• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Torrie was legit man.

52x8ql0_zpsecd0e63c.gif

It's a shame her only "fun" photoshoot was that airbrushed playboy trash. What a tragedy.

Fucking helllllllllllll.

*bronan.gif*

Cagey

Banned
He's trying to grab the brass ring or alternatively he's just being the only one smart enough to get out of having to use his twitter.

Assuming this hasn't already happened, which smark ass indie is going to be the first to have a brass ring on a pole match.

Alucard

Banned
#RAWlternative

#WatchROH

#NJPWWorld

Do it, GAF. You know you'll only be disappointed otherwise! Two good Raws in a row? No chance in hell.

I'm sadly to say I'm old enough to spend numerous quarters during my elementary/middle school days on super stars, wrestlefest games. I even liked the royal rumble one. The last arcade version
Love wrasslefest. "We snack on danger and dine on death!!" 30 seconds later, both your guys are in red and LOD's about to perform the doomsday device.

somedevil

Wonder what Bryan's new shirt is.

Bryan is now advertised for Raw and Smackdown next week. As for Orton:

We noted before that Randy Orton was out of action and will need minor surgery for a deviated septum. Orton has been pulled from tonight's RAW and isn't scheduled for any WWE events until the Royal Rumble.

So he might not show up till the rumble due to the surgery.

jmdajr

Forbes has published an article noting secondary market tickets to this year’s WWE Royal Rumble PPV eclipsed a $500 average price per ticket on the resale market, making the 2015 Royal Rumble the most expensive professional wrestling event since TiqIQ began tracking the market in 2010.

That Roman Reigns hype!

Alucard

Banned
That Reigns shirt...yikes. If I saw a grown man wearing that I'd bite my bottom lip disapproving and think shitty thoughts.

Forbes has published an article noting secondary market tickets to this year’s WWE Royal Rumble PPV eclipsed a $500 average price per ticket on the resale market, making the 2015 Royal Rumble the most expensive professional wrestling event since TiqIQ began tracking the market in 2010.

That Roman Reigns hype!

I'm sure it was after Bryan announced his entry!

Yeah I except a bunch of reaction gifs, it's what happens when someone opens up about how they feel. I'm depressed. It's a reality I'm dealing with. This isn't the best business to be in to deal with that illness, but whatever. I turned 30 last year and no one cared, no one said Happy Birthday, sent a card or a text. Not even my own family, other than my Wife (and family in-laws). Christmas comes around and same deal; people you think were friends & family, no texts, cards, presents. Even GAF Secret Santa couldn't be bothered to send anything. So fuck it.

Just a whole list of things over the last 12 months has wore me down, man.

- Been trying for 6 months to have a kid
- Completely no sell of my Birthday from nearly everyone I thought I knew (friends & family)
- Same again for Christmas
- Before Christmas someone keyed right down the passenger side of my car
- Boxing Day Suspension goes on the car
- GAF SS not caring to send anything, or PM me to say it'd be late. Or not coming. So sorta just left wondering/hoping that the day will be today.
- Work giving zero fucks about difficulties to travel due to car being broken and no garages being open over the Christmas week

The BronsonLee thing isn't even the real issue here, but it's seemingly opened me up being called a 'fucking prick' for what I thought was little-to-no reason. Just generally fed up, and I honestly mean it when I said I consider this community to be friends. I never get invited to go out, and I don't think it's a nasty thing, I'm generally just not thought about. The irony of this being I portray a masked wrestling on an internet forum... one that seemingly doesn't even want me to post this.

Then you sit there and wonder why should I feel this way when I have what would be my 'dream job' if you asked me 15 years ago what I wanted to do. I own my home. We live comfortably. I'm in relatively 'good health' otherwise. It makes no sense.

Easier to talk to you then it is my own wife about this crap.

Spoilered that crap for people who don't want to read it.

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time dude. Hope things improve for you and some good news/events happen to perk you up.

Been trying for 9 months to have a kid now. Had some bad news days before Christmas which really rocked us (in addition to the whole shitty/no presents thing from family you talked about, which I think becomes more common for husbands in their late 20's onwards).

All caught up with the forums after Wrestle Kingdom. Great show, <3 Nak.

PROGRESS' "trainee" show yesterday was a great time, even Mason Ryan showing up.

The finish for the first match was a Package Meltzer Driver. In-fucking-sane.

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time dude. Hope things improve for you and some good news/events happen to perk you up.

Been trying for 9 months to have a kid now. Had some bad news days before Christmas which really rocked us (in addition to the whole shitty/no presents thing from family you talked about, which I think becomes more common for husbands in their late 20's onwards).

Sorry man, hope it's nothing too bad for you guys :(

Alucard

Banned
Mr. Lucha, really sorry to hear about your 2014.

I have a couple of friends who were trying for a year to have a kid. Turned out the wife had some health issues that were preventing her from being able to have one. They went the surrogate route. It's not for everyone, but it might be an option to consider.

Hope you break out of this, man. Life's not an easy trek, but you shouldn't have to trek it alone in misery.

Mahonay

Banned
Last week was quite good, mostly entertained! Would be impressed if they could somehow do that 2 weeks in a row, my expectations are super duper low. I'll be using this thread to gauge if I should load it up after work. I expect no.

Huh. Maybe they are actually trying for two in a row o_O
RAW being oddly good last week was explained by the fact their roster was split up due to a tight schedule. They were then forced to "fill time" with actual promos and story telling.

I'm fully expecting tonight to get back to being garbage. They've proven to be masters at learning absolutely nothing from well received shows.

somedevil

Last week was quite good, mostly entertained! Would be impressed if they could somehow do that 2 weeks in a row, my expectations are super duper low. I'll be using this thread to gauge if I should load it up after work. I expect no.

Huh. Maybe they are actually trying for two in a row o_O

Well here is not going to be on the show:

Orton, Bryan and Lesnar. Lesnar and Bryan are next week.

Sting could always show up if the rumor of a big angle tonight is going to happen.

Mahonay

Banned

Sting could always show up if the rumor of a big angle tonight is going to happen.
Lack of big names is not what's been wrong with RAW for the past year. It could still be absolutely shit if every one of those names were involved.

Pacing and writing was not total garbage last week. That's all I really want out of them.

Mahonay

Banned
After much deliberation, I have decided to not watch raw tonight, despite the surprisingly bearable RAW last week
Good man. I decided to do that after Survivor Series. Feel pretty good about it. I only watch a show when I hear after the fact that it was decent.

RAW being oddly good last week was explained by the fact their roster was split up due to a tight schedule. They were then forced to "fill time" with actual promos and story telling.

I'm fully expecting tonight to get back to being garbage. They've proven to be masters at learning absolutely nothing from well received shows.
The insane thing is that they always have tons of time anyway and just waste it with bullshit. It was almost as if creative forgot to write a show that week or had written material for the wrestlers who were at the house show instead so they just had to wing it, which led to a great show lol

I was really looking forward to Orton coming back, hope it doesn't clear any kind of program they were looking at for him.

If they can give us a decent Diva match this week I'll be happy. Anything over 5 minutes would be great.

From the Reddit INSIDER; MetsFan4Ever.

News coming out of Corpus Christi, TX today is that many officially heading into WrestleMania season, many superstars are greatly divided on who should actually win the Rumble match. There are many on the side of Roman Reigns and those who are believe he is the future and next John Cena of the company. There are also others that feel Daniel Bryan should be the guy and that if he isn't we will see another disappointing ending to the Rumble match much like last year.
There are officials in the company who believe letting Daniel Bryan win and main event the biggest show of the year is a huge risk considering his past injury history. There are those that feel Bryan truly is a "B" level player and will never be truly at the top of the card because of his past injuries and his long-term future still in question.
I was also told that about 45-minutes ago Triple H held a talent meeting stating that they are not sure who is going to win the Rumble match and main event WrestleMania. He challenged all the Superstars in the next couple of weeks. They will be evaluated and then in a few weeks they will decide who should get the opportunity.

Believe what you want to believe!

somedevil

Love this from Meltzer:

Raw ratings should be up 10% this week just because there is no football competition, so this is the bounce back week. If it doesn't happen, not good. If it does, don't credit it to Daniel Bryan or The Authority being back. If the gain is more than 10%, then you can credit it to last week's show. Next week's Raw goes against the College football No. 1 game with Ohio State vs. Oregon, which usually does more than 20 million viewers, so if that number is down again, it doesn't mean much.

So if the ratings are up more than 10% give Daniel Bryan credit. What if the viewership for the first hour or 2 is greater than 10 percent but then people realize he is not there and if falls does he still get credit?

edit: Didn't that MetsFan4Ever predict a Bella vs Bella cage match in Hell in a Cell?

So the news from Metsfan is: absolutely fucking nothing.

Cool!

I think somebody on another forum determined he was some writer's assistant or whatever who was fired 6 months ago after working at WWE for two weeks and knows jack squat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom