• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

muu

Stellar stones are a joke. Goes to show how much they playtest their own game, lol...

Ex+ isn't quite as easy as the imas collab ex+ but still pretty easy. Helps that if you have Jeanne d'arc you can do 50/50 debuff w/ no compromise easy. We have a 7AM JP Assault Time set up and 5min kills appear to be more than manageable.

kiryogi

Banned
Yeah this event has made me realized I need Jeanne D:

On different note YAY, Naga battle event is up! (Or Lina I guess for folks that picked Naga) She was kinda tough for me, didn't know she was water XD

Stellar stones are pretty bad, but I went and whaled anyway because of the SSR summon rates up. The +1 stuff is neat too, will save for later.

So I've started playing Dragon Poker again recently... watched a Lv452 boss impale himself on partywide Counter buff. Not many games where revenge attacks are so strong. feels good man

aitakute

Worlds worse luck, still haven't gotten the Guild Wars weapon yet D: When does this event end again? It's in phases right?

This Saturday. I got my first GW weapon pretty soonish after like 10 pulls. But for my second one, I haven't gotten it yet. Damn you RGN

Yeah my guild is getting fucked up so we just gave up on the first battle to prepare for yhe next one.

qq201601261549118psok.png

we got lucky with a weaker enemy. Free medals!

RalchAC

Global Digimon Heroes just released.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bandainamcogames.google.digimonheroes

EDIT: Wow, navigating the UI is extremely fast. Huge + for that. I like the gameplay so far. It reminds me of Dragon Poker (had a lot of fun with that game, but stopped playing it due to no global release).

Too late. I'm already playing Bleach Brave Souls and Cyber Sleuth is around the corner.

I'd have started playing it if it released 2 months ago. Now I will wait a week for the real deal.

MiTYH

Am I the only one who doesn't understand that Digimon game? Bunch of random number cards? Seemed boring when I played it on release. Has it gotten better?

Speaking of Digimon, I found that there's a Digimon Linkz set for release later this year (at least in JPN). Judging by the rewards they're offering for tweets and such, I'm guessing it'll be gatcha as well, but the trailer looks promising

http://www.digimonworld.org/2016/01/online-koromon-evolves-to-agumon.html

Yaari

I'll try the Digimon game. I'll wait for Granblue until the translation. I just can't get myself through the sign-up. March isn't that far out anymore, so its all good.

Dandte

Am I the only one who doesn't understand that Digimon game? Bunch of random number cards? Seemed boring when I played it on release. Has it gotten better?

Speaking of Digimon, I found that there's a Digimon Linkz set for release later this year (at least in JPN). Judging by the rewards they're offering for tweets and such, I'm guessing it'll be gatcha as well, but the trailer looks promising

http://www.digimonworld.org/2016/01/online-koromon-evolves-to-agumon.html

I logged back in. Still boring from My Point of view. Battles are actually not that in random...well the First Hand After that the ki chooses the next cards, the Problem is, the k.i. Is sometimes...ok Most of the Time...terrible.

March will be awesome with Gran Blue and Valiant Force :D

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It's not even full voice acting :(
Not quite sure how I feel about the gameplay.

edit:How many fingers am I supposed to be using playing this lol
Holy fuck lol that difficulty spike
I thought this was gonna be a laid-back cute game

Awesome thread! Gacha games initally didn't appeal to me but they've gotten alot better over time. Gotta try Granblue.

Has anyone tried Crusaders Quest? Been having a blast with it. I started on my Iphone 4 but stopped when it was too slow for me to play. Now that I've got a 6s, I've been playing non-stop. Really addictive.

Rotnems

Neo Member
Has anyone tried Crusaders Quest? Been having a blast with it. I started on my Iphone 4 but stopped when it was too slow for me to play. Now that I've got a 6s, I've been playing non-stop. Really addictive.

Tried it a couple of months ago i liked it at first but the way upgrading units works and the gameplay being really simple/boring made me lose interest. I don't like those games where rolling the gacha is worthless and you get end game units just by grinding/combining.

garath

I'll try the Digimon game. I'll wait for Granblue until the translation. I just can't get myself through the sign-up. March isn't that far out anymore, so its all good.

Same. I just couldn't get through the language barrier. It's not far now.

I'll probably give the digimon game a shot. I'm not playing anything right now. Bus ride into work is kind of boring now.

is the chrome version of granblue running painfully slow for anybody now? or is it just me.

edit: it seems the game changed the battle speed to normal on its own... i thought my game broke lol

L Thammy

Playing Dragonball Dokkan Battle. This is my first time with this genre. I got to Distorted Destiny, did three stages, and now nothing else is unlocked. So, uh, is that it? How often do they add new stages?

Salex_

Any online play or social mechanics ala Dragon Poker?

No online play or anything. Seems like the only social mechanic is choosing a friend for a second leader :(

I'd rather just play Dragon Ace tbh. It's too bad they only decided to make a SEA version for some dumb reason.

mrjohill

Playing Dragonball Dokkan Battle. This is my first time with this genre. I got to Distorted Destiny, did three stages, and now nothing else is unlocked. So, uh, is that it? How often do they add new stages?

Infrequently. They do have special story missions that come and go.

I'd rather just play Dragon Ace tbh. It's too bad they only decided to make a SEA version for some dumb reason.
I have a suspicion the only reason Dragon Ace happened is because Steparu of MMO fame loves Dragon Poker, he lavished a lot of praise for the game on his blog and his testimonials were part of the pre-release marketing for DAce. If only somebody in the west had as much sway with publishers who could make a true international release happen qq

Rixa

Out of curiosity I downloaded YGO Duel Generations. Stared 30 seconds few screens and decided to delete it.

That font is awful.

Azusa

http://kongbakpao.com/alice-order/ said:
Square Enix has announced the launch for their latest mobile game, Alice Order. The game is currently available in Japan’s Google PlayStore. If you like Million Arthur or SLG, you might want to give this game a try!

Developed by the original Million Arthur team, Alice Order is a side-scroller tactics game. Although the game looks very similar to chain chronicles, but I assure you, it’s totally different and plays more like a claustrophobic SLG.

Its all sounds nice until I saw a battle screenshot. I cant see a reason to play it. Its so dull.

kiryogi

Banned
Today's lucky draw~

Also, kind of curious, how leveled is everyone's weapon skills in Granblue? I've only been focusing on leveling mainly, and not so much weapon skill leveling. Although, that seems to require a bit more attention anyway.

Azusa

Today's lucky draw~

Also, kind of curious, how leveled is everyone's weapon skills in Granblue? I've only been focusing on leveling mainly, and not so much weapon skill leveling. Although, that seems to require a bit more attention anyway.

Grats. I have her too and she is soo good. Great support character.

I have levelled skill a bit for weapons that I use the most. Mostly for magna weapons. Its easy to skill up to level 3.

FPZcSDJ.png

Rotnems

Neo Member

Skill leveling is really important. But because fodder is kinda rare you should only skill up ATK up large weapons. Maxing them out gives a 16% attack boost. Also skill leveling bahamut weapons is a hell they need
times the fodder than a regular SSR weapon.

I myself have most weapons around skill lvl 3.

Today's lucky draw~

Leveling up skill is more important, this is the way to increase your DPS.
And you should focus on Magana weapons, even SR weapons is very useful. You can use those SR weapons to level up SSR weapons later, so the fodder won't be wasted
97up9XE.jpg

Top Bottom