• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

MiTYH

Playing Dragonball Dokkan Battle. This is my first time with this genre. I got to Distorted Destiny, did three stages, and now nothing else is unlocked. So, uh, is that it? How often do they add new stages?

I think you're looking at the events page and not the story mode. Story mode is very long, with 3 difficulties for everything. Also events come by weekly or twice a month for new ones

aitakute

B0BRdrn.jpg

Am I doing wrong? Should I focus on getting all weapon to skill lv 3 instead of going for one weapon to max?

Yeah. Downloaded and it's on maintenence. Nice start, Gumi.
I was able to play a good hour before major connection issues.
Visuals and presentation are pretty much A+. Gameplay seemed really smooth.

I mean so far this is the best looking "tactics" game I've seen on mobile.
Now I just have to see if gacha and content holds up (pretty important).

You mean different elements?

generally, 1 to 10 takes 80 sr weapons, while boosting your attack for 9%.

1 to 3 takes 6, boosting your attack for 2%. so you get 26.6% boost in theory.

However, if they are in different type of skills: 攻刃, 方陣攻刃, or unknown attack, then the boost become much bigger.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Do Japanese mobile games have some pact to release all their games at the same time on iOS sheesh; Alice, Hello Kitty, Alchemist and Aria all on the same day no less.

Azusa

I was able to play a good hour before major connection issues.
Visuals and presentation are pretty much A+. Gameplay seemed really smooth.

I mean so far this is the best looking "tactics" game I've seen on mobile.
Now I just have to see if gacha and content holds up (pretty important).

I haven't played it yet. Still have a trouble with connection.

Someone from 4chan played it a bit and found out this:
So basically rolling the gacha give you fragments of characters with which you can use to unlock them once you collected enough.

COkxWmw.png

Its the worst.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Someone from 4chan played it a bit and find out this:

Its the worst.
There's 2 kinds of gacha, fragments and the typical, don't know if units overlap, too many errors to want to check..

Azusa

Wow, Alice order is actually pretty fun and the girls are cute; love it when they salute you.

I'll try this instead of Alchemist then.

They are too generous. Maybe its just a launch special promotion.
mbgg said:
Alice order reroll guide
First roll is guranteed 5*
First 10 roll which is gurantted 5*
3 gacha where the guranteed roll is 5*.
Collab with 5* upon completion.
6 5* all in all

You could get all this by finishing
  • 1st chapter (3 missions) (This +Gifts for 10 roll)
  • Finish multiparty mission thrice, at least once by creating room. (1500+1500 or 2 of the 3 5* rolls) Still not sure on this.
  • Finish the special missions (red, blue, green for 500 gems each for the last guranteed 5*)

EDIT: Alice Order is boring.

aitakute

generally, 1 to 10 takes 80 sr weapons, while boosting your attack for 9%.

1 to 3 takes 6, boosting your attack for 2%. so you get 26.6% boost in theory.

However, if they are in different type of skills: 攻刃, 方陣攻刃, or unknown attack, then the boost become much bigger.
So you're saying that I shouldn't go with just about atk boosting skills but many kind of skills?

Yeah, it's pretty crazy.
They stopped maintenance during weeee morning for JP, and still had major issues all day.
Might get worse with all of Japan waking up now. :/
Someone from 4chan played it a bit and found out this:
Its the worst.
Ehh... I haven't seen many games with this gacha system.
Don't know if it works or not in the long run.

kiryogi

Banned
B0BRdrn.jpg

Am I doing wrong? Should I focus on getting all weapon to skill lv 3 instead of going for one weapon to max?

Seeing everyone, I've started to spread out too, but before I had my answers, I already pushed my light dagger to lv4. XD Good for this event I guess!

So you're saying that I shouldn't go with just about atk boosting skills but many kind of skills?

There are 3 kinds of skills:
Normal
Magna
Unknown

The formula to calculate the damage is something like:
Total dmg = Base dmg x (1 + normal ATKUP%) x (1 + magna ATKUP%) x (1 + unknown ATKUP%)

(1 + 0.5) x (1 + 0.5) > (1 + 0.5 + 0.5), it's simple math.

aitakute

There are 3 kinds of skills:
Normal
Magna
Unknown

The formula to calculate the damage is something like:
Total dmg = Base dmg x (1 + normal ATKUP%) x (1 + magna ATKUP%) x (1 + unknown ATKUP%)

(1 + 0.5) x (1 + 0.5) > (1 + 0.5 + 0.5), it's simple math.
So I guess normal skills are from weapons you get from gacha and magna skills are from magna weapons? I've always thought they are the same. What weapon are unknown skills from?

So I guess normal skills are from weapons you get from gacha and magna skills are from magna weapons? I've always thought they are the same. What weapon are unknown skills from?

Unknown skill weapons come from collab events. The SSR weapons you get from Slayers event also have unknown skills.
The "Unkown" name comes from the Idols event

ReaperXL7

I'm kind of in disbelief at the moment but there is this new game on IOS called Poket Masters.
It's based on Pokemon....but it's more like "Pokemoe" it's kind of hilarious.

I have never understood how some companies in certain countries are able to get away with ripping stuff off without much in the way of any real consequence. I

chrono01

I'm kind of in disbelief at the moment but there is this new game on IOS called Poket Masters.
It's based on Pokemon....but it's more like "Pokemoe" it's kind of hilarious.

I have never understood how some companies in certain countries are able to get away with ripping stuff off without much in the way of any real consequence. I
A Chain Chronicle clone that will likely outlive the global release of Chain Chronicle itself.

What a sad day this is.

aitakute

So how is Alice Order? Also, any thought about that Alchemist game? I tried and think the game is really pretty, gameplay is fun and the arts are fantastic too. But I don't know what to think about that gacha system. It takes a quite long for each reroll too

After 41 pulls. I still have 1500 gem left. Should I use it all on single pull?

kiryogi

Banned
Was pretty brutal after my first 10x. But I did pull SSR Kata in that pull at least! The rest well. . . Anyway, pics coming shortly.
SSR Katalina, SSR Zeta, SSR Percieval, SSR Seruel. Oh and SSR Quetzalcoatl. And a ton of SR/Rs.

I'm also fricken happy I'm pulling some males now. That said, my Fire Team is looking hawtness. Metera, Percvial, Zeta, and maybe Lina Inverse. XD

aitakute

Was pretty brutal after my first 10x. But I did pull SSR Kata in that pull at least! The rest well. . . Anyway, pics coming shortly.
SSR Katalina, SSR Zeta, SSR Percieval, SSR Seruel. Oh and SSR Quetzalcoatl. And a ton of SR/Rs.

I'm also fricken happy I'm pulling some males now. That said, my Fire Team is looking hawtness. Metera, Percvial, Zeta, and maybe Lina Inverse. XD

So jelly...
Anyway, decided to spent 6000 yen on 2 more pulls. Got this random guy who I don't even know. Hell, I don't even know any SSR character I got today

Azusa

At least my fire team just got a boost with the Yuel 5*. Once I farm those 50 orbs and then level to 100. ;_;

I have almost esport wind team: birdman/petra and anriet/gawain but my wind weapon pool is bad. I have better fire and water weapon pools but only 2 water and 2 fire ssr. Eh.

So jelly...
Anyway, decided to spent 6000 yen on 2 more pulls. Got this random guy who I don't even know. Hell, I don't even know any SSR character I got today

Lancelot is so cool. Very strong damage dealer.

aitakute

When did Yuel get her 3rd upgrade form? How do you get Yuel to lv 100? My Yuel reached 80 at max. Same question for the loli old man too

Saprol

Same as the others. Fate episode appears when you reach the yellow star level cap. When it's complete you can spend the materials to limit break them.

aitakute

Here's my current characters list. Do you think I should, urgh, spend more money to pull more SSR characters from this leg fes? Or this is fine for now and should spend money on surprise ticket or star legend gacha later?

Kitoro

RIP Rise of Mana, game shutting down in March
http://www.4gamer.net/games/272/G027263/20160129163/

Damn. I wonder at what point the revenue has to drop to to warrant pulling the plug on the server. It can't be that costly to keep them running so long as people are still playing and some still paying, can it?

At the very least, rather than shutting down, I don't see why they wouldn't just modify the game to work as a single player experience so that players don't have to kiss their monetary and time investment goodbye entirely.

MiTYH

Global Dokkan Battle has, finally, a guaranteed SSR multipull summon. Did mine for 50 stones, got TWO natural SSRs -- AGL Kid Buu, and PHY Weight of Hope Goku. Pretty happy about that!

Also, very, very excited for version 4.0 for One Piece TC. Sockets coming, which will free up space in the character box. Got a skill up event on the 4th, plus teases for new Legend Units (which I'll never pull) in a sugofest, and princess turtles finally arrive, plus Water 7 story mode. So much content!

Pellaidh

Neo Member
Can anyone here recommend some of these games that have at least some form of actual gameplay and work on a very weak/cheap phone (Terra Battle already pushed it to its limit, for example). Japanese only games are fine too.

I've already played Puzzle & Dragons, Love Live, Terra Battle and Puzzle Strike

Can anyone here recommend some of these games that have at least some form of actual gameplay and work on a very weak/cheap phone (Terra Battle already pushed it to its limit, for example). Japanese only games are fine too.

I've already played Puzzle & Dragons, Love Live, Terra Battle and Puzzle Strike

Monster Strike is worth a try I guess. I'm not really familiar with the current meta though.

Unless Monster strike is Puzzle strike

Also Dragon Poker/Dragon Ace.

Top Bottom