• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Can anyone here recommend some of these games that have at least some form of actual gameplay and work on a very weak/cheap phone (Terra Battle already pushed it to its limit, for example). Japanese only games are fine too.

I've already played Puzzle & Dragons, Love Live, Terra Battle and Puzzle Strike

Joining the request, I'm on an old Iphone 4

Pellaidh

Neo Member
Monster Strike is worth a try I guess. I'm not really familiar with the current meta though.

Unless Monster strike is Puzzle strike

Also Dragon Poker/Dragon Ace.

Right, meant Monster Strike, got the names a bit mixed up.

Does Dragon Poker ever get to a point where you have to think about your choices? Tried it for a bit, but it seemed rather simple, but then again most of these kind of games are early on.

Uthred

Damn, used all the stones I'd saved up since starting Granblue (9.5K, only been playing a bit) and didnt get a single SSR. Which isnt statistically that unlikely, only 6% after all, still feels bad ;)

Rotnems

Neo Member
Damn, used all the stones I'd saved up since starting Granblue (9.5K, only been playing a bit) and didnt get a single SSR. Which isnt statistically that unlikely, only 6% after all, still feels bad ;)

Hopefully you got some carbuncles or high tier SR characters.

its 15% chance to not get a single SSR from 30 pulls. Once i did 4- 10 pulls and got nothing lol. Just need to believe we will get lucky next time

Uthred

Hopefully you got some carbuncles or high tier SR characters.

Got a water carbuncle and these three guys

YkK1cVh.jpg

Decided fuck it and bought one last pull, clearly mo' money was the answer, got two SSR

The artwork in this game is great, got two SR's and two R's in that roll as well, all of whom look pretty cool

aitakute

Got a water carbuncle and these three guys

Decided fuck it and bought one last pull, clearly mo' money was the answer, got two SSR

The artwork in this game is great, got two SR's and two R's in that roll as well, all of whom look pretty cool

Those are some really good SR characters you have there. I really love Stella's design but I don't even have her

Right, meant Monster Strike, got the names a bit mixed up.

Does Dragon Poker ever get to a point where you have to think about your choices? Tried it for a bit, but it seemed rather simple, but then again most of these kind of games are early on.
Once you start unlocking more SP skills and enemies stop being gigantic sacks of meat the decision tree gets pretty agonizing. The game has a lot of risk management where you decide things like if the odds of shuffling your draw to make the hand easier to complete outweigh the damage you could be doing by skill-guaranteeing a card in your hand, whether you want to spend a lot of SP aggressively shuffling to find the perfect card for the current hand versus saving SP in case you get into a bind later, etc.

PVP is running this week so whenever the colosseum opens you can try your luck and watch pubbies demonstrate how poor decision making can grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.

Once you start unlocking more SP skills and enemies stop being gigantic sacks of meat the decision tree gets pretty agonizing. The game has a lot of risk management where you decide things like if the odds of shuffling your draw to make the hand easier to complete outweigh the damage you could be doing by skill-guaranteeing a card in your hand, whether you want to spend a lot of SP aggressively shuffling to find the perfect card for the current hand versus saving SP in case you get into a bind later, etc.

PVP is running this week so whenever the colosseum opens you can try your luck and watch pubbies demonstrate how poor decision making can grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.
What kind of account is needed for Dragon Ace? I can't find it in the US store and the EU store

Uthred

Looks like my start dash has refreshed, not sure who to get, I've two earth SSR at the moment (Melleau and Altheia) so a third earth SSR to give me a solid earth team seems like a good idea, probably Sara or Cagliostro, or would Yodaraha be a better investment?

Uthred

Ha, spent too much time prevaricating, start dash seems to have gone again, thought I'd have a bit longer. Oh well, till next time ;)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Jacknod

CZ7sI6yVAAA-n43.jpg

Also is Tales of ...bers...zest...ast..
Is the Tales smartphone game, whatever its called, shit?

ReaperXL7

Not sure if anyone here plays Tower of Saviors but they have a Monster Strike collaboration going on, art looks great in my opinion.

bMgzscc.jpg

crZqnUo.jpg

Only two I've pulled so far

Dandte

Not sure if anyone here plays Tower of Saviors but they have a Monster Strike collaboration going on, art looks great in my opinion.

Only two I've pulled so far

looks awesome, but it seems the game is kinda old, so i guess it might be a hard time joining the fun :/ i love to start gacha games right fom the start

tada-will-smith-rage-face-thumb.png
How else could they sell your information to a third party company.

Nice GW finale in Granblue Fantasy.
Guild won the last battle, and I got my fourth GW bow in the last few pulls.

Failed my Legend Fest pulls though. :(

kiryogi

Banned
What a first Guild Wars! I managed to pull my third SSR weapon this morning after I woke up from passing out XD Tried to grind out tokens until the very end but too tired.

Made 3000 crystals off betting cards by going all in on West and WES. That's enough for another 10pull for legfest!

My final ranking:

Dunno how good it is for only having started at the beginning of the month, hopefully next GW I'll be more equipped and actually be part of a guild. Cheers!

ReaperXL7

looks awesome, but it seems the game is kinda old, so i guess it might be a hard time joining the fun :/ i love to start gacha games right fom the start

I can understand that, I don't thinks it's that bad for Tower of Saviors as this isn't like the majority of the other Gatcha games since its primary comparison is Puzzle and Dragons ( it's a match 3 with far better presentation imo) but I dont blame anyone for wanting to get into Gatchas from the start.

Uthred

Squeezed out as many free crystals as I could (get the feeling theyre really going to dry up going forward) and managed a fifth pull, no SSR's. So five pulls, 2 SSR, bit disappointed to be honest but as always the gacha giveth and taketh away. Got Danua in the last pull, I like the art, not sure how good she is, Japanese SR user rating has her listed as top for dark though the 4chan SR tier list has her ranked fairly low. Got Tina as well who seems like a solid fire SR. So a pretty good SR haul overall at least

Squeezed out as many free crystals as I could (get the feeling theyre really going to dry up going forward)

Yeah pretty worried about this myself. I don't mind spending a bit of money on the game - gorgeous art, fun gameplay, waifus, but I have to start hoarding what I'm getting now if I ever want to get a decent amount of limited event pulls.

kiryogi

Banned
Squeezed out as many free crystals as I could (get the feeling theyre really going to dry up going forward) and managed a fifth pull, no SSR's. So five pulls, 2 SSR, bit disappointed to be honest but as always the gacha giveth and taketh away. Got Danua in the last pull, I like the art, not sure how good she is, Japanese SR user rating has her listed as top for dark though the 4chan SR tier list has her ranked fairly low. Got Tina as well who seems like a solid fire SR. So a pretty good SR haul overall at least

Oh I got her too! Actually, where can i find a SR ranking list? I have an idea of SSRs because of that translation spreadsheet, but I don't have a list for SR. Don't mind if it's in japanese either.

Uthred

Yeah pretty worried about this myself. I don't mind spending a bit of money on the game - gorgeous art, fun gameplay, waifus, but I have to start hoarding what I'm getting now if I ever want to get a decent amount of limited event pulls.

I suppose events like GW could help a bit (didnt really understand the betting element this time around). But at this point I've cleared more or less all the levels up to where I am in the story (Chapter 33 IIRC, not sure how much is left), got the ones from the town "codes" and fate episodes for characters I have. So basically all the "easy ones" I think, which does makes it feel that it'll be just a trickle going forward.

Oh I got her too! Actually, where can i find a SR ranking list? I have an idea of SSRs because of that translation spreadsheet, but I don't have a list for SR. Don't mind if it's in japanese either.

There's the user rating list on the Japanese wiki http://gbf-wiki.com/index.php?%BF%CD%CA%AA%C9%BE%B2%C1SR

There's also 4chan's list from the /vg/ megathread, which seems fairly different https://docs.google.com/document/d/16Vxzjzq-Ru6RgSirfBcTheWlrGvLFuNB_GIDA_9Gewo/edit?pref=2&pli=1

No she is not the top of dark. She used to be really good for..........really strong player because his second ability has no dmg limit. Could hit for 1 million and more, much higher than SSRs. Not anymore after the nerf.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
This might be an odd question, but do you guys prefer games to be vertical or horizontal?
Probably depends on the game type of course.

Rotnems

Neo Member
Solo'd both VH and extreme with a feather/ferri/sarunan load out.

Im glad the GW event happened before this one. Increased my poverty light pool so much.
xasnYkm.png

The feeling of progression in Granblue is amazing. I joined this game with the farah event and i couldn't even survive one ougi of the VH boss.

kiryogi

Banned
Solo'd both VH and extreme with a feather/ferri/sarunan load out.

Im glad the GW event happened before this one. Increased my poverty light pool so much.
xasnYkm.png

The feeling of progression in Granblue is amazing. I joined this game with the farah event and i couldn't even survive one ougi of the VH boss.

I know right? As I learn more and more every day, and seeing how the system works and managing it, it feels good! I'm only a month in too! Also wow, I combined all my GW swords D: Maybe I should resist, but my light pool is okayish considering the pulls I had.

Azusa

SOIYA SOIYA SOIYA
The best event BGM.

So far event is fun. Don't know about event summon, the crab. It's just dark atk +40%/10% def. I have Odin and its +50% atk. But dark gloves as I understand is a rare thing and maybe its worth to try to MLB it.

Top Bottom