.

Have to disagree on Punk and Lesnar, to be honest just glad Punk is gone.

Toki767

I agree, that match was pretty silly.

Listen guys, just my opinion, not really hating on the fact a smaller guy in real life cant stomp on a big dude, but Brock has a legitimate background that EVERYONE knows and it just doesnt work well having him fight small guys, IN MY OPINION,not at this stage at least.

It cant be denied Rollins and Bryan could put on a much better match and built it up better too!!

Bryan trained at Randy Couture's gym. It's not like the guy doesn't know MMA either.

Also, Benoit was billed at 5'11, but most people say he was 5'9 or 5'10 at the most.

imBask

Banned
TIDJK.gif

even with his size, I still think Brock could beat Big Show in a shoot fight

Brock was the UFC World Heavyweight Champion, he can go... not so sure about Show

Ithil

Rey Lesnar, SUCKED

Bigger makes you a better fighter!

Sephzilla

I agree.

The sad part is that a small guy beating up a big guy isn't even unheard of in actual fights.

Case in point: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royce_Gracie

"He holds the most consecutive submission victories in UFC history with 11, which he earned between UFC 1 and UFC 4."

"he was the tournament winner of UFC 1, UFC 2, UFC 4, and fought to a draw with Ken Shamrock in the championship match in the Superfight at UFC 5"

Royce Gracie was only six feet tall and less than 180 pounds.

SaturdayNFever, what are you doing?

You guys are blowing my mind right now honestly.

Rollins is a complete joke kayfabe-wise, only Ambrose is maybe more of a loser in the realm of people that should be taken seriously but aren't. He could cash in, have J&J accidentally fuck it up for him, and he's completely free of blame.

Rey Lesnar, SUCKED

In your 30 years of watching wrestling, what matches do you consider to be great?

strobogo

Banned

Rey Lesnar, SUCKED

You have weird taste and I have no idea how you've ever been able to watch wrestling, because there have been so many legitimate athletes that would crush everyone in a real fight that never did dick all in pro wrestling. If you're applying that kind of logic to wrestling, I can't see how you've ever been able to enjoy it.

And an example from Brock in real fighting: He lost to two dudes smaller than him in the UFC, one by submission and one by TKO.

Cagey

Banned
Bryan and Brock will be an entertaining match. It will also look ridiculous. That's a problem with Brock, not with Bryan.

Brock's size/athleticism and (more importantly) pedigree as an actual fighter makes most of his recent fights where he doesn't murder someone seem really dumb.

SaturdayNFever

Neo Member
I agree.

The sad part is that a small guy beating up a big guy isn't even unheard of in actual fights.

Case in point: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royce_Gracie

Im sorry but when you bring in a guy that now has multiple legit titles (REAL TITLES), the believablity stakes go up, maybe not for us types but for a guy just turning it on, or kid that used to watch UFC and watched brock and knows that WWE isnt real (because his mom tells him) then when Bryan is stomping on Lesnar the believability factor should be more taken care of, at least when it comes to Lesnar.

DO I think a big slow giant can get beat down by Bryan sure, but Lesnar is just an athletic freak, I just want to see WWE use him for the universes best, as well as all the talen they have thats all.

It is fake, but whats wrong with attmepting to provide some realism in place of long shot fantasy?

Ithil

Im sorry but when you bring in a guy that now has multiple legit titles (REAL TITLES), the believablity stakes go up, maybe not for us types but for a guy just turning it on, or kid that used to watch UFC and watched brock and knows that WWE isnt real (because his mom tells him) then when Bryan is stomping on Lesnar the believability factor should be more taken care of, at least when it comes to Lesnar.

DO I think a big slow giant can get beat down by Bryan sure, but Lesnar is just an athletic freak, I just want to see WWE use him for the universes best, as well as all the talen they have thats all.

It is fake, but whats wrong with attmepting to provide some realism in place of long shot fantasy?

Who should beat Lesnar then?

Cagey

Banned
Though I do appreciate the new guy walking into the thread on day one and swatting the DBeehive with a stick.

He wants the brass ring.

In your 30 years of watching wrestling, what matches do you consider to be great?

Though I do appreciate the new guy walking into the thread on day one and swatting the DBeehive with a stick.

He wants the brass ring.

1SpcZCY.gif

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

Because an invincible superman over a prolonged period of time is a boring story. The giant exists exclusively to be slain.

Wrestling is also a tv show/movie/whatever, just framed like a sport. What is a better story, the man who beats everybody, or the man who beats everybody but then gets beaten by the one guy no one thought could actually beat him?

jmdajr

The match just needs to be fun. It just has to follow the laws of pro wrestling physics not real fighting.

You know. Have a no DQ match where Brock gets cocky and lets his guards down. Not too different from Punk and Brock.

It's not like Hulk Hogan could really beat Andre. Can't over think this shit.

Heel

Don't let these marks run you off, SaturdayNFever. I'm with you 100%. Lil' Danny Bryan beating highly-decorated collegiate athlete and super heavyweight shootfighter Brock Lesnar is WCW levels of fuckery, and should be equated to David Arquette winning the world heavyweight title when it comes to shattering any suspension of disbelief.

imBask

Banned
Don't let these marks run you off, SaturdayNFever. I'm with you 100%. Lil' Danny Bryan beating highly-decorated collegiate athlete and super heavyweight shootfighter Brock Lesnar is WCW levels of fuckery, and should be equated to David Arquette winning the world heavyweight title when it comes to shattering any suspension of disbelief.

what a heel

jmdajr

The guy wasn't even a wrestler. At least to me that was the biggest issue. If he was out there doing a 450 splash it be different.

Toki767

It'd be even worse when Reigns beats Lesnar with a punch when in real life, Lesnar has never been knocked out.

It wouldn't be unbelievable to think that Bryan could make Lesnar tap though. Especially since Lesnar's done it before in UFC fights.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's just hard to take Bryan seriously because he looks like such a weenie. Talent notwithstanding, he looks like he'd have a hard time killing a spider in his home. I know he's talented, and I know he can do great things, but at first blush, he looks like he is weak. That's all.

Honestly, I do like Bryan a great deal. Paired with the right person he can look fantastic, and I have no doubt Brock would make him look like a million bucks, so I'm not worried about that at all. Remember those Ryback strikes? Looked great.

Kacho

Gold Member
It kills me that they aren't using Kevin Owens more in NXT but I guess they're trying to keep up the excitement surrounding him.

strobogo

Banned

You know. You've convinced me. Little Danny Boy beating the true genetic freak of Brock Lesnar, especially coming off of a neck injury? Ridiculous. You see, I could believe HHH reversing the kimura, sweeping, and then applying his own. HHH is a very large man and work out freak. Bryan looks like an extra in a Mumford and Sons video. PPV numbers have been tanking for years. Who is going to buy your biggest show of the year based on:

rs_640x640-140429093926-hipster_perfect.jpg

vs

Brock-Lesnar-wwe-32305278-1133-972.png

I'm with friend Heel on this one.

Xater

It's just hard to take Bryan seriously because he looks like such a weenie. Talent notwithstanding, he looks like he'd have a hard time killing a spider in his home. I know he's talented, and I know he can do great things, but at first blush, he looks like he is weak. That's all.

Honestly, I do like Bryan a great deal. Paired with the right person he can look fantastic, and I have no doubt Brock would make him look like a million bucks, so I'm not worried about that at all. Remember those Ryback strikes? Looked great.

Just becuause he doesn't look roided up doesn't mean he looks like weenie Sunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom