• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
It's just hard to take Bryan seriously because he looks like such a weenie. Talent notwithstanding, he looks like he'd have a hard time killing a spider in his home. I know he's talented, and I know he can do great things, but at first blush, he looks like he is weak. That's all.

Honestly, I do like Bryan a great deal. Paired with the right person he can look fantastic, and I have no doubt Brock would make him look like a million bucks, so I'm not worried about that at all. Remember those Ryback strikes? Looked great.

But remember, Daniel Bryan is also the guy who caught a burglar who broke into his house.

WITH A BROKEN FREAKING NECK!!!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Rollins is a complete joke kayfabe-wise, only Ambrose is maybe more of a loser in the realm of people that should be taken seriously but aren't. He could cash in, have J&J accidentally fuck it up for him, and he's completely free of blame.

This is being overstated, probably based on that ridiculous match with Cena this week, but Rollins is one of the few heels who wins more often than not in WWE. Only Rusev and Lesnar win more and they essentially have gimmicks that evolve around being undefeated.

Having Rollins take 6 solid months of losses despite still having everything in his favor isn't consistent with his booking at all. Please do remember this conversation when Seth is a comedy jobber by this time next year though.

I can't abide by that outfit.

This is being overstated, probably based on that ridiculous match with Cena this week, but Rollins is one of the few heels who wins more often than not in WWE. Only Rusev and Lesnar win more and they essentially have gimmicks that evolve around being undefeated.

Having Rollins take 6 solid months of losses despite still having everything in his favor isn't consistent with his booking at all. Please do remember this conversation when Seth is a comedy jobber by this time next year though.

Remember this conversation when Rollins is a babyface by SummerSlam.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But remember, Daniel Bryan is also the guy who caught a burglar who broke into his house.

WITH A BROKEN FREAKING NECK!!!

Well the burglar's mugshot isn't really all that impressive.

NsmYwtP.jpg

Hideo Itami? The guy the Ascension beat up? Call me when there's something impressive going on and not Bryan vs NXT developmental talent

god I love that match

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It'd be even worse when Reigns beats Lesnar with a punch when in real life, Lesnar has never been knocked out.

It wouldn't be unbelievable to think that Bryan could make Lesnar tap though. Especially since Lesnar's done it before in UFC fights.

He has more TKO losses than Sub, friend. Everyone knows Brock folds when the punches start flying.

cain-velasquez-brock-lesnar.gif

It's amazing reading arguments that Sting vs Taker would be great because "spectacle", but that Lesnar vs Bryan would be "unbelievable" coming from the same fucking people.

Heel

Good guy Brock is going to make Bryan look awesome. I have no doubt.

Brock isn't a mark for himself and will let the business embarrass themselves as he rides off into the sunset, having successfully played both sides of sports entertainment for yet another lucrative shootfighting contract.

Had his neck squeezed by a 300 pound man until he turned a shade or purple and didn't tap, yet will likely succumb to the "Yes Lock" at the hands of Daniel Mumford.

SaturdayNFever

Neo Member
I don't care, it is whatever you want it to be. I just would like to know what matches are your favorites.

Fueds:

Stone Cold and Vince
I loved the Midnight Express and Rock n Roll Express fueds and matches to be honest!!!
Ricky Morton and Flair
Sting vs. Flair good fued, good matches
Hogan vs Macho
Rude vs Snake

Matches: not in any order

Dragon vs. Macho
Hart vs. Micheals
Malenko vs Benoit (Awesome)
Jeff Hardy vs Edge
Rude vs Snake
Rhodes vs Flair (Cage Match)

(More recent)

HHH vs Taker (Awesome)
Stone Cold vs Rock (Awesome)

On just entertainment factor and Holy Crap!!!

Angle vs Shane

Best ring managers: In order (my opinion)

Jim Cornet
Bobby the Brain (may be a tie between Cornet)
Heyman
Fuji
Honorable mention: Slick Rick

There are way too many to list as I think about it, but I have my favs as we all do, I loved the NWA days, loved 4 horsemen, road warriors, roniie garvin, free birds, but I also love WWF and Hogan too, who cant!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Ref stoppage isn't the same as a knock out.

I said TKO, friend.

If we're still talking about believability, Bryan outgrappling Lesnar would be lulz worthy. Brock is a fantastic grappler and twice his size. This isn't Royce Gracie versus some 300lb guy pulled out of a bar.

Heel

I said TKO, friend.

If we're still talking about believability, Bryan outgrappling Lesnar would be lulz worthy. Brock is a fantastic grappler and twice his size. This isn't Royce Gracie versus some 300lb guy pulled out of a bar.

They should play up the "Gracie Jiu Jitsu is designed for the smaller, more skilled man to beat the much larger man!" angle. Give him some training montages with Royce whispering in his ear. "Believe in your Joo Jeez, my fren..."

strobogo

Banned
LOL

Bryan vs Brock is totally unbelievable because Brock is a legit wrestler and legit fighter and Bryan is little and not legit.

One of my favorite matches is real life Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle vs non-athlete, non wrestler Shane McMahon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They should play up the "Gracie Jiu Jitsu is designed for the smaller, more skilled man to beat the much larger man!" angle. Give him some training montages with Royce whispering in his ear. "Believe in your Joo Jeez, my fren..."

XKjAX9w.jpg

SaturdayNFever

Neo Member
LOL

Bryan vs Brock is totally unbelievable because Brock is a legit wrestler and legit fighter and Bryan is little and not legit.

One of my favorite matches is real life Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle vs non-athlete, non wrestler Shane McMahon.

I just thought that match had a serious wow factor, you saying youd take an ass whooping like shane did?

Just saying purely on entertainment value that was a sick match.

jmdajr

Brock isn't a mark for himself and will let the business embarrass themselves as he rides off into the sunset, having successfully played both sides of sports entertainment for yet another lucrative shootfighting contract.

Had his neck squeezed by a 300 pound man until he turned a shade or purple and didn't tap, yet will likely succumb to the "Yes Lock" at the hands of Daniel Mumford.

Nah. I wouldn't book that finish. It won't end like that.

SaturdayNFever

Neo Member
LOL

OKAY OKAY, you all may have seen some holes in my debate, so to be blunt, I just dont like Bryan, and I like Lesnar.

strobogo

Banned
I just thought that match had a serious wow factor, you saying youd take an ass whooping like shane did?

Just saying purely on entertainment value that was a sick match.

So what if Brock/Bryan is super entertaining and sick? There is no way Shane should have lasted 3 minutes against Angle in a match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't for the life of me find the avocado + fun and playful wedding invite image. Heel, any help?

Rookie wrestlegaffer SaturdayNFever seems to have good work rate but his style of running back and forth between hot takes is going to burn him out fast

Sephzilla

SaturdayNFever reached for that brass ring and instantly became one of the top heels of WrassleGAF for going against the almighty Daniel Bryan

Welcome to WrassleGAF! :)

But really though, Hart/Michaels isn't even the best Bret Hart feud. Bret Hart's prime was against this guy

3bgm4zB.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Nah. I wouldn't book that finish. It won't end like that.

I think someone said it earlier but Bryan using speed and wits to slowly chop down Brock with strikes before shoving his knee down Lesnar's throat is the way to book that match. Bryan's striking actually looks legit compared to the garbage we see in wrestling from guys like Cena.

If they go in there and book some faux MMA garbage ala Samoa Joe/Kurt Angle, I'll laugh my ass off.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you! I've been dying to Rener-gize lately but I needed the fact sheet.

SaturdayNFever

Neo Member
So what if Brock/Bryan is super entertaining and sick? There is no way Shane should have lasted 3 minutes against Angle in a match.

LOL, Id love watching Brock suplex Bryan through the non-saftey glass over and over.

Yeah, Id go with that, let the match be a no holds barred match like Angle and Shane and you know what......

You might just have an addtion to all time greats there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom