• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Faynwulf

Either I have a lot of bad luck or the Naruto game has some of the worst rates I've ever seen. I must've rerolled around 30 times and I have only seen a handful 6* or upgradable 5* in these pulls. And none of those have been S-Rank.
I think the best I've seen is Orochimaru. Still trying to get a Gaara.

MiTYH

Not quite, you get one free single pull as part of the (rather long) tutorial. When you start the game proper you can collect the bonus from their pre-reg campaign (which everyone seems to get) and your first day login bonus which will give you 22 stones (23 at the moment as they gave us one for maintenance). You get 2 stones for each new person you meet in co-op, so run co-op twice for 8 stones and then you can pull. It seems you can actually do the 30 stone discount pull three times. So if you get a semi-decent first roll it might be worth grinding co-op for stones for the next two pulls (I think you can get a max of 100 free stones from co-op)

I re-rolled about 10 times yesterday, so I have the transfer codes for those accounts sitting at 22 stones, after that I'll probably just go with whatever account I like best, dont have it in me to re-roll obsessively any more (Dokkan broke me). Just feels dumb "dumping" the third hokage or Kimimaro to search for genin Naruto. Bleach and One Piece did a better job of vaguely matching their sources power level.

Awesome, cool writeup. Didn't know about the co-op giving gems that easily, sounds like the way to go. Hopefully NA comes to the store tonight, I'm itching to play

I hear you with Dokkan, I'm on my third account (1st normal, then Broly, now Gogeta/Cell/Vegeta SSJ3), and even though I'm running low on stones, again, I think I'm going to tough it out and stay with it.

Uthred

Either I have a lot of bad luck or the Naruto game has some of the worst rates I've ever seen. I must've rerolled around 30 times and I have only seen a handful 6* or upgradable 5* in these pulls. And none of those have been S-Rank.
I think the best I've seen is Orochimaru. Still trying to get a Gaara.

Done 15 ten pulls so far, five of those had no SSR's, the majority of the rest had two on average (though an infuriating amount of dupes). No 5* Naruto's or Kakkashi's, one Sasuke and one Gaara (though on different rolls of course). Probably try and gind out co-op for a second pull of both of those. Though I'd prefer to use the "less optimal" account with Shikimaru and Hinata that I rolled. I sort of hate re-rolling, as it tends to go "Oh a cool new game! *hours of maddening re-rolling later*, Well I can play now but I sort of hate the game" If you're talking about the first single pull the rate on that does seem terrible, I think I got one 5* (Kabuto) out of the re-rolls I did yesterday and today.

Edit: Seems its only the first few co-op "meetings" that give you 2 stone per user, after that it drops to 1 stone. Slows down getting to that second 30 stone 10 pull. But I got there, and it was all three star dogshit with one dupe 4*, bad times. Game itself is fun, the positional gameplay feels fresh for some reason, havent tried auto yet.

Faynwulf

Done 15 ten pulls so far, five of those had no SSR's, the majority of the rest had two on average (though an infuriating amount of dupes). No 5* Naruto's or Kakkashi's, one Sasuke and one Gaara (though on different rolls of course). Probably try and gind out co-op for a second pull of both of those. Though I'd prefer to use the "less optimal" account with Shikimaru and Hinata that I rolled. I sort of hate re-rolling, as it tends to go "Oh a cool new game! *hours of maddening re-rolling later*, Well I can play now but I sort of hate the game" If you're talking about the first single pull the rate on that does seem terrible, I think I got one 5* (Kabuto) out of the re-rolls I did yesterday and today.

Edit: Seems its only the first few co-op "meetings" that give you 2 stone per user, after that it drops to 1 stone. Slows down getting to that second 30 stone 10 pull. But I got there, and it was all three star dogshit with one dupe 4*, bad times. Game itself is fun, the positional gameplay feels fresh for some reason, havent tried auto yet.

Someone on reddit gifted me an account with Gaara*5, Kisame*5 and Sakura*4. So I'm done with rerolling.

Yeah it seems the first 10 people you meet in co-op give you 2 stones and after that every new person gives you one until you got 100 stones in total. Then it seems to stop completely. Which seems pretty bad to be honest. Because then only the last mission in a chapter gives you 5 stones. And I guess PvP will give you some later?

Uthred

Someone on reddit gifted me an account with Gaara*5, Kisame*5 and Sakura*4. So I'm done with rerolling.

Yeah it seems the first 10 people you meet in co-op give you 2 stones and after that every new person gives you one until you got 100 stones in total. Then it seems to stop completely. Which seems pretty bad to be honest. Because then only the last mission in a chapter gives you 5 stones. And I guess PvP will give you some later?

Well the first five days login give you five per day, OPTC was fairly generous with the premium currency so hopefully this follows suit. Didnt even know there was PvP in it, I suppose that's another reason to make re-rolling worthwhile.

Faynwulf

Well the first five days login give you five per day, OPTC was fairly generous with the premium currency so hopefully this follows suit. Didnt even know there was PvP in it, I suppose that's another reason to make re-rolling worthwhile.

It will be interesting to see if they give out stones after 50 days or if it stops there with the 10.

Yeah in the main menu swipe to the right. I think I read on reddit that the Phantom Castle is pvp... but it could also be a tournament thing like in Dragonball.

Been playing super gundam royal again and between something like 40 draws still don't have a 4 star character... Outside the obligatory one they give after the intro mission .

Thinking I'll just drop this game if the rates are this bad now. They were pretty good back in the past if I remember right.

MiTYH

I haven't really seen any game as generous with gems as OPTC (part of why I love it). Every day, rain or shine, you get a gem. P&D, DBZ Dokkan, BleachBraveSouls, etc don't do that.

Actually, FFRecordKeeper does it, I believe. But I haven't been playing long enough to confirm that.

chrono01

I haven't really seen any game as generous with gems as OPTC (part of why I love it). Every day, rain or shine, you get a gem. P&D, DBZ Dokkan, BleachBraveSouls, etc don't do that.

Actually, FFRecordKeeper does it, I believe. But I haven't been playing long enough to confirm that.
OPTC is indeed generous.

I will say that Brave Souls is, as well. While you might not necessarily receive free Spirit Orbs every single day, you do get a mission that resets every day that grants you 5x Spirit Orbs, assuming you complete the (relatively easy) daily objectives. Not only that, the game is very good at handing out new events, which grant you Spirit Orbs for completing, as well as more if you complete the missions associated with them and for fully ascending (and leveling) the characters the event usually grants. I've been F2P since the beginning, pull relatively often (especially during the step-up gatcha that recently ended), and have more characters to ascend/level, and I'm sitting at 3500+ Spirit Orbs. The only money I spent as for the Beginner's Ticket bundle and that was it.

Uthred

Grinding out stones for the second thirty pulls is taking a while, did three second 10 pulls so far and sadly two of them were 0 SSR junk and the ssr I got on the third wasnt great. Think I just need to settle on an account and actually play the game. Not sure how reliable that tier list on reddit is Kabuto seems absolutely essential for the harder missions, his healing is extremely good.

OPTC is very generous, cant actually remember why I ended up dropping it, probably the standard mobage issue of being sucked into another one. I find at this point a game has to be relatively fair and/or generous to maintain interest. I dont mind throwing a few quid at stuff, but I like to feel its worth it, Granblue's surprise ticket is a good example of that, or the gift box thingy in Mobius Final Fantasy. Good to hear that Bleach has improved, I enjoyed the game but it got super samey and I always felt starved for orbs (though honestly I think shitty gacha luck was what killed it for me, might give it another go)

chrono01

Apparently, the pre-registration emails for Naruto Ultimate Ninja Blazing (US) have gone out, saying it's available now, but it isn't. It should be released very soon then, probably by tomorrow evening.

MiTYH

Apparently, the pre-registration emails for Naruto Ultimate Ninja Blazing (US) have gone out, saying it's available now, but it isn't. It should be released very soon then, probably by tomorrow evening.

Yeah the email I got points to the wrong country, or just not available. Should be up today, hopefully soon!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is the Naruto game actually any good? I want to play it just for the IP. No idea if it sucks or not.

bjork

Is the Naruto game actually any good? I want to play it just for the IP. No idea if it sucks or not.

I think it was better than the Bleach game and the DBZ one, but I like OPTC better than this Naruto game.

But then, my Crows game was the best one of these ever and Konami shut it down, so what do I know. :(

commish

I think it was better than the Bleach game and the DBZ one, but I like OPTC better than this Naruto game.

But then, my Crows game was the best one of these ever and Konami shut it down, so what do I know. :(

Hm interesting. OP was pretty good but I wasn't into the IP so I stopped playing. I actually thought Bleach was pretty fun, but came out at a time when I had too many games. I guess we will see.

MiTYH

I know I demod the JP one (ie tried it, but found out about global and stopped it). It seems like the HunterxHunter one, which I also wish would come to global. Looks easy to get into and seems like fun. This is also the closest release window between JPN/Global that I can remember in these games. OPTC has a year between them, Dokkan something like 6-8 months. Not sure on Bleach.

I just find it outrageous Bandai would send the email about the game launching without, you know, making sure it was available. At this point I'm betting we'll see it sometime around 9am Pacific time.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

You play The God of Highschool; anyone know if it's a good anime? The animated opening for the game made it seem really cool for a shonen thing.

Uthred

Presumably the US will be on the same server as the soft launch countries? Cant imagine them having regional rather than global servers. Thought I was done with re-rolling but back at it again as my second 10 pulls on all yesterdays viable account were total dogshit.

MiTYH

Presumably the US will be on the same server as the soft launch countries? Cant imagine them having regional rather than global servers. Thought I was done with re-rolling but back at it again as my second 10 pulls on all yesterdays viable account were total dogshit.

I would think it'd be the same (basically, JPN server and global sever). Never know though, that's the only thing stopping me from starting me rerolling with these other ones, for fear I wouldnt be able to transfer it over

bjork

You play The God of Highschool; anyone know if it's a good anime? The animated opening for the game made it seem really cool for a shonen thing.

I didn't even see this on the shop until today. I'm not familiar with the manga, but I've seen the title on some sites. I might give the game a go, but I can't speak to the source material.

Uthred

God of Highschool is a Korean webcomic IIRC, I read what was out for it a year or two ago, can't really recall it, I have the vague memory of it being solid enough shonen and then the plot went nuts but I dont recall if it was in a good or bad way, sorry that was rather unhelpful.

Dandte

Did 3 multipulls. Ended with one future 6 and a lot of 5* a list chars. will play with this account...i should have saved my gems gor future content, but the desire for kakashi was to strong.

Optc is only so generous because it has the worst skill and ability up ever.

chrono01

Did 3 multipulls. Ended with one future 6 and a lot of 5* a list chars. will play with this account...i should have saved my gems gor future content, but the desire for kakashi was to strong.

The skill-up, I could deal with. However, those sockets...

The sockets actually made me take a break from the game. I expect skill-up's to be somewhat difficult, but when you aim for specific sockets on your characters, and having it be random, it just became increasingly frustrating, especially considering how vital getting certain ones on characters was. :/

MiTYH

Got tired of waiting for Naruto, downloaded bluestacks aaaaaand half the screen is black. Probably because I'm running this on a Mac and it doesn't play nice. Damn.

Well, hope it comes out tonight or at least tomorrow.

The skill-up, I could deal with. However, those sockets...

The sockets actually made me take a break from the game. I expect skill-up's to be somewhat difficult, but when you aim for specific sockets on your characters, and having it be random, it just became increasingly frustrating, especially considering how vital getting certain ones on characters was. :/

Yeah, sockets are my least fun part of the game. Nothing like spending a day farming a fortnight or raid, only to get 0 sockets you need.

Uthred

On the plus side there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of new content, Zabuza and Haku should be added soon but apart from that JPN only just got a new Kakashi so it doesnt seem like your SSR's will be "out-dated" any time soon. I'd actually given up on re-rolling after two fairly disastrous days of it and just decided to play an account I got Gaara on, then on my final of the three 30 stone discount rolls I got Kakashi and (4*) Kabuto. Pretty chuffed with that, would have liked Naruto just for the sake of it but cant complain (also sort of blanked on the fact that a lot of 4* versions can be upgraded to 5*, foolish in retrospect).

Oh. Is there another emulator to run this on if you're and iOS user?

I've only tried Bluestacks myself, I did see someone on reddit mention that they'd used droid4x to run the japanese version so I imagine it should work with the global version.

chrono01

Still no global version for Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Blazing. :/

There's supposedly a Haku event starting in-game soon, so if we don't get it shortly we'll have no chance to even take part in it (not to mention we'd need time starting the game and actually leveling our characters to a level suitable for it). I just wish Namco Bandai would say something as to when we should expect the full release.

Caim

Still no global version for Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Blazing. :/

There's supposedly a Haku event starting in-game soon, so if we don't get it shortly we'll have no chance to even take part in it (not to mention we'd need time starting the game and actually leveling our characters to a level suitable for it). I just wish Namco Bandai would say something as to when we should expect the full release.

Yeah the first raid should be soon. I ended up just starting an account a few days ago. There is also a thing going on right now where your first three multi pulls are discounted (30 instead of 50) I got one of the potential 6* out of my three and I'm not going to bother with rerolling. I'm just really surprised that there has been pretty much no news on when the US will get it.

commish

I gave up waiting for the US Naruto so I downloaded the UK version. Really liking the game so far. I got a Gaara and a Naruto on my first multi pull so I can skip the re-rolling thankfully. It's not the fastest game to re-roll with, that's for sure.

bjork

In that Crows game I was playing, every fed dupe would give a skill up and only like 2 raid guys had a long cooldown, but you could reduce it greatly by evolving them. You could also feed a crow of the same level (4*, 5*, etc) and another non-dupe character of the same level to a guy, and it would power up his passive skills.

It was so glorious, compared to 9 hours of farming Doflamingo dupes for like 4 skill ups. -_-

Uthred

Can't help but feel Mobius's stamina system has ruined other games for me. In Mobius when you level up the new stamina is simply added to your current stamina as opposed to just filling to the new cap. I know wasted stamina is a fairly minor thing, but going back to it in Naruto is vaguely irritating.

Edit: What are the top gacha games at the moment? I imagine the big licenced ones (OPTC, DBZDB & NSUNB) are doing pretty well? Maybe the Final Fantasy ones? Are old stalwarts like Puzzles & Dragons still up there? Are there charts anywhere?

casiopao

Guysss. What Gacha game are u guys playing right now?^_^

Currently, i am playing Hortensia Saga(By Sega) and Cinderella Girl Starlight Stage.

I had played Chain Chronicle before.(sold the account for 35 bucks lol.) and Fate/GO(Also sold for 50 bucks.^^)

Any other game which is relaxing too play?^_^

Li Kao

Currently, i am playing Hortensia Saga(By Sega) and Cinderella Girl Starlight Stage.

I had played Chain Chronicle before.(sold the account for 35 bucks lol.) and Fate/GO(Also sold for 50 bucks.^^)

Hmm, on a daily basis I'm playing...

Granblue Fantasy
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
Mobius Final Fantasy
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing
Not gacha but f2p - Batman: Arkham Underworld

Two precisions -

1/ I'm insane enough to have just begun reading Naruto, because as much as I didn't care for the license, spoiling the plot with a game seemed like a waste.
Planning to do the same with Bleach and One Piece. Now the twist, Naruto is very readable.

2/ A lot of games but any or all could get dropped at any moment notice and being really strained for cash these days I think I'm more or less subconsciously going ham on f2p games.

Edit -
Oh yes, just for the lol, here is what I have yet to try
Shadowverse
One Piece
Bleach
Dragon Ball Dokkan
Final Fantasy Record Keeper
Rune Story
Deckstorn
Chaos Chronicle
Terra Battle
Phantom of the Kill
Heavenstrike
and a few other minor things...

MiTYH

*looks on iOS app store*

*walks away*

This is how I feel. Thankfully it looks like it'll be out tonight/tomorrow. Hopefully we can transfer from the UK version -- I rerolled for a decent account, and have been playing tentatively just in case we can't transfer and I need to reroll again.

Main Games:
One Piece Treasure Cruise
DBZ Dokkan Battle
P&D
FFRecord Keeper
Marvel Puzzle Quest

Play Occassionally:
Bleach Brave Souls
Granblue Fantasy

And soon to add Naruto to (hopefully) the main list!

Mainly F/GO and GBF. Which one is main usually depends on which of them I am in the mood for and focus on at the time. It flip flops constantly.

I did try Mobius FF today and it looks nice, but my device's poo and it just doesn't run well. Might try on an emulator later.

The fact that it "optimizes" itself by not loading textures on creatures and characters makes it impossible to appreciate my Officer Echo and that's like only waifu you get in that gaem, so that's a no go /s

commish

Naruto, Legendary - Game of Heroes (match 3 gacha) and Clash Royale. I played a lot of GBF, and I still think it's the best game of this type, but it just required too much of my time each day. I always think about restarting but haven't yet.

I recently quit FF Exvius. After the first few updates, I decided to just abandon the game, as I didn't like the direction the game was headed. I played a ton of Brave Frontier so I guess I should have been prepared. Maybe I'll go back when there's more content.

Li Kao

This is how I feel. Thankfully it looks like it'll be out tonight/tomorrow. Hopefully we can transfer from the UK version -- I rerolled for a decent account, and have been playing tentatively just in case we can't transfer and I need to reroll again.

Are we sure there will be specific NA servers ?

commish

Are we sure there will be specific NA servers ?

I would be surprised if there were. Other games of this type just put everyone together and you can just transfer your account. Also, all of the global versions of the game seem to be in English.

If we aren't able to transfer accounts, then I'll just keep playing the UK version. Can't give up my Gaara and Naruto.

casiopao

Hmmm. I tried to avoid playing those games based on Anime lol. Like Naruto and One Piece as i wanted to try new IP.

I had played P&D before but i now mostly only play the game on my 3DS.^^

Rune Story also. I kinda lose interest.T_T I still remember pulling Gon, Hisoka and Netero though lol.^^

Granblue Fantasy is one i had been keep hearing here. Does it had good story to follow? As one of the reason i play Hortensia is because the story is really interesting.^^ It is like watching Suikoden story plays.

Mobius simply killed my phone.T_T It is like S-E don't like my phone here.T_T

How is Terra Battle and Phantom of the KIll?( I kinda heard a bad info on Phantom here as i remember Gumi treatment to us CC Global player.T_T)

Li Kao

Granblue Fantasy is one i had been keep hearing here. Does it had good story to follow? As one of the reason i play Hortensia is because the story is really interesting.^^ It is like watching Suikoden story plays.

I would go as far as saying that the story is one of the strong points of the game. Don't expect anything new, but I think it wouldn't look bad in a classic RPG story. Which is more than I could say about the shameful mess Square Enix puts out.
But yeah, it's a huge time sink and I don't know for how long I will enjoy the ride. Still one of the very few best gacha game.

bjork

I gave the Jojo game another try and I gotta say, it's fun. I'm in the middle of a Jojo kick so that might be part of it, but I've been slowly plugging away at it and it's fun. I feel like there are a bunch of other games just like it, but the only one that comes to mind is the Kinnikuman game.

kewlmyc

Only Tales of Link. Put too much money into it to stop. Sadly the latest update, while doing a lot of good, left the game a buggy mess that constantly crashes.

Top Bottom