• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hmmm. I tried to avoid playing those games based on Anime lol. Like Naruto and One Piece as i wanted to try new IP.

The IP is one of top reasons why these games are great. I am LOVING the Naruto game because I love(d?) the IP. I've watched Naruto for years, so it's fun to play as the characters through the story arcs.

Actively playing:
PAD NA
PAD JP

Play when there's something interesting going on:
Dragon Poker
Show By Rock

Faygo
Granblue
Monster Strike
PAD TW

I might drop one or two of my PAD accounts. I can really only "full time" two or three games at once (Monster Hunter Generations included), and I am running out of willpower to keep track of the intersecting demands of each region.

casiopao

The IP is one of top reasons why these games are great. I am LOVING the Naruto game because I love(d?) the IP. I've watched Naruto for years, so it's fun to play as the characters through the story arcs.

Haha. I am had enough of the IP with all the manga/anime and game. So, i wanted to experience a totally new experience.^^

A bit sad that there is zero who played Hortensia here.^_^

Li Kao

Panzer Waltz, a seemingly Chinese (?) knockoff (?) of Kancolle with tanks (?) is out in the US appstore. Should I be excite, GAF ? As a frustrated non player of kancolle I would very much like to be excite.

How is this game actually? I only know about it because of the anime but I've always been curious. Is it fun?
Plays like Guitar Hero, with three lanes. My main beef with the game is that at 6* and higher difficulty they expect you to be able to hit notes on all three lanes simultaneously. On a phone that's not something I find comfortable doing.

Asides from that the songs are alright, the tracks are fun, every character is a furry for whatever reason, and gacha rates put UR cards at 2.5%. You just missed a relaunch event where you could "reroll" for any UR in the game up to 20 times a day until you got one you liked, but I think you can still get a free UR ticket as a new player promo.

Uthred

Guysss. What Gacha game are u guys playing right now?^_^

Mostly Granblue Fantasy, added Mobius Final Fantasy and Naruto to the "main rotation"

Picked up Bleach Brave Souls again, theres a few others on a "secondary rotation"

Fantasy War Tactics - Good SRPG gameplay, unbelievable grind, annoying P2W stuff, dropped it for a few months but re-installed it yesterday

DBZ Dokkan Battle - Love the IP, but the game itself is pretty shite in terms of actual gameplay and the power creep means it often makes more sense to abandon your old account to re-roll for the new super unit

One Piece Treasure Cruise - Fun gameplay, dont recall why I dropped it, I think its the fact that a game this grindy should have an auto function, it takes too much time

Dragon Blaze - Looks lovely, virtually no-gameplay, super grindy, put months into it and then just stopped cold turkey because it was the same thing again and again, playing the game manually often felt disadvantageous

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
kwPWciv.png

Active: One Piece
Semi-active: Drift Girls; top 10 player in Global, not much to do now, surprised it's still alive
Active: Dragon Ball Z
iAdGCX4.png

Active: Three Kingdoms Smash; Monster Strike clone with art of sexy women; hard as fuck endgame, horrible pull rates, multiplayer meta clashes with PvP meta
Semi-active: Valkyria Connect; it's popular ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Semi-active: Mobius FF; hard to get into again
3QRmaDH.png

Dead: KHUx; will delete after 1 year
Dead: Terra Battle; will delete when Kozaki event comes

Li Kao

So no opinion about Panzer Waltz ? Anyone ? I'm curious ffs.
Yeah I know I could download it but I also tend to hate cheap knockoffs, so if the game isn't good I would very much like to not try it at all. But at the same time I want a wacky f2p with waifu slash random weapon and Kancolle hasn't discovered the west.

chrono01

Haku event supposedly starts tonight in Naruto, and the game still isn't available in iOS stores. I'm getting really tired of waiting, I'm tempted to just ignore the game entirely.

MiTYH

Haku event supposedly starts tonight in Naruto, and the game still isn't available in iOS stores. I'm getting really tired of waiting, I'm tempted to just ignore the game entirely.

I know iOS normally updates wednesdays normally, usually midday-nighttime. It's only 24 hours, max, I hope, to get the game. No sense throwing away a fun game on that principle! Playing the UK, it's fun for sure, and easy to level up a lot, and rerolling isn't terrible.

Uthred

Games down for maintenance again, for another ten hours or so. The banner for Haku has been "Coming soon" since launch, I cant imagine them launching it before its fully out

chrono01

I know iOS normally updates wednesdays normally, usually midday-nighttime. It's only 24 hours, max, I hope, to get the game. No sense throwing away a fun game on that principle! Playing the UK, it's fun for sure, and easy to level up a lot, and rerolling isn't terrible.
It just upsets me that the game has (technically) been available for a week now, with an event starting before we're even likely to be able to download the game for ourselves (without creating an Apple account for another region).

If they want to delay release in other regions while it's "soft-launch" or whatever, that's fine. However, don't begin a limited-time event, where you need decently-leveled characters to participate in, not to mention an active account, before it's fully available. Even if the event lasts a week, I'll be missing out on the points I obtain to rank in the higher slots (not that I'd have a chance anyway, with other regions having a week headstart on me). :/

Games down for maintenance again, for another ten hours or so. The banner for Haku has been "Coming soon" since launch, I cant imagine them launching it before its fully out
Reddit seems to believe the event begins after maintenance, but then...it is Reddit, haha.

I know a lot of people are excited for it, given that some have been playing for a while due to it being available earlier for them, but there were some who weren't as fortunate. :(

Edit:

Never mind, the game is now released on iOS (both the US and Canada). I just searched and found it. Whew! If you can't find it, search for it under Namco Bandai themselves.

I need to put in a lot of time re-rolling once servers come up, to prepare for the event. It's been confirmed to start immediately after maintenance, so I don't think I'll be able to participate much in it.

MiTYH

Yup, game is out in NA! And you can transfer from the UK one easily, so that's nice.

Someone should probably make an OT for the game.

Also, you definitely can participate in the event. The interesting thing about this game is there's multiplayer, and you can join in for no stamina. You get no EXP if you don't host, but you do get items and drops. Ramen cups are the EXP fodder, and there's at least one type of them available per day, so you can mooch/host those to get EXP quick. Focus on one good unit, and others will take you on in the event raids

commish

Here's my Naruto ID if anyone wants to add.

Currently using a near max 6 star Gaara.

Just let me know if you add me. Get many requests and don't want to add non GAF

Stider

Starting early definitely is a big advantage so far. Farming the 2nd difficulty for Haku and have had 5 drop from 6/7 runs. Now to keep going for an easy way to pad out a heart team.

What's the best strategy for leveling up your characters? I started with a 5* Kakashi, but I'm struggling to get him leveled. How in the world do you guys already have maxed 6* characters?

MiTYH

What's the best strategy for leveling up your characters? I started with a 5* Kakashi, but I'm struggling to get him leveled. How in the world do you guys already have maxed 6* characters?

When it first launched, there were ramen bowl quests and Ryo (money) quests, and scroll quests for evolving. Basically, get exp, get money, feed to level up, repeat until ready to evolve

When it first launched, there were ramen bowl quests and Ryo (money) quests, and scroll quests for evolving. Basically, get exp, get money, feed to level up, repeat until ready to evolve

Yeah, finally figured out where the Ramen emergency missions were. Those are great, since you get a ton of EXP and you get exp items. Things are going much smoother now.

udivision

Played enough multi to get all the pearls needed to do all three of the 30 pearl multi pull.

I didn't get any of the top characters.

Can't reroll on iOS as far as I know, so.... I guess I "lost"?

bjork

Played enough multi to get all the pearls needed to do all three of the 30 pearl multi pull.

Isn't it just a matter of a delete and reinstall?

commish

I'd reroll. Takes a bit of time but ultimately worth it, since it's "free" rolls. You really only need one of the top characters.

chrono01

I'm still re-rolling in Naruto. So far I managed a Naruto pull in one account, and a Sasuke in the other. I'm aiming for Kakashi or (preferably) Gaara though, along with a nice support unit if I can (Kabuto, Sakura, etc.). It's only a 10-15 minute re-roll and the rates seem "okay", so it's not too bad.

That being said, if I can get two future 6* characters in the first multi (regardless of not being Kakashi or Gaara), I'll stick with it.

Uthred

I'm still re-rolling in Naruto. So far I managed a Naruto pull in one account, and a Sasuke in the other. I'm aiming for Kakashi or (preferably) Gaara though, along with a nice support unit if I can (Kabuto, Sakura, etc.). It's only a 10-15 minute re-roll and the rates seem "okay", so it's not too bad.

That being said, if I can get two future 6* characters in the first multi (regardless of not being Kakashi or Gaara), I'll stick with it.

It might be worth pushing on to the second and/or third 30 stone multi-pulls on accounts where you get a future 6* in your initial pull. Its a bit slower than re-rolling but not by a huge amount.

chrono01

It might be worth pushing on to the second and/or third 30 stone multi-pulls on accounts where you get a future 6* in your initial pull. Its a bit slower than re-rolling but not by a huge amount.
Yah, I might start doing that. I assume co-op is still the best way after the initial multi to get pearls?

MiTYH

Yah, I might start doing that. I assume co-op is still the best way after the initial multi to get pearls?

It is. Basically my idea is if you get an okay pull on the first one (kikashi/gaara/kabuto), go for a second. I recommend going through story mode and hosting, that way you get the 5-pearl bonus when you finish a chapter. Plus they're easy so if you have a 5-star lead you can take anyone in from coop

chrono01

It is. Basically my idea is if you get an okay pull on the first one (kikashi/gaara/kabuto), go for a second. I recommend going through story mode and hosting, that way you get the 5-pearl bonus when you finish a chapter. Plus they're easy so if you have a 5-star lead you can take anyone in from coop
Thanks, I'll keep at it then.

Still no other 6* yet, but I won't give up!

Edit: Anyway, I'm running through story mode co-op, as advised, but I'm not receiving any story scenes. Is that normal? I'd hate to miss those...

Edit #2: Never mind, if I run it again on single player, I can see them. I got to my second multi, after receiving Neji/Kabuto on my first...and nothing. I think it's faster for me to just re-roll on my first multi, unless I get a 6* again.

Stider

I only have 1 6* potential unit but decided to keep going as my first multi also gave me 5* Sakura and 4*s Neji, Hinata and Kabuto. 2nd roll gave me Jiraiya and 2 Neji's as the better units.

chrono01

I only have 1 6* potential unit but decided to keep going as my first multi also gave me 5* Sakura and 4*s Neji, Hinata and Kabuto. 2nd roll gave me Jiraiya and 2 Neji's as the better units.
I got 6* Naruto in my first multi-pull, and Kabuto in my second. Oddly enough, I don't actually want the MC in this game, since I find Naruto's 6* to be relatively weak. I want Gaara or Kakashi, since they're neutral types. I especially want Gaara for that range!

Oh well, if I don't get anything in my third multi, I'll re-roll.

casiopao

Hortensia looks pretty good but was it released in the U.S?

At least it is coming to my country lol(Indonesia) With English subs too.^_^ So u can try the game when it come out. I probably will stay in Japanese server though.T_T I had been kinda whaling a bit in JP server.T_T

Hortensia Saga? Don't think it's out in the US. The game itself is not too bad but the game has a ton of story. That's actually the appeal of the game IMO

Yup. It had soo many story.
1. Main Story
2. Gaiden(Side Story)
3. Character Story
4. Event story.(Raid event)

Another pull of the game is the GvG(Guild vs Guild portion) which happen twice a day. If u are a competitive player, this game is going tor reward u a lot.^_^ Also the game is quite fair with limit breaking a hero. U can just get a single card and then max the level by collecting crystal which is equal to a single same card.^^

casiopao

kwPWciv.png

Active: One Piece
Semi-active: Drift Girls; top 10 player in Global, not much to do now, surprised it's still alive
Active: Dragon Ball Z
iAdGCX4.png

Active: Three Kingdoms Smash; Monster Strike clone with art of sexy women; hard as fuck endgame, horrible pull rates, multiplayer meta clashes with PvP meta
Semi-active: Valkyria Connect; it's popular ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Semi-active: Mobius FF; hard to get into again
3QRmaDH.png

Dead: KHUx; will delete after 1 year
Dead: Terra Battle; will delete when Kozaki event comes

Lol that Three Kingdoms Smash. U are waifuing urself greatly lol.^_^

Edit: Dopost again.T_T

chrono01

Nope, no Gaara/Kakashi on my multi.

Re-roll time! I'm never doing the grind to the third multi again though, it's too much of a drain.

commish

I got 6* Naruto in my first multi-pull, and Kabuto in my second. Oddly enough, I don't actually want the MC in this game, since I find Naruto's 6* to be relatively weak. I want Gaara or Kakashi, since they're neutral types. I especially want Gaara for that range!

Oh well, if I don't get anything in my third multi, I'll re-roll.

Those are two worth keeping. I wouldn't re-roll but do as you please:)

chrono01

Those are two worth keeping. I wouldn't re-roll but do as you please:)
Already did, no regrets.

With gatcha games, I always hate "settling" when you'd prefer something else. I want Gaara (or Kakashi) quite a bit, so I know if I went with an account without them, I'd regret it later. Kabuto is nice, but he's a silver unit, so he shouldn't be that difficult to obtain with time. Hopefully. If I managed another decent character with my third multi I probably would have kept, but I didn't. Not even a Neji. :/

Anyway, the re-roll's continue!

casiopao

Nope, no Gaara/Kakashi on my multi.

Re-roll time! I'm never doing the grind to the third multi again though, it's too much of a drain.

Lol, u guys sure had the power to keep rerolling there.^^ I remember the bad experience in Hortensia early on, keep trying to reroll for SSR lol.

commish

Already did, no regrets.

With gatcha games, I always hate "settling" when you'd prefer something else. I want Gaara (or Kakashi) quite a bit, so I know if I went with an account without them, I'd regret it later. Kabuto is nice, but he's a silver unit, so he shouldn't be that difficult to obtain with time. Hopefully. If I managed another decent character with my third multi I probably would have kept, but I didn't. Not even a Neji. :/

Anyway, the re-roll's continue!

I have Naruto, Gaara, Sasuke, Neji, etc on my account but honestly Kabuto is probably my MVP. Try to get him if you can. You can always borrow a Gaara. And I totally understand re-rolling for the characters you want. Gaara is one of my favorite characters in any medium so I'd have re-rolled until I got him.

And Neji is amazing!

casiopao

I'm always this way with gatcha games, haha. It's not especially fun, but I can't help myself.

Haha. It's cool man. U makes me remember of my cousin lol. He always reroll at least till he got 2 SSR. I mean, he had that patient to reroll for 3 whole days lol which if me, will make me insane lol.T_T

chrono01

I have Naruto, Gaara, Sasuke, Neji, etc on my account but honestly Kabuto is probably my MVP. Try to get him if you can. You can always borrow a Gaara. And I totally understand re-rolling for the characters you want. Gaara is one of my favorite characters in any medium so I'd have re-rolled until I got him.

And Neji is amazing!
Yeah, Gaara is my primary target. If I can get him, I'll be happy. I'll absolutely try for Kabuto though, with the 30 pearl summons, there's no reason why I shouldn't go for all three (unless I get ridiculously lucky early on).

Haha. It's cool man. U makes me remember of my cousin lol. He always reroll at least till he got 2 SSR. I mean, he had that patient to reroll for 3 whole days lol which if me, will make me insane lol.T_T
I'd be lying if I said I didn't re-roll for at least three days before. I'm determined, if nothing else, haha.

casiopao

Yeah, Gaara is my primary target. If I can get him, I'll be happy. I'll absolutely try for Kabuto though, with the 30 pearl summons, there's no reason why I shouldn't go for all three (unless I get ridiculously lucky early on).

I'd be lying if I said I didn't re-roll for at least three days before. I'm determined, if nothing else, haha.

I also reroll for 2 days straight for a single SSR in Cinderella Girls lol.^^

Actually, playing this gacha game is kinda profitable lol. I mean, getting 35 bucks for a 8 months account or 60 bucks for 2 SSR account in F/GO is something i can't imagine getting lol.

Jeffrey

What are the good global released 'gacha' games in terms of relatively f2p friendly in terms of gacha rates/promos, community, developer community interaction, game depth?

Brave frontier is pretty much the only game that hooked me and im pretty much done with that content wise for a while.

caught up with content in FFBE.

casiopao

What are the good global released 'gacha' games in terms of relatively f2p friendly in terms of gacha rates/promos, community, developer community interaction, game depth?

Brave frontier is pretty much the only game that hooked me and im pretty much done with that content wise for a while.

caught up with content in FFBE.

Rune Story is quite good.^^

chrono01

I just got Kakashi on my first multi-pull. If I can manage another nice character out of my two following multi-pull, I'm keeping.

I did my second multi-pull and got 5* Kiba (ugh!), Shizune (healer, not as good as Kabuto but still on the A-Rank list), and Neji. I'll progress onward for my third (and final) discount pull, but I think I'll be settling with this. I'm getting really tired of re-rolling, it's been several hours now and it requires me attention to do. I also have Jiraiya (who should be better than he is).

Edit:

Final update!

I did my third multi-summon and...didn't get Kabuto. I did get a range of other characters though.

On the tier-list:

S-Tier:

Kakashi

A-Tier:

Tayuya (Sealer)
Shikamaru Nara (Delay)
Shizune (Healer)
Neji (Sealer + Damage Dealer)

B-Tier:

Jiraiya

I would have liked Kabuto, but after spending a good portion of the day (and last night) re-rolling for either Kakashi or Gaara, I think I'm going to call it here. I have a mix of characters with differing abilities and, while I would have liked another future 6*, we are receiving that guaranteed 6* in the next several weeks so I'll have another chance there. Kabuto is a 4* base, so I'm hoping he'll come to me with time. At least I have Shizune who's "decent" at healing, and it's not exactly needed at this point in the game so much.

So yes, I guess feel free to add me. I'm currently leading with Kakashi and leveling him up as quickly as possible through the daily. My ID is 584,390,460,413.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Lol that Three Kingdoms Smash. U are waifuing urself greatly lol.^_^

Edit: Dopost again.T_T
I started playing it because my favorite gravure idol was playing it. :p
They are also very aware with their image having only done collabs with Ikkitousen and Senran Kagura. I'm not very familiar with the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but these names sound familiar; they sometimes have a male and female version and the female is always way better in-game, no matter how badass the males look.
I just love the art. :3

Zafir

I just got Kakashi on my first multi-pull. If I can manage another nice character out of my two following multi-pull, I'm keeping.

I did my second multi-pull and got 5* Kiba (ugh!), Shizune (healer, not as good as Kabuto but still on the A-Rank list), and Neji. I'll progress onward for my third (and final) discount pull, but I think I'll be settling with this. I'm getting really tired of re-rolling, it's been several hours now and it requires me attention to do. I also have Jiraiya (who should be better than he is).

Edit:

Final update!

I did my third multi-summon and...didn't get Kabuto. I did get a range of other characters though.

On the tier-list:

S-Tier:

Kakashi

A-Tier:

Tayuya (Sealer)
Shikamaru Nara (Delay)
Shizune (Healer)
Neji (Sealer + Damage Dealer)

B-Tier:

Jiraiya

I would have liked Kabuto, but after spending a good portion of the day (and last night) re-rolling for either Kakashi or Gaara, I think I'm going to call it here. I have a mix of characters with differing abilities and, while I would have liked another future 6*, we are receiving that guaranteed 6* in the next several weeks so I'll have another chance there. Kabuto is a 4* base, so I'm hoping he'll come to me with time. At least I have Shizune who's "decent" at healing, and it's not exactly needed at this point in the game so much.

So yes, I guess feel free to add me. I'm currently leading with Kakashi and leveling him up as quickly as possible through the daily. My ID is 584,390,460,413.
Yeah similar experience. I ended up also just sticking with Kakashi and a bunch of decent 5*'s(No Kabuto though).

I just don't have the tenacity for constant re-rolling, an evening and half a day of re-rolling was enough.

Top Bottom