• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Love this from Meltzer:

So if the ratings are up more than 10% give Daniel Bryan credit. What if the viewership for the first hour or 2 is greater than 10 percent but then people realize he is not there and if falls does he still get credit?

Meltzer is really weird when it comes to ratings for everyone other than Cena.

Mahonay

Banned
The insane thing is that they always have tons of time anyway and just waste it with bullshit. It was almost as if creative forgot to write a show that week or had written material for the wrestlers who were at the house show instead so they just had to wing it, which led to a great show lol
They actually let their talent tell their own stories and show their own personalities. That's what made WWF so great around 98-2002. Let the talent be creative and put their own passion into their characters. Austin has been preaching this nonstop of the past couple years.

I fully expect RAW's usual short/nothing promos from wrestlers that sound like they've been focus grouped to hell and back to return tonight. Interesting storytelling involves too much hard work and risk! It will be as if last week never happened.

1SpcZCY.gif
Oh man i fucking loved this.

So the news from Metsfan is: absolutely fucking nothing.

Cool!

I think somebody on another forum determined he was some writer's assistant or whatever who was fired 6 months ago after working at WWE for two weeks and knows jack squat.

The main thing going out of this news was that Raw tonight is in Corpus Christi.......

And they get the rumored big angle.

New scoops

there is a chance of something possibly happening, but there's a chance it wont.

The Brood entrance is still cool as fuck. Gangrel was shit though.

The theme was pretty amazing as well. Gangrel was so shit, didn't help he had to work with guys like Edge and Christian, then the Hardyz who just completely overshadowed him.

RP912

Banned
Oh shit Raw is in the worst place to have a wrestling show in the world 0_0. That crowd is certified dog shit.

My condolences to those that's watching tonight :(

Toki767

I don't know why they go to Corpus Christi for a Raw taping. You go there for a house show. You go to Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, etc... for Raw.

Mahonay

Banned
If I were a "WWE Superstar" why would I be pulling for Reigns?
Because you're afraid of getting buried if you don't support their storyline decisions.

A lot of people don't seem to speak out against Vince anymore these days, and what you get is what we have now. His crazy shit ways have finally snuffed out any other voices.

EDIT: When I say "Vince" this includes other extensions of him in the back, like Michael Hayes.

Now I imagine the locker room wearing pins to show their allegiance.

It's just funny. If Reigns were ready, where is he going to take the company that Cena hasn't or can't? Or even Rock in his comebacks.

If Bryan is your top guy you're going to work great matches and get put over even in a loss, ideally. Not that it can't be the case for Reigns, but it doesn't look that way.

Doesn't really matter, though, because even if Bryan wins the Rumble and against Brock at Mania you can't stop the inevitable Reigns Train.

The only things I got from this:
I should've bought those 8 nosebleed seats behind the stage
My 5 seats in a row are worth a ton of money
I'm selling them all, even my friend's seats
I'M BUYING IN

Jesus, PROGRESS sold all 700 tickets for Chapter 18 in March in 36 minutes flat, with zero matches or talent announced. Getting tickets is becoming a nerve-racking experience, insane how popular they're becoming.

Anywho, I haven't plugged them for a while, so here's some videos you should watch if you haven't;

PROGRESS Chapter 13; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2coTptmlM full show, featuring that Finn Balor chap you guys are all agog over.
Top 10 PROGRESS Matches; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTOzsm_FQE4
Jimmy Havoc (c) vs Rampage Brown vs Marty Scurll vs El Ligero; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nMjGnkQf9I PROGRESS title match from Chapter 12

g4zttHh.gif

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
How many appearances are they getting out of Sting? It would make some sense for him to be there since The Authority is back. Although I think I read that he'll be at the Rumble, so maybe they save it.

Mahonay

Banned
MetsFan is pulling your fucking leg. What's funny is Reddit believing that shit.

It all basically boils down to "something might happen."
I skimmed it and it reads like him just saying any inane shit now and seeing if Reddit goes along with it. Dude doesn't have any dirt this time. He still came out and made that post anyway because it seems like he loves his newly found internet fame.

Mahonay

Banned
booker t on commentary tonight too so that should be alright
Alright in the way that he's not all their in the head, and just says things that don't make sense half of the time. I'll take that over the relentless and emotionless shilling we usually get every week.

Also random thought. That Nakamura WK9 entrance was my favorite thing since Haitch's WM30 entrance. I stood up out of my seat for that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom