• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Daily Sales: 8/2/04

cvxfreak

1. (GameBoy Advance - Square Enix) Final Fantasy I + II Advance
2. (GameCube - Nintendo) Paper Mario RPG
3. (PlayStation 2 - Konami) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 11
4. (GameBoy Advance - Konami) Power Pro Kun Pocket 1 + 2
5. (PlayStation 2 - Bandai) ONE PIECE Grand Land!
6. (PlayStation 2 - Sammy) Jissen Pachislot: Hitsushouho! Hokutou no Nibushi (Fist of the North Star)
7. (PlayStation 2 - Arika) The Nightmare of Druaga: Fushigi no Dungeon
8. (PlayStation 2 - From Software) Tenchu Kurenai
9. (GameBoy Advance - Tomy) NARUTO -Naruto- Naruto RPG: Uketsugareshi Ichibi no Ishi
10. (PlayStation 2 - Sammy) Guilty Gear Isuka

GDGF

Soothsayer
Nice! Don't diss the Square, the more FF games they sell on the GBA, the more NDS support we'll see :)

(and dammit I want my Final Fantasy 3/6 and Chrono Trigger games with NDS functionality!)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
TheGreenGiant said:
omg.

how many times can the japanese buy the same game. urgh.

Hey, it has the extra dungeon with extra boss fights. That's ore than enough to warrant me buying it.

3. (PlayStation 2 - Konami) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 11
4. (GameBoy Advance - Konami) Power Pro Kun Pocket 1 + 2
Sounds like they're the same series, but why the different name? The GBA one sounds as if it's a port/compilation of earlier games in the series, but that seems a bit odd for a sports title.

cvxfreak

JoshuaJSlone said:
Sounds like they're the same series, but why the different name? The GBA one sounds as if it's a port/compilation of earlier games in the series, but that seems a bit odd for a sports title.

All I know is that the GBA game has connectivity perks with the GC version of the baseball game.

EDIT: Apparently the Pro Kun Pocket game is a remake of the GBC games Power Pro Kun Pocket and Power Pro Kun Pocket 2. Perhaps the GBC games had some quirks the newer games don't - or something.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Can someone describe to me the differences between a typical Western baseball game and Powerful Pro Baseball? Does that series attempt to be a "sim" in the western sense? I'm thinking of importing the GC version and I'd like to know what to expect. I hear there's another baseball game on GC that incorporates a lot of manga type action scenes, etc., it's name escapes me, and I would like to try that as well.

jarrod

Banned
Musashi Wins! said:
I hear there's another baseball game on GC that incorporates a lot of manga type action scenes, etc., it's name escapes me, and I would like to try that as well.
Sega Wow's Getikou Pro Yakyuu perhaps?

screen_1.jpg
screen_2.jpg
screen_3.jpg
screen_4.jpg
screen_5.jpg
screen_6.jpg

video

...it was a TriForce port, most likely using the Dynamite Baseball/HomeRun King engine. There's also a PS2 port.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
It's always strange to see how quickly things return to normal regarding JPN's sales. Despite Nintendo's, Konami, Square/Enix, Polyphony, & perhaps Capcom games the others seem to have absolutely no legs whatsoever.

Li Mu Bai said:
It's always strange to see how quickly things return to normal regarding JPN's sales. Despite Nintendo's, Konami, Square/Enix, Polyphony, & perhaps Capcom games the others seem to have absolutely no legs whatsoever.

and to some extent Sammy! Jissen Pachislot: Hitsushouho! Hokutou no Nibushi (Fist of the North Star) has been on the charts forever.

Alex

Did they fix any of the glaringly obvious problems with FF2? Or is it still broken as hell?

Top Bottom