• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
WWE does the poorest job of utilizing Legends on the show. They turn them into Carny acts, that usually take away from their nostalgia.

The only time they actually done legends right was the old school raw last year. One of the best episodes of Raw I have ever seen. I marked out til the cows came home. Especially with Jake the Snake coming out of nowhere and putting a snake on Dean Ambrose. I wish he would have gave him the DDT though :(

Man, I'd just feel bad watching Taker's old flabby ass get knocked around another year in a row. Bray just needs to kick his walker from under him and go for the pin at this point.

UberTag

The only time they actually done legends right was the old school raw last year. One of the best episodes of Raw I have ever seen. I marked out til the cows came home. Especially with Jake the Snake coming out of nowhere and putting a snake on Dean Ambrose. I wish he would have gave him the DDT though :(
RAW_1076_Photo_296.jpg

RP912

Banned
Man, I'd just feel bad watching Taker's old flabby ass get knocked around another year in a row. Bray just needs to kick his walker from under him and go for the pin at this point.

lol you know damn well Taker has to look strong. Bray will be flopping all over the arena like a lifeless fish to taker's flimsy old man love taps called throw thrusts.

imBask

Banned

didn't Jake get next to no pop?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I been thinking. I think if Undertaker has his last match at WM 32, I think it should be with Kane. Both of them retire after. What say you GAF?

Not happening as long as Vince can use Undertaker to mooch more buys. He doesn't care what happens to Taker's health and he can still use Kane for a quick 'established' pop.
Of course. The crowd was so conditioned by the same old crap. God forbid the audience recognize a true legend that's not friggin Hogan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7B978XGjpw

The man is recognized

It was nice how he lived his last years without trying to get back into the spotlight and make futile attempts to relive his glory days, unlike some jack-offs.

Randy-Savage-May-2010-wedding.jpg

John+Cena+Hulk+Hogan+2005+Teen+Choice+Awards+sB0X8dabQ-Jl.jpg

Nah, but those same jack-offs are going to talk about him tonight and use him to get some cheap pops. It still baffles me that they had fucking Hogan talk about him like they were best buds.

RP912

Banned
Because they turn them into jokes, Tony Atlas laughing as an example. This man was feared many years ago.

Smh yeah. WWE likes to treat wrestling like a Seinfield punchline. There's one thing of being FnP and another where you are running shit in the ground.

MoosiferX

Any of you dudes ever purchase anything from Yottsume's Puroresushop.com? I placed a pretty sizable order at the start of the month and followed it up with an e-mail and haven't heard or seen anything since I got the initial order confirmations. I'm just a little scared since it was quite a bit of monies. ; ;

I've always heard good things about Yottsume and dig his translation work, I'm just getting a bit nervous.

UberTag

And then when they tapped him to do the WWE All-Stars promo, he did it and was a complete natural, like he never left the carny world of wrestling. Completely gawdlike.
Man that promo was amazing. Macho doing a promo like its 89 all over again.
Imagine how epic Savage's hall of fame induction speech would have been had they done it 4 years ago?
Now we just get to listen to Hogan blather on.

Any of you dudes ever purchase anything from Yottsume's Puroresushop.com? I placed a pretty sizable order at the start of the month and followed it up with an e-mail and haven't heard or seen anything since I got the initial order confirmations. I'm just a little scared since it was quite a bit of monies. ; ;

I've always heard good things about Yottsume and dig his translation work, I'm just getting a bit nervous.

You're fine. It takes a while to ship from Japan, you know.

If you're really worried, hit him up on Twitter.

Also, what's this about Kimber Lee doing a gofundme for stuff?

Man that promo was amazing. Macho doing a promo like its 89 all over again.

I remember there was an urban legend of someone meeting Macho Man in a 7-11 in Florida around the mid-2000s. He looked at him, then Randy saw a display of Slim Jims on the counter, Randy looked back at the guy, then without skipping a beat he said "SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM, OHHH YEEEAH" and left. The cashier said "well he's never done THAT before." The guy wrote that it was one of the greatest coincidences he had ever experienced.

You're fine. Check the faq. Part of why it's so reasonable is it takes a few weeks to process orders. I'd say WK probably set everything back a week too. http://puroresushop.com/pages/faq

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I watched one of Savage's promos from when he was feuding with Krush, and I could already tell by then it didn't work. The random 'yeahs' felt so out of place by 95 and with his character wearing relatively normal clothes.

Didn't work at all to me.

RP912

Banned
Imagine how epic Savage's hall of fame induction speech would have been had they done it 4 years ago?
Now we just get to listen to Hogan blather on.

It's unfortunate. I hope the smarks from last year's ceremony bombard his rambling with chants.

Thanks man, I am glad I am not the only one this bothers. they should be looked at as gods, myths.

It should be that way. Imagine if WWE had Antonio Inoki dancing with Santino on Raw or Harley Race doing a stupid segment with the Miz. It's sacrilege.

I remember there was an urban legend of someone meeting Macho Man in a 7-11 in Florida around the mid-2000s. He looked at him, then Randy saw a display of Slim Jims on the counter, Randy looked back at the guy, then without skipping a beat he said "SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM, OHHH YEEEAH" and left. The cashier said "well he's never done THAT before." The guy wrote that it was one of the greatest coincidences he had ever experienced.

some godlike shit right there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sorry to say, but I'm firmly in the camp that once you retired, you shouldn't be booked like a 'god'. Like wrestling has always been, you should be there to put the next batch of young guys over to keep the product going if you're no longer going to be wrestling. I was glad Hogan got killed by Brock. I was glad Lita went out jobbing to Mickie unlike Trish who had to go over because of her ego. I was glad even Jamie Noble went out putting somebody else over. Even HBK was putting over someone who was, sadly, still wrestling. As long as they're still contributing then it's fine but when you're done, you don't need to be treated special anymore because your past events will always be there for fans to enjoy. They won't go 'man remember how he went out like a punk bitch?' No, they'll remember that legend winning the title regardless of what they did. Caring what happens to them when they're done with wrestling and done with kayfabe is marky as hell.

I'll even be this sacrilegious as someone who like puroresu. I would have loved Inoki to slap some young heel dude and the young heel dude beat the piss out of him for it. Legend or not. Fuck protecting your old ass.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sorry to say, but I'm firmly in the camp that once you retired, you shouldn't be booked like a 'god'. Like wrestling has always been, you should be there to put the next batch of young guys over to keep the product going if you're no longer going to be wrestling. I was glad Hogan got killed by Brock. I was glad Lita went out jobbing to Mickie unlike Trish who had to go over because of her ego. I was glad even Jamie Noble went out putting somebody else over. Even HBK was putting over someone who was, sadly, still wrestling. As long as they're still contributing then it's fine but when you're done, you don't need to be treated special anymore because your past events will always be there for fans to enjoy. They won't go 'man remember how he went out like a punk bitch?' No, they'll remember that legend winning the title regardless of what they did. Caring what happens to them when they're done with wrestling and done with kayfabe is marky as hell.

I'll even be this sacrilegious as someone who like puroresu. I would have loved Inoki to slap some young heel dude and the young heel dude beat the piss out of him for it. Legend or not. Fuck protecting your old ass.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RVS8cjNN0

RP912

Banned

I somewhat agree with this, but imagine if Ali did a battle rap with Mayweather for lolz. That's against principle because dude paved the way. As far as being an active wrestler that's older, it's etch in stone to put over any and every fucking thing from a young wrestler to coffee mug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom