• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

bjork

Anyone try this Fist of the North Star game yet? It's basic like One Piece and Crows, but the characters animate like strange marionettes or paper dolls or something. It's a weird look. Also, it seems to just stop loading. I don't know if that's due to heavy traffic or what, but I can't imagine.

bjork

How about Shinobi Nightmare? Anyone? It looks pretty cool visually, but I'm fumbling through menus pretty poorly thus far, heh.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, I've been playing Shinobi Nightmare, pretty fun game, basically like a dungeon crawler game thingy. It has some interesting and infuriating designs though. having 4 stamina bars is kinda fun, but I HATE how you decrease in power as you meander through the dungeons and one good run drains you to nothing. It also employs the friends system where you don't get the benefits of skills if you aren't friends yet; hate it so much. If this game doesn't make it into full on anime, I will be disappointed because you are totally playing anime episodes as they throw in the op and ed remarks at the end of each dungeon completion.

Oh well, hot springs.
A072Iec.png

Azusa

How about Shinobi Nightmare? Anyone? It looks pretty cool visually, but I'm fumbling through menus pretty poorly thus far, heh.

Yeah, I've been playing Shinobi Nightmare, pretty fun game, basically like a dungeon crawler game thingy. It has some interesting and infuriating designs though. having 4 stamina bars is kinda fun, but I HATE how you decrease in power as you meander through the dungeons and one good run drains you to nothing. It also employs the friends system where you don't get the benefits of skills if you aren't friends yet; hate it so much. If this game doesn't make it into full on anime, I will be disappointed because you are totally playing anime episodes as they throw in the op and ed remarks at the end of each dungeon completion.

I play it a lot recently. Very good game. I hope they dont ruin it in few weeks of no events or something like that.

Also they will add new characters very soon. I think July 1st when most of current events end.

My only hate is lack of shortcuts. I have to go through few different views to get what I want. And also there is no repeat stage button after combat. Sad. I hope they add it in the future.

Amaterasu
CmHSnT6UYAAB52k.jpg

Original character
CmHS-PNUoAASWBB.jpg

MiTYH

Is it worth playing? I guess I can give it a shot...

I'm enjoying it so far. Time will tell, has a big following though.

Weird. I signed up for the pre reg but never got an email that it was released.

Me neither. But retooling is easy as pie on this (with 2 FB accounts needed) because anyone who logs in for the next week or so gets all the bonuses. Rates don't seem to bad either.

There's a thread for it here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1219944

bjork

It is a shutdown notice. Sorry about your Cross x Wurst

Thanks, I was afraid of that. That's too bad, it's the most fun I've had with a mobile game to date. Seems kind of cruddy timing, they just ran an event with the first 7* character and it looked like some dudes went in deep on it. A new story mission just went up today too, and they've been adding new characters. Maybe a license expired or something?

I guess I can check out the other Crows game and see if it's going away as well.

MiTYH

So I think this was mentioned before, but Naruto is getting a Mobile game, and I'm 99% sure it'll be typical gatcha

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/06/naruto-ultimate-ninja-blazing-gets-first-gameplay/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_bE_6B-vQc

The video is just if you want gameplay, the article has the video embedded in it.

Basically, looks like it's heading to JPN sometime this year, with a Global trademark created as well. So that's hopeful. Hopefully not too long of a delay to get the global-side, though with a love of Naruto I'll probably start it JPN anyway

Li Kao

What are the 3 best gacha games I could play on iOS these days ? I already started Brave Exvius, but what are GAF suggestions ?

Oh and is Phantom of the Kill any good ?

MiTYH

What are the 3 best gacha games I could play on iOS these days ? I already started Brave Exvius, but what are GAF suggestions ?

Oh and is Phantom of the Kill any good ?

Phantom of Kill wasn't good IMO.

Personally, I'm fan of the following:

- One Piece Treasure Cruise - Free Gem every day, loyal to the storyline, lots of events

- DBZ Dokkan - Rates arent always good, but gameplay is fun if you're a fan of the series and whatnot

- P&D: The original gacha as far as I know. Takes a bit to get to a good level, but I'm enjoying myself

- FF Record Keeper - less on gacha characters, more on their weapons. Still getting into this myself, has a good community

There's a few others that are JPN exclusive that I want to come stateside. Check the main post for lots of links

Z3M0G

Searched thread for "Blazblue"

0 hits

WTF people... wow... how can GAF NOT be playing this game... they pulled off amazing touch controls for a fighting game.

Azusa

eq2019.png

You can farm rankups now. Unlike any other mobage where you need a dupe to rankup/limit break a char in Shinobi you can farm souls and when you collect enough souls you can rank up the character.

Dungeon opens twice daily
- 17:00 JST ~ 18:00 JST
- 21:00 JST ~ 22:00 JST
- Dark 8 July
- Light 9 July
- Fire 10 July
- Water 11 July
- Wind 12 July
- Thunder 13 July

Also here is the latest Shinobi Guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/107uofpQFGlvCMAtUNqIWNVxjcSgAruGwCEDT9iE-wBs/edit

There is a timezone trick. You can change your timezone all day and farm this event dungeon over and over again. Just make sure your phone time is 5pm or 9pm.

English Final Fantasy Mobius might be coming out soon.
"Good news, our English version will be released together with Taiwanese and Korean ones in this Summer! Be the first one who will enter Mobius Final Fantasy world! ‪#‎MobiusFF‬"

From Mobius Facebook page.

BluWacky

English Final Fantasy Mobius might be coming out soon.
"Good news, our English version will be released together with Taiwanese and Korean ones in this Summer! Be the first one who will enter Mobius Final Fantasy world! ‪#‎MobiusFF‬"

From Mobius Facebook page.

Ooooooooh. It's a total battery/space hog and not quite as much fun as Brave Exvius but Mobius isn't bad for a gacha game - and it does look spectacular.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ooooooooh. It's a total battery/space hog and not quite as much fun as Brave Exvius but Mobius isn't bad for a gacha game - and it does look spectacular.
Mobius would be much better if there were more enemy types. Ever since I got the highest rarity Soldier class and some crazy powerful attacks from the FFVIIr event using the currency SE gave away, I've been powering through everything. Recently they added full auto battle (uses skills, not just regular attacks) and during my train rides to work I would just get through everything on autopilot.

Mobius is a great game to play once and boot it a year later to find a ton of free items, currency, and 500/50 stamina. As for the last one, I really like the fact that when you level up, the stamina you gained actually allows you to go over the stamina limit, not just disappears if it's full.

bjork

Anybody give that Naruto Shippuden game a try? I played up through Zabuza's arc, and as usual I didn't roll any 5* guys initially, but I got a couple of 4* dudes and those are working for me. Though, it seems odd that the base Naruto would have more attack than a Jiraiya of the same rank. But overall, it seems like okay gameplay, and I like the presentation well enough.

HawthorneKitty

Anybody give that Naruto Shippuden game a try? I played up through Zabuza's arc, and as usual I didn't roll any 5* guys initially, but I got a couple of 4* dudes and those are working for me. Though, it seems odd that the base Naruto would have more attack than a Jiraiya of the same rank. But overall, it seems like okay gameplay, and I like the presentation well enough.
Just gonna wait for English version coming within this year.

MiTYH

We all need a new game to play, right?

FF Mobius has launched, officially. iOS at least. Here's the DL:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobius-final-fantasy/id1091974564?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

EDIT: Android link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.mobiusff_ne&hl=en

Looking at it, it's a whooping 400MB initial install. Hoping for luck in rerolling (guide: https://mediacraft.rockuapps.com/ar...l-guide-the-best-cards-to-obtain-by-rerolling)

SECOND EDIT, found this on rerolling:

"The way the jobs work, you gain skill seeds to fil out a tree, and once the tree is filled out you can evolve into a new job. every job available right now can be obtained this way, so there is no unique must use tickets to pull jobs.
The only reason to pull and reroll right now is if you want to skip to the higher tier job right away, or i guess maybe pulling for cards and not jobs, but again those are very limited at release with very few (if any) high tier cards you want for late game"

Uthred

Gah, cant resist my Naruto nostalgia, pre-reged, definitely dont need another gacha game considering how demanding Granblue's grind is

Li Kao

So Nexxon released a seemingly run of the mill gacha game with horizontal combat, Chaos Chronicle. Well, according to the PocketGamer review, but while I can totally see the game being nothing new it's not like I have a very deep faith in PG.
But it made me think that I never played a gacha game with horizontally progressing combats, are there references in this category of games ?

Faynwulf

I find it a bit strange that they don't have some kind of counter to show how many people pre-registered. Lets hope it doesn't take too long to release here. I need some gacha fix on my phone.
A few months ago I stopped playing pretty much all the gacha games and I must say it is really hard to get into them again when you stopped for a while.

HawthorneKitty

So Nexxon released a seemingly run of the mill gacha game with horizontal combat, Chaos Chronicle. Well, according to the PocketGamer review, but while I can totally see the game being nothing new it's not like I have a very deep faith in PG.
But it made me think that I never played a gacha game with horizontally progressing combats, are there references in this category of games ?
I don't think it's anything new since it's a very simple concept, but it's definitely gotten new wind if anything in Japan since Ateam hit it huge with Valkyria Connect and Aiming has followed it up with 2 titles with the same style since, with some success.

Tried playing shironeko tennis since I need another old white male sport mobage in my life since dungeons & golf shut down, but those touch controls leave a lot to be desired :/

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Randomly picked up a game called Legendary - Game of Heroes. It's similar in execution to puzzle and dragons. So far I'm quite liking it but not sure how well it's monetized, how terrible the energy system is, etc. but I liked it enough to buy the subscription pass thing for $6.

I've about given up on FF Exvius tho. Just nothing to do atm, terrible events, and the like just have me bored. I'll revisit in a few months.

Faynwulf

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Blazing is out in the UK, France and Germany. Just downloaded it and I definitely like it more already than the other Bandai Gacha games.

Uthred

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Blazing is out in the UK, France and Germany. Just downloaded it and I definitely like it more already than the other Bandai Gacha games.

Man, between Mobius and Granblue I'm sort of hoping I dont like this so it doesnt eat my time ;)

Edit: Considering the universe has in character elemental alignments its weird that the mobile game for Naruto made up its own five elemental equivalents

Shironeko tennis is kinda cute, the gameplay is pretty fun and satisfying, at least for a mobage.
Although I dropped it because nobody in my guild wanted to play with me :(

Faynwulf

Man, between Mobius and Granblue I'm sort of hoping I dont like this so it doesnt eat my time ;)

Edit: Considering the universe has in character elemental alignments its weird that the mobile game for Naruto made up its own five elemental equivalents

Somehow I have the feeling that the Japanese version uses Ninjutsu, Taijutsu and Genjustsu for the three main ones. Or like you said the elements.

My first roll was really bad. Aside from silver Shizune and 3rd Hokare I got only bronze ones.

Uthred

Somehow I have the feeling that the Japanese version uses Ninjutsu, Taijutsu and Genjustsu for the three main ones. Or like you said the elements.

My first roll was really bad. Aside from silver Shizune and 3rd Hokare I got only bronze ones.

Apparently they're introducing a reduced 30 stone 10 pull tomorrow, so probably going to wait to re-roll till then. The tutorial takes a while so re-rolling is a chore.

MiTYH

Apparently they're introducing a reduced 30 stone 10 pull tomorrow, so probably going to wait to re-roll till then. The tutorial takes a while so re-rolling is a chore.

Yeah it sounds like the game is really "due out" tomorrow, which lines up with the NA releases (Wednesday nights, mostly). Since there's no OT yet, from what I can tell from the reddit (UltimateNinjaBlazing) here's what you should aim for:

- Six-star units which you get as 5-stars (Naruto, Sasuke, Gaara and Kakashi - with Gaara and Kakashi being best currently)
- Kabuto 4 or 5*, doesnt matter. He's the best healer at the moment.

So, two 6's or a 6 and Kabuto is a keeper, probably who I'll reroll for (unless it gets REALLY tedious. War flashbacks to OPTC. Dokkan was easier though)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Cool, was my first impression....then i saw the Rank list - Genin Sasuke and Naruto are Top Tier while the likes of Jiraya and Oro are B-Tier ? WTF...Hate stuff like that...thought the power ranking would be more OPTC like.

MiTYH

Cool, was my first impression....then i saw the Rank list - Genin Sasuke and Naruto are Top Tier while the likes of Jiraya and Oro are B-Tier ? WTF...Hate stuff like that...thought the power ranking would be more OPTC like.

Pretty sure they only have Part 1 in the game. I'm sure as more are introduced, they'll drop down

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Pretty sure they only have Part 1 in the game. I'm sure as more are introduced, they'll drop down

Sure....but for now at least the one on reddit has Genins being above the Sannins...makes me already hate the game lol. I know its stupid but it sucks to have a Naruto Gacha game where you can pull Oro and he is worse than Genin Naruto...i mean really ?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

That's just silly. Maybe they will correct the power rankings so they make sense

Uthred

Not much luck with re-rolling so far, twice in a row got 10 pulls with 2 ssrs, only to have those ssrs be dupes, best I've done so far is 5* Kabuto (x2 of course).

MiTYH

Not much luck with re-rolling so far, twice in a row got 10 pulls with 2 ssrs, only to have those ssrs be dupes, best I've done so far is 5* Kabuto (x2 of course).

And here I am, still waiting for it to be released in NA... Not looking forward to the grind of rerolling. I'm telling myself I'll be happy with Gaara or Kikashi 5*, and won't try for anything fancy

How fast into it can you do the 30-pull? As soon as the tutorial is over?

Uthred

And here I am, still waiting for it to be released in NA... Not looking forward to the grind of rerolling. I'm telling myself I'll be happy with Gaara or Kikashi 5*, and won't try for anything fancy

How fast into it can you do the 30-pull? As soon as the tutorial is over?

Not quite, you get one free single pull as part of the (rather long) tutorial. When you start the game proper you can collect the bonus from their pre-reg campaign (which everyone seems to get) and your first day login bonus which will give you 22 stones (23 at the moment as they gave us one for maintenance). You get 2 stones for each new person you meet in co-op, so run co-op twice for 8 stones and then you can pull. It seems you can actually do the 30 stone discount pull three times. So if you get a semi-decent first roll it might be worth grinding co-op for stones for the next two pulls (I think you can get a max of 100 free stones from co-op)

I re-rolled about 10 times yesterday, so I have the transfer codes for those accounts sitting at 22 stones, after that I'll probably just go with whatever account I like best, dont have it in me to re-roll obsessively any more (Dokkan broke me). Just feels dumb "dumping" the third hokage or Kimimaro to search for genin Naruto. Bleach and One Piece did a better job of vaguely matching their sources power level.

Top Bottom