• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

chrono01

OT? there is tb2 OT?
Sorry, I meant the OT for TB1.

duckroll did mention making an OT for TB2, but obviously that won't be up until a bit closer to launch.

Sell me on tb2. What makes it different from 1? Looks kinda similar from footage but I didn't play 1 much
What has me interested are the more in-depth character customization (equipping gear/Guardians) to your characters, as well as the world map you navigate while battling enemies (along with hidden passageways that lead to chests and the like). It just seems more expansive, and not just a simple "click a map, battle enemies, click another map, get a story and then battle some enemies, rinse/repeat". Looks more like a full-fledged game. You can also shift the enemies around now as well (no more frustration when they're pinned on the side), similar to how you shift your allies.

Granted, I haven't done too much research into the game, so I don't know a lot beyond that. We do have a lot of rewards coming to us when it launches, so I'd say it's worth jumping in to see if it's something you like just in-case.

Neat, thanks chrono.

I don't know if I'll even play it, but at the very least it'll settle my pulling impulses.
No worries man, hope you get something good (even if you don't end up sticking with the game)!

For those that don't follow the OT, Terra Battle 2 will be releasing September 14th, both in Japan as well as Globally. They have a pre-registration going on right now (that's secondary to the initial pre-registration, where you can earn yourself a Hiso as well as unlock a bunch of additional goodies), where you can roll on online gacha five times a day (+ another five if you send out a tweet after linking your account to one) for characters, including three SS ones.

The website is in Japanese, and it's for the PC version of TB2, and there's no guarantee that it'll be valid for the Global game when it hits. Since it's a shared server however, I'm sure you'll be able to redeem it on the Japanese client and log into the Global one and still have earned it (that's the way the PC/mobile versions of TB1 worked, anyway). Or maybe they'll have it so you can redeem the code right in the mobile app, there's no way in telling until it releases.

Regardless, it's worth doing if you're even a little interested in trying out TB2, as it only takes a few minutes in the day to do. Here's the website (first you need to create a DMM account).

http://igetgacha-netgame.dmm.com/campaign/show/terra2

Click the orange button on the page, link your twitter account, and roll. You can save your last pull or continue saving your previous, so if you manage to get an S character keep trying for an SS one. You have nothing to lose, as you won't lose that S character unless you choose to overwrite it.
So do I need to create multiple Twitter accounts or can I continue rerolling with just my one.

chrono01

So do I need to create multiple Twitter accounts or can I continue rerolling with just my one.
You can keep using just the one (it resets each day).

I should mention, there was a notice added that stated this was for Japanese customers only. Whether we'll be able to use the code on the Japanese client and transition it over to the Global one remains unknown, so there's a chance we won't be able to redeem these characters. Still worth a try, considering how easy everything is, but I wanted to warn anyone going into this first.

Adeptrain

You can keep using just the one (it resets each day).

I should mention, there was a notice added that stated this was for Japanese customers only. Whether we'll be able to use the code on the Japanese client and transition it over to the Global one remains unknown, so there's a chance we won't be able to redeem these characters. Still worth a try, considering how easy everything is, but I wanted to warn anyone going into this first.

I really really hope we can transfer over cause I got lucky and saved an SS character!

Rixa

^^
Yup did 10 times and I have S class unit. Need to do more in hope of getting SS.

TB2 fixed that stupid mailing software need for prereg.
Now its enough that one gives email address.
TB2 Prereg here

MiTYH

How long is it taking everyone to get an SS?

My results were B, B, B, B, B, then B, S, S, B, SS

Roland is my SS! Hope it sticks. There's no tier system so there's no way to know who's good or if it's worth trying for a different SS, right?

I see the tier page, 3 SS's available so I'm happy to get one. Roland does look badass so I really hope I can use him

chrono01

I really really hope we can transfer over cause I got lucky and saved an SS character!
Yeah, I hope so too. :/

How long is it taking everyone to get an SS?

My results were B, B, B, B, B, then B, S, S, B, SS

Roland is my SS! Hope it sticks. There's no tier system so there's no way to know who's good or if it's worth trying for a different SS, right?

I see the tier page, 3 SS's available so I'm happy to get one. Roland does look badass so I really hope I can use him
I got mine maybe four rolls in? I know, I got lucky with Hal Hikari (I think her name is?). I thought she was a healer, but her recoded art looks to be a mage, so now I'm not so sure. I love her art though, I hope I can bring her over to the Global version. If not, I'll just re-roll for her (since I'm insane like that).

What has me interested are the more in-depth character customization (equipping gear/Guardians) to your characters, as well as the world map you navigate while battling enemies (along with hidden passageways that lead to chests and the like). It just seems more expansive, and not just a simple "click a map, battle enemies, click another map, get a story and then battle some enemies, rinse/repeat". Looks more like a full-fledged game. You can also shift the enemies around now as well (no more frustration when they're pinned on the side), similar to how you shift your allies.)!
Sounds cool. Enjoyed the first game quite a bit. Will this be on Steam? And is it crossplay/save between mobile and PC?

Faynwulf

I don't quite get where I can roll for characters? I only can do three things on that site. Follow on Twitter and Facebook, Pre-Reg on Google Play (brings me to a blank site) and entering my email to get a Friend Avatar.

Am I blind?

edit: So I guess this is only for Japan and the US? Global? Yeah right...

Visceir

I don't quite get where I can roll for characters? I only can do three things on that site. Follow on Twitter and Facebook, Pre-Reg on Google Play (brings me to a blank site) and entering my email to get a Friend Avatar.

Am I blind?

edit: So I guess this is only for Japan and the US? Global? Yeah right...

The first game never came out in "my region", just got the game off qooapp and played it anyway, was all in english and I had no issues doing IAPs. Never checked it but I imagine getting it on PC would have been even easier.

Anyway, the gacha site is this one: http://igetgacha-netgame.dmm.com/campaign/show/terra2

Need to give it access to your twitter and roll away.

Faynwulf

The first game never came out in "my region", just got the game off qooapp and played it anyway, was all in english and I had no issues doing IAPs. Never checked it but I imagine getting it on PC would have been even easier.

Anyway, the gacha site is this one: http://igetgacha-netgame.dmm.com/campaign/show/terra2

Need to give it access to your twitter and roll away.

It definitely came out in my region. Which makes it a bit strange that I can't see the second one in the Playstore. (Maybe not yet.)

Your link got me to the site. When I clicked on the same one from chrono01 I got redirected to the main site. Very strange.

Thanks!

Rixa

It definitely came out in my region. Which makes it a bit strange that I can't see the second one in the Playstore. (Maybe not yet.)

Your link got me to the site. When I clicked on the same one from chrono01 I got redirected to the main site. Very strange.

Thanks!
TB2 is not released yet. 15.9 should be release day.

As EU peasant i need to download apk or get it from qooapp. On that site I linked it to my twitter account and used alot google translator to know which is gacha button and how I get 5 more pulls. Hunt for ss continues today. Yesterday 10 rolls gave only s twice, rest were A or B crap.

chrono01

I predict you will drop it in 4 months, but keep logging in for bonuses.
I do try a lot, but many of them don't keep my interest so it's entirely possible. There's a handful I've been playing for a year+, but others end up the way you described.

I guess we'll see how it goes with TB2. I'm hopeful, but TB1 didn't particularly grab me so whether the same thing happens with TB2 is anyone's guess.

Yaari

HQeJRXQ.png

Is this the highest? I had some 3* skeleton for days.

Pachael

I do try a lot, but many of them don't keep my interest so it's entirely possible. There's a handful I've been playing for a year+, but others end up the way you described.

I guess we'll see how it goes with TB2. I'm hopeful, but TB1 didn't particularly grab me so whether the same thing happens with TB2 is anyone's guess.

Happens to me quite a bit - my gacha backlog is getting as long as my Steam backlog (lol). Still, as they are F2P it's the dev/pub's job to get me playing these gacha games not the other way around. TB1 was not bad so looking forward to try TB2.

So how does this Terra Battle thing work, you do five pulls and you save a unit to your account?
It says that they're sending a code via twitter, but you will most likely need to launch their DMM PC app to apply it.

The app is region locked to jp though.
So expect to probably need to use some VPN if you really want to bother with that free pull.

Dandte

Are there no noteworthy gacha games in English except TB 2 ?
I've got an itch to waste some hours.

Depends on what you like.

F.e. i guess i'm not the only one who is interested in For Whom The Alchemist Exists. An SRPG which will come soon to global. I really like the artstyle and would consider it noteworthy.

Currently in a meeting, so can't look into it. Do we have notable five stars on global? Also my gold was a 4* mac unit and a 3* can go up to 5* haha

chrono01

Gonna be handled by gumi though :{
It's actually a partnership of both Gumi and Fuji Games, the people responsible for Phantom of the Kill. If the latter can survive this long with FEH on the market, I'm not too worried about For Whom the Alchemist.

After what happened to Chain Chronicle, it's normal to be worried, but I don't believe the same thing will happen here. Hopefully.

Kitoro

Didn't they announce that the TB2 web gacha can only be redeemed through the JP PC version? Is there a workaround in theory, or are you actually playing the JP PC version? Of course, you could also just be scratching that gacha itch... :p

Jeffrey

Its not a bad thing. Its a gumi game.

It's actually a partnership of both Gumi and Fuji Games, the people responsible for Phantom of the Kill. If the latter can survive this long with FEH on the market, I'm not too worried about For Whom the Alchemist.

After what happened to Chain Chronicle, it's normal to be worried, but I don't believe the same thing will happen here. Hopefully.
It's more of a quality of service and support I worry about.

Been playing brave frontier and ffbe for too long lol.

chrono01

Didn't they announce that the TB2 web gacha can only be redeemed through the JP PC version? Is there a workaround in theory, or are you actually playing the JP PC version? Of course, you could also just be scratching that gacha itch... :p
There should be a workaround, if it works the same as TB1.

For TB1, MW released a PC Adpp for the game, that was available only in Japan.D espite that, Global players could download/install the client, and transfer their data over. It was sync'd between both versions, so anything you did in one version carried over into the other, including redeeming Gift Codes/Friend Referrals/etc.

It's already been said that the TB2 data will be sync'd between the DMM and Mobile versions, so we expect the same thing to happen here (since there's no separate servers, as far as I know). Because of this, we should be able to log into the DMM client, transfer our data over, redeem the gacha code, retrieve the character, and then log back into the mobile version and have him/her there. We won't know for sure until it actually launches though, but it's worth trying just in-case things do end up this way.

It's more of a quality of service and support I worry about.

Been playing brave frontier and ffbe for too long lol.
Understandable, anything with the Gumi name gives me apprehension too. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, as the President for Gumi has changed since the CC days.

I pulled an SS character. What do I do to save it and how do I retrieve it when the game comes out?
Nothing, really. Just wait until release, and apparently you'll receive a cod via email/Twitter that you redeem in-game for the saved character. You'll have to do it through the Japanese/DMM client though, and a VPN will (most likely) be needed, as they block all non-Japan IP addresses.

ReaperXL7

Not sure anyone here will care specifically but I noticed while browsing the Japanese App Store that Nexon Korea launched a Lego Gacha game called "Lego quest and collect".

It's similar to Future Fight from Netmarble but with Lego, and the production values seem pretty high. It doesn't have any major licensed brands like DC or Marvel though as it seems to be focusing on Lego specific properties like City, Medieval, Ninjago etc. also obviously the Waifu lvl is low due to it just being Lego people.

Seems like a soft launch in Asian territories but it's completely in English already in both text and the voice acting.

7-4-1.jpg

pariah164

I am playing so many Gacha right now...

- KHUX (US and JP)
- Granblue Fantasy (JP)
- IdolM@ster Starlight Stage (JP)
- SINoALICE (JP)
- Magia Record (JP)
- Yuki Yuna is a Hero - Hanayui no Kiramei (JP)
- King's Raid (US)
- Another Eden (JP)
- Valiant Force (US)
- Fire Emblem Heroes (US)
- Fate/Grand Order (US)
- Soulking (US; iffy on this one)

When Alchemist Code drops, I will have to delete some stuff, and even MORE if Chain Chronicle comes back.

Shouta

I loaded up Star Ocean Anamnesis after taking a break for awhile and man they added a lot of characters. The models they made for ones like Rena and Ashton are really nice which surprised me.

Dandte

I loaded up Star Ocean Anamnesis after taking a break for awhile and man they added a lot of characters. The models they made for ones like Rena and Ashton are really nice which surprised me.

The one game i want on global....pls square :(

Kitoro

I believe so. And that figures, lol.

Speaking of Netmarble, they had a Disney Magical Dice game that I tried last year for a bit, which they just killed in favor of re-launching a new Disney dice game, which has much lower production values, lacking the animated characters from the first, poorly themed stages, and is just about as inferior as it can be to its predecessor.

Who makes these terrible decisions?

pariah164

Speaking of Netmarble, they had a Disney Magical Dice game that I tried last year for a bit, which they just killed in favor of re-launching a new Disney dice game, which has much lower production values, lacking the animated characters from the first, poorly themed stages, and is just about as inferior as it can be to its predecessor.

Who makes these terrible decisions?
Netmarble, probably. And yeah, I saw that. I was disappoint.

Visceir

Is Star Ocean planning something big for end of september/beginning of october?

hmmmdonuts

Neo Member
Doesn't want to play for me; stuck on the loading screen. Shame.

I deleted a couple of apps to see if space was the issue but no dice.

I'm sorry to hear. I suppose you can always try the Nox or Memu android emulators, and play on your computer / laptop.

I'm in the US, and just downloaded and playing fine on a Samsung Galaxy S2 tab.

Dandte

I played the hell out of the closed beta of this. Music is amazing. Visuals are gorgeous. Gameplay is unique. Was kind of weirded out by the panther woman who was dry humping the air in her combat idle animation but that's a whole other story.

I feel like i'm missing something. I'm always underleveled and i found no way to get rank ex except from doing new story quests and the training missions. Is there no other way?

Created a NeoGaf Guild:

Code is aa8a3c

If someone wants to join me ;-)

Top Bottom