• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

FGO is definitely my biggest gacha disappointment. I don't see how the gameplay could ever be interesting in it, with the system they have.

They start doing a lot of stuff with the battle engine as the game goes on.

Really, what needs to happen is that the JP F/GO client just needs to get an English option ala Granblue. Waiting for the good content to hit other servers just isn't going to work. The early game just wasn't nearly as interesting and it's a bit of a miracle F/GO got as far as it did.

Kitoro

Question for all the gacha veterans here:

Do you typically prefer gacha games to have transfer codes/passwords to screenshot and save for when you need to recover your account for any reason, or do you prefer to have a Google Plus or Facebook account sync platform to safely link your account to? Also, what's the reasoning behind your answer?

Thanks!

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Are there many active gacha games that aren't necessarily RPG/Combat based? I've recently played Crash Fever, LLSIF and Eagle Fantasy Golf. I want to try some other gacha games in unorthodox genres.

Question for all the gacha veterans here:

Do you typically prefer gacha games to have transfer codes/passwords to screenshot and save for when you need to recover your account for any reason, or do you prefer to have a Google Plus or Facebook account sync platform to safely link your account to? Also, what's the reasoning behind your answer?

Thanks!
A single "once in a lifetime" Transfer ID + Password for the account is the best way to go, but only if it works with multiple devices without having to uninstall/reinstall the app each damn time.
(some games still does that, and very annoying when switching)

Facebook or Google Plus sync is shit, and hated by most people.

Kitoro

A single "once in a lifetime" Transfer ID + Password for the account is the best way to go, but only if it works with multiple devices without having to uninstall/reinstall the app each damn time.
(some games still does that, and very annoying when switching)

Facebook or Google Plus sync is shit, and hated by most people.

Hmm... Do you know of any games off the top of your head that allow multiple devices to access it without having to perform a transfer that disables the app on the other end?

All the games with transfer codes that I can remember require the player to transfer back to another device, and then perform the transfer again to the other device when desired.

chrono01

Hmm... Do you know of any games off the top of your head that allow multiple devices to access it without having to perform a transfer that disables the app on the other end?

All the games with transfer codes that I can remember require the player to transfer back to another device, and then perform the transfer again to the other device when desired.
The original Terra Battle has it, and I'm hopeful the sequel does as well. Nice being able to play it on the PC as well as mobile, having the data constantly sync'd between the two.

Kitoro

The original Terra Battle has it, and I'm hopeful the sequel does as well. Nice being able to play it on the PC as well as mobile, having the data constantly sync'd between the two.

Ah, that's right!

If you buy energy on, say, the Android version, I'd assume you'd not be able to use them on the PC version, and vice versa?

Speaking of which, what does one use to pay for energy on the PC version, since it's not iOS or Android? PayPal?

Lastly, has Terra Battle been hacked a lot on PC, since I assume it's much easier to do than on mobile operating systems?

Thanks!

chrono01

Ah, that's right!

If you buy energy on, say, the Android version, I'd assume you'd not be able to use them on the PC version, and vice versa?

Speaking of which, what does one use to pay for energy on the PC version, since it's not iOS or Android? PayPal?

Lastly, has Terra Battle been hacked a lot on PC, since I assume it's much easier to do than on mobile operating systems?

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure you can share Energy between the PC and mobile versions, so if you bought it through mobile you should be able to use it on the PC too (I haven't tried it personally, though). I'm not entirely sure how you purchase energy on the PC version (since it's Japan-only), but if the sync acts like I suspect, it should be as I said prior and you'd just buy it through the mobile and use it on the PC (if you so desire).

I don't believe the PC version of TB has been hacked, since it's not a single download but run through a client (AndApp). I could be wrong on that, but at least I don't recall mentions of it being hacked.

yuuki

I'm pretty sure you can share Energy between the PC and mobile versions, so if you bought it through mobile you should be able to use it on the PC too (I haven't tried it personally, though). I'm not entirely sure how you purchase energy on the PC version (since it's Japan-only), but if the sync acts like I suspect, it should be as I said prior and you'd just buy it through the mobile and use it on the PC (if you so desire).

I don't believe the PC version of TB has been hacked, since it's not a single download but run through a client (AndApp). I could be wrong on that, but at least I don't recall mentions of it being hacked.

isnt and app a really basic android emu through?

chrono01

isnt and app a really basic android emu through?
Not sure whether it's Android-based or not, since I'm not good with technical stuff like that. :(

Aha, thanks so much!

Can the Global/English version of Terra Battle be played on PC? Is that through AndApp, as well?
Yeah, you can play it on PC in English, but only through AndApp. The app itself is Japanese, but it's easy enough to understand/get it up and running. Once you start the actual TB application, you choose English upon start-up and you're good-to-go. We hope/assume TB2 will be the same way, but AndApp won't be used but the DMM website instead (might have to use a proxy for DMM though, since they region lock their games depending on your IP).

Jeffrey

I like Facebook sync. Mean I can play on multiple decides easily. I often buy currency on play store or Amazon store because I have credit or it's cheaper, but pretty much all gacha games are poorly optimized on Android so i play them on iOS.

TCTF Agent

Neo Member
There is something really wrong in this game.
I did try it, got my way to chapter 2 stage 6 and player level that time was 12.

That stage 2-6 gives 450 premium currency so one can make 500 costing multipull. I got 2 x R and 1 SR (tank).

Yesterday I went to event, my units are level 12 (unit max level is same than your player level). Event says "Easy", going in, first enemy (not sure if it was boss) one shots my unit (healer), after some turns I try to make some damage without success to it. Then it one shots my tank hp 100% -> 0%. Few turns later it kills my dps with one hit.

"Easy"

In those +10 turns the damage I made opponent was pitiful, enemy had >90% hp left.

Open beta where they gladly take your money (no I didn't use money) and say that event stage is easy then boss ohko your units.

Deleted.

To be honest it sounded like you entered a quest where the recommended level was 20. Only reason why you'd struggle to do damage to the boss, especially if the event is what I think it was and you entered the character mineral event.

In regards to getting blown out apart from the level difference it sounded like you used an action that triggered an enemy reaction. When you check an enemy for its hp and shield you can see if thay enemy will react to certain actions. All you need to do is avoid meeting the reaction condition and it's easy enough to win.

As for pushing for money it's pretty disingenuous to put Sdorica in that category of gacha game. Sdorica has no stamina meter and no punishment for failing a stage. Instead, most event stages are cleared after your first success (or more) of the day and the game doesn't offer stage refreshes. Instead Sdorica encourages people to play in short bursts each day. Even the gacha system for character minerals is a secondary thing because almost every character is viable at their base level (a case could be made for Jahan to need his passive, but he's the only one so far).

If you quit, that's your call. I just feel with new games that mechanics need to ne explained to avoid incorrect information from floating around.

Tldr: Sdorica's not a money grubber by any means. Pay attention to level and enemy mechanics and it's simple enough to beat the stages you can because there's no penalty for failure.

Pachael

I like Facebook sync. Mean I can play on multiple decides easily. I often buy currency on play store or Amazon store because I have credit or it's cheaper, but pretty much all gacha games are poorly optimized on Android so i play them on iOS.

Same. I prefer this so that I can jump easily to my old phone and keep playing the game whilst the new phone is charging / casting / et cetera. Two I play using this method are FE Heroes and FF BE.

They start doing a lot of stuff with the battle engine as the game goes on.

Really, what needs to happen is that the JP F/GO client just needs to get an English option ala Granblue. Waiting for the good content to hit other servers just isn't going to work. The early game just wasn't nearly as interesting and it's a bit of a miracle F/GO got as far as it did.

Not quite, as Granblue doesn't have country Play Store access. Luckily for that game, you can still play through any web browser / ChromeApp due to its web/mobage origins. The best game to do this is actually FE Heroes, that has the worldwide servers and day and date localised updates with every region. The downside on that, is that it's narratively really thin compared to other RPGs. Hopefully that improves soon.

As for FGO, it's mostly from fan passion that it's succeeded but as a game I'm finding it sort-a fun (narrative is another thing, but reserve judgment as I hear the good stuff happens in the later chapters)

Sölf

So, if anyone wants to check out Kingdom Hearts Union Cross, global players just got 15k jewels out of nowehere because KHs 15th release anniversary in the US. You need 3k jewels for a 10-pull and we often get mercy medals after 5 pulls (the current banner gives you one, for example).

FGO is definitely my biggest gacha disappointment. I don't see how the gameplay could ever be interesting in it, with the system they have.

I was only really expecting a good story though, and the tiny amount of post-prologue story it had ended up being a mess.

Jesus, you obviously haven't done the Nero fest Challenges

linkent

after dayssssss of rerolling Terra Battle 2 for an SS.

finally got 1.
and the next roll.....

Hw1kDA6.png

2 same SS in a row. -_-

Z3M0G

I have found the Loot ARPG to rule them all... Devilion

This is after playing so many other ARPGs with Diablo-style loot... but this is the best one I have found.

- ALL gear slots (except for accessories) are cosmetic and change the appearance of your character
- You also have Costume slots as well which can "override" the look of the Weapon/Head/Body slots, but you can keep the Costume gear equipped for the benefits and disable the Look of it if you prefer the look of the base gear slot instead
- Costume items are RNG pulls just like normal gear, but you don't get Costume items as drops from missions, only normal gear
- Skill system is pretty awesome, you have a two sets of skills that you swap between while one set is in cool-down... between your Normal form and your Devil form
- Some Bosses you defeat become your Devil form attacks as "summons"
- There are "Devilstones" to equip onto your Devil skill slots, and "Seals" to equip into slots on your gear for buffs
- Some daily challenges require manual play and can be challenging
- Produced by Bluehole and there are Tera influences all over this
- Game runs silky smooth and has a performance sliders if needed (i'm running good on Max visuals)
- VERY minimal lobby UI... no clutter of icons... Campaign screen showcases the bosses of each mission as your VS opponent, which is a nice touch

As soon as I finished the first chapter of this game, I deleted 2 other ARPGs I had on the go... this game shat all over them. The only other ARPG I have installed is Kritika since I have so many costumes unlocked... but I'm not playing it so I may let go soon.

This and King's Raid are my daily fun.

One of 3 characters you can choose (the one I play):

Combat:

Main menu (close to exact, some icons were moved to other side of screen):

Inventory screen (Costume tab is missing here):

Z3M0G

Devilian looks a lot like Taichi Panda. Is it similar with the whole VIP bullshit?

Not sure... I always ignore VIP in these games... it doesn't throw it in your face, that's for sure.

I did have a full-screen pop-up ad ONE TIME in the middle of a session, which was strange...

Actually... checking now, I can't find ANYTHING like VIP in the shop... everything is single purchases using Gems, which the game is throwing at me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Not sure... I always ignore VIP in these games... it doesn't throw it in your face, that's for sure.

I did have a full-screen pop-up ad ONE TIME in the middle of a session, which was strange...

Actually... checking now, I can't find ANYTHING like VIP in the shop... everything is single purchases using Gems, which the game is throwing at me.

Interesting, thanks. I might check it out. I played it on Steam when it first came out pretty obsessively. If the mobile version is decent, it could be a nice time waster.

Jeffrey

Spent like $120 on Sao lol. Forgotten the shitty feeling after spending on gacha with less than amazing pulls!

Haven't spent on gacha in general this year lol. Bf was the thing but that got dull. Everything else has awful rates.

Z3M0G

Interesting, thanks. I might check it out. I played it on Steam when it first came out pretty obsessively. If the mobile version is decent, it could be a nice time waster.

I just unlocked a new challenge tower which is pretty cool too... there is a central "heart", and you must take down surrounding towers one by one to lower its defenses. Against a clock for rank. Pretty cool!

Yah... this game is absolutely shitting on other Mobile ARPGs I've tried so far... I unlocked PvP but I haven't tried it yet... you can set PVE and PVP specific loadouts too.

chrono01

I believe Terra Battle 2 app is available to download on ios, but can't play until tomorrow.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/terra-battle-2/id1259172369?mt=8
Oh man, it'll be playable tomorrow night? HYPE!

I still need to wait and see if I can redeem/transfer my earned character from DMM to mobile, here's hoping I can. Regardless, I guess I can re-roll on iOS and then transfer my account to DMM (assuming it's possible), redeem the character, claim it, and then log into the mobile version and it SHOULD be there. Re-rolling on the DMM version would likely be a headache, as it's web-based (from what I know) so you'd need to create a new email/account each time, as opposed to simply downloading/uninstalling to re-roll.

I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow!

Rixa

Who is going to make OT for TB2? As EU peasant I need to ride with apk. Should not be the problem, since I have apk for TB1 too. Only issue might be to get updates later.

chrono01

Who is going to make OT for TB2? As EU peasant I need to ride with apk. Should not be the problem, since I have apk for TB1 too. Only issue might be to get updates later.
I believe duckroll said he'd be making one, but I'm not 100% sure.

Azusa

The Alchemist Code is out. Staggered release.

https://www.facebook.com/thealchemistcode/photos/a.285227358626546.1073741828.247489375733678/290333771449238/?type=3&theater said:
This is the start of something great! The Alchemist Code is NOW AVAILABLE in Sweden! Get your rewards by logging in daily!
Stay tuned for more updates by visiting the official forums (http://forums.gumi.sg/thealchemistcode) as The Alchemist Code will be out for Global release in due time!

ot is already up before you asked the question :p http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435371

always find it a bit weird when companies do staggered release and start in some random country first instead of the usual big ones

Rixa

I believe duckroll said he'd be making one, but I'm not 100% sure.

ot is already up before you asked the question :p http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435371

always find it a bit weird when companies do staggered release and start in some random country first instead of the usual big ones

Waiting for APK. But I would prefer PC release now.

Damn, I thought this would be another early Canadian release, but no luck just yet.

Maybe soon!

Thank you all for ot info.
Time to get apk for A.Code.

Edit: Gumi's FF:Brave Exvius was soft launched in Sweden only (too).

Rixa

should I bother with reroll in alchemist code... hrmmm

There is step up system, so I think rerolling is not needed.

Step up characters are: Chloe & Zahar. Both are 5*

Step 1: 10 summon for 500 (usual cost 2000)
Step 2: 10 summon for 1500
Step 3: 10 summon for normal (2000) price with featured unit

If you want to reroll, maybe do after Step 1.

chrono01

There is step up system, so I think rerolling is not needed.

Step up characters are: Chloe & Zahar. Both are 5*

Step 1: 10 summon for 500 (usual cost 2000)
Step 2: 10 summon for 1500
Step 3: 10 summon for normal (2000) price with featured unit

If you want to reroll, maybe do after Step 1.
I LOVE STEP UP GACHA!

Seriously, knowing you'll get at least something out of your pulls is great.

Azusa

should I bother with reroll in alchemist code... hrmmm

First of all you need to try the game. Maybe its boring and rerolling will be just a waste of time.

I LOVE STEP UP GACHA!

I love step up too. But this game has bundles with a lot of things + gems. I feel like they will throw it every update and its not very healthy.

linkent

Rixa

I LOVE STEP UP GACHA!

First of all you need to try the game. Maybe its boring and rerolling will be just a waste of time.

I love step up too. But this game has bundles with a lot of things + gems. I feel like they will throw it every update and its not very healthy.

thanks!

Surprisingly it's Gumi, guess they are not as confident without the FF IP.

Gumi soft launch game with gumibugs and few screenies:

That "Connecting" text is always there. Day changed middle of tutorial.

Azusa

I didn one free rare roll and got 4*.

Im trying the game and so far I feel that battles are too long. I will check TB2 later and if it will have faster and fun battles I will drop alchemist.

Top Bottom