• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Shouta

Is Star Ocean planning something big for end of september/beginning of october?

Dunno, I don't follow SOA's live broadcasts that much.

So these are the models I was talking about for Rena and Ashton. Not bad for a mobile game. The Silmeria and Lenneth ones for VP are fairly nice too.

9GzPB0g.jpg
bWa6Ls8.jpg

They went nuts on the Bride and Swimsuit versions of the female characters while I was not playing as well but they put work into those too, including Leanne from Resonance of Fate.

chrono01

0QlIAOU.png

Managed to get this one now
Congrats! She's the one I pulled too.

I just hope we can transfer these to the Global version. If the PC version of TB2 works the same as TB1 we should be able to, but there's really no way in telling until it launches.

Sölf

Depends on what you like.

F.e. i guess i'm not the only one who is interested in For Whom The Alchemist Exists. An SRPG which will come soon to global. I really like the artstyle and would consider it noteworthy.

What is this, why does it have Disgaea and Etrian Odyssey characters and why have I never heard of it?

Dandte

Sölf;248503898 said:
What is this, why does it have Disgaea and Etrian Odyssey characters and why have I never heard of it?

An SRPG which is really popular in jpn. It has many collabs, like disgaea, etrian or ff xv. Imagine a team wirh a Prinny and Noctis in the same game. It's one of their selling points + the gameplay. It will be published by gumi (who also publish ff be). As for why you don't know about it...you are not as obsessed with japanese mobile gaming as i am...which is probably good.

Where can I switch the language to English. The apk from apkpure seems to be Chinese for me.
Tap to start
Then klick on the emblem in the top left corner above your rank.
Then a menu opens (on ios) with three rows of buttons.
Middle row, left button as a little global indicator. There you change to english.

Rixa

Interesting, time to wait and try this when ever it comes.

gematsu.com | Square Enix smartphone RPG Grimms Notes coming west.

Gematsu said:
Square Enix will release its iOS and Android game Grimms Notes, which has achieved over 15 million downloads since it launched in Japan in January 2016, in North America, Europe, and China via smartphone game development and publishing company Flero Games, the company announced.

Grimms Notes is a “new interpretation RPG” featuring fairy-tale characters such as Little Red Riding hood, Alice, Aladdin and the Magic Lamp, Cinderella, and more. It is characterized by its “pretty graphics and simple controls.”

Kitoro

brave frontier 2 got a first video too. Comming winter 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySpKHAdgqZ0

BF is probably always going to be my most played gacha game of all time, and it was my very first F2P gacha experience. I played it for 3 long years before exhausting all the content I'd care to enjoy with the best team synergy imaginable.

Unfortunately, I'm getting a bit of a Terra Battle 2 vibe from this trailer, in that it seems like a modest refresh, rather than a new experience. It definitely doesn't instill much confidence seeing the same old characters that I already have in the original... I'm not going to want to spend to get them again unless the game truly offers brand-new gameplay experiences and ways to use these characters.

I'll reserve further judgment until we see more, though.

Visceir

Was supposed to be the 14, but apparently on weekend stream they said delayed with possibly release date announced sometimes tomorrow.

For some reason I can't help but think this game's launch is going to be a mess similar to SinoAlice.

First they said summer (en twitter still says summer 2017) and seem to gradually push the game's launch back, it just feels like they can't get their s together. Guess I just wish them to be more concrete with their release date. All these random TB streams are pissing me off too, lol...should prob just unsub from their channel until the game is actually out.

Dunno, I don't follow SOA's live broadcasts that much.

So these are the models I was talking about for Rena and Ashton. Not bad for a mobile game. The Silmeria and Lenneth ones for VP are fairly nice too.

They went nuts on the Bride and Swimsuit versions of the female characters while I was not playing as well but they put work into those too, including Leanne from Resonance of Fate.

Been meaning to check out those games but never got around to them for some reason. Guess I'll have to do some research on how those game stories and such are.

Everything about the character designs is quite appealing though. Fidel, Roddick and Fayt all seem pretty cool design wise. That Rena model looks nice too!

chrono01

Gacha news day!

Interesting, time to wait and try this when ever it comes.

gematsu.com | Square Enix smartphone RPG Grimms Notes coming west.
Oh, nice! I looked at a few of the gameplay videos, and I do like the art. Gameplay looks similar to SAO: MD, which I, also play, but I don't believe this has any parry mechanics (unless I missed it?).

I'll definitely give it a try, although I was kind of hoping for SINoALICE personally. :(

Looks good!

I'm not sure why caused the delay in their announcement. I'm guessing they might have been planning an early release, but whatever happened behind-the-scenes prevented it. Oh well, I'm guessing it'll only be a few more days anyway, given the hints so far.

brave frontier 2 got a first video too. Comming winter 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySpKHAdgqZ0
Did they announce a Global version yet? Considering how popular the original BF was, I'm sure if they didn't it's only a matter of time.

What's with the "8" being reflected in the "2017" text at the end of the trailer? Could it be 2017 in Japan and 2018 for Global?

Kitoro

Haha, good catch on the BF2 Coming in 2017/8 ending. Looks like they had it planned as 2018, and just decided to make it 2017 instead, forgetting to fix up the bottom portion.

chrono01

Haha, good catch on the BF2 Coming in 2017/8 ending. Looks like they had it planned as 2018, and just decided to make it 2017 instead, forgetting to fix up the bottom portion.
Yeah, I thought it was weird since all of the other text match up, haha.

It's probably what you said, and they were hoping people wouldn't look at the reflection and notice. 2017 is sooner than I thought, this year is packed with new gacha releases.

Kitoro

Yeah, I thought it was weird since all of the other text match up, haha.

It's probably what you said, and they were hoping people wouldn't look at the reflection and notice. 2017 is sooner than I thought, this year is packed with new gacha releases.

I wouldn't be surprised if they know it's not coming til 2018, but they'd rather get the hype train going faster and let us down softly as many publishers do.

Jeffrey

Lol why did y'all link a April fools joke video of bf2?

Actual bf2 teaser from a few days ago.

https://youtu.be/zhOzyTnY7hE

Seems like the main new mechanic is specific unit pairing combos. Also interviews mention they are ditching gacha summons. No clue how they gonna make money lol

Kitoro

Lol why did y'all link a April fools joke video of bf2?

Actual bf2 teaser from a few days ago.

https://youtu.be/zhOzyTnY7hE

Seems like the main new mechanic is specific unit pairing combos. Also interviews mention they are ditching gacha summons. No clue how they gonna make money lol

Welp... lol.

I see no value or enjoyment in pulling for anything but characters in gacha games. I can't imagine I'll be able to get excited for this game if there's no thrill to be had in pulling for the next meta-defining character.

chrono01

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but Sega is (seemingly) attempting to revive Chain Chronicles Global. As to whether it'll actually succeed or not, and whether we'll be entitled to our old accounts. I'm guessing that will be a "no", as Gumi owns that data and the one assuming responsibility for the re-launch of the Global version would be another company (goGame) is anyone's guess, but time will tell. There seems to be a push for it, so it's possible.

https://www.facebook.com/ChainChronicleGlobal/

Honestly...after putting all of that time into the original version, if they re-launched everything again, I probably wouldn't start over again (I'm not sure I could get past not having all of the characters I worked for). I enjoyed the game, but not enough to begin from scratch, especially with all of gacha games (current and upcoming) that I'll be playing. Maybe if they were generous with campaigns, allowing us better chances of characters and such, but that's the only way.

Jeffrey

Yeah needs a launch event equivalent to the best gacha anniversary events to compel me to try again.

Also chain chronicles 2. Why waste time with 1?

Quonny

No way in hell I'm restarting in CC.

They fucked it once, they'll fuck it again. Even if it was because it wasn't profitable enough for Gumi but it is for this new company, sorry, but no.

There are so many new, promising gacha games getting announced almost weekly for the west, from anime initiatives involving Crunchyroll to global launches of games like Fire Emblem to Square Enix announcements, why would I go back to an old game that burned so many people?

Fuck this move. I feel bad for goGame, but this seems like a poor investment.

chrono01

Yeah needs a launch event equivalent to the best gacha anniversary events to compel me to try again.

Also chain chronicles 2. Why waste time with 1?
Pretty much.

They fucked it once, they'll fuck it again. Even if it was because it wasn't profitable enough for Gumi but it is for this new company, sorry, but no.

There are so many new, promising gacha games getting announced almost weekly for the west, from anime initiatives involving Crunchyroll to global launches of games like Fire Emblem to Square Enix announcements, why would I go back to an old game that burned so many people?

Yeah, I'm right there with you.

It's a shame, as I did enjoy the game but there's way too much burned bridges for me to return. The only way I'd even think about downloading it again is, as I mentioned, if the new company were extremely generous and remained that way, but even if I were to regain all of my characters through the gacha pulls I'd still be without all of the time/investment I put into my previous account. This is why I never re-roll in any of the gacha games I play, unless it's within the first month or so of my downloading it. Beyond that point, it's more-or-less something I stick with, so being forced to start over in CC again isn't exactly an entertaining prospect for me.

Kettch

I would absolutely start over again, the game is a lot of fun.

Putting money into it is another question, they'd have to show a lot of commitment for that.

chrono01

I would absolutely start over again, the game is a lot of fun.

Putting money into it is another question, they'd have to show a lot of commitment for that.
I'd like to be able to do the same, but honestly (for me, right now) time is more of a valuable commodity for me when it comes to gacha games, especially with as many upcoming ones as there are (For Whom the Alchemist, Grimm's Note, Brave Frontier 2, Terra Battle 2, Danmachi game, and a few I'm probably forgetting). These are in addition to several I'm already playing.

I'd like to play Chain Chronicle again, but to start over again after investing hundreds of hours into the game originally (and a bit of money)? I'm not sure I'd be able to stomach that.

Jeffrey

Yeah its just hard to get into older gacha games. New genre ease of life stuff often don't exist there. And with their shoddy code practices and time schedules games just get more bloated over time and the client struggles performance wise especially on Android.

FGO global is a pain to play. I'm just logging in daily until content comes.

Feel like gacha games are planned for like a year of life then everything else is just them winging it.

TCTF Agent

Neo Member
Chain Chronicle coming back would be interesting but very limited in content. Half the problem again might come from licensing agreements with crossover franchises. Just recently CCJP had the Nanoha Reflection event and I can't see that content coming over to global - sort of like how things went last time

jengo

goGame is headed by Gumi Asia's ex-founder and backed by Sega, so I doubt they are "new" to this.

Azusa

I'll definitely give it a try, although I was kind of hoping for SINoALICE personally. :(

WOW! You are still waiting for this kusoge.

~ you can control only 1 character out 5 in battle (others are CPU or random players)
~ game runs real time you cant pause it
~ its boring and no need to use skills manually at all
~ more grind than in granblue and require to pens monies for stamina refresh if you want to complete events (unlike in granblue/fgo)
~ all previous sinalice developer mobages are dead and sinoalice core gameplay is a copy from their previous failed games with a new shiny skin and Yoko Taro name.
~ almost no story (way way less than fgo and even granblue has)

chrono01

WOW! You are still waiting for this kusoge.

~ you can control only 1 character out 5 in battle (others are CPU or random players)
~ game runs real time you cant pause it
~ its boring and no need to use skills manually at all
~ more grind than in granblue and require to pens monies for stamina refresh if you want to complete events (unlike in granblue/fgo)
~ all previous mobage from this developer are dead and sinoalice core gameplay is a copy from their previous failed games with a new shiny skin and Taro name.
I didn't know this, so needless to say my hype has been deflated (not that we would have gotten it anyway).

I mostly wanted it for the art and Yoko Taro's involvement, but even with the former two it doesn't sound like this game is that amazing. Shame, really.

Azusa

I didn't know this, so needless to say my hype has been deflated (not that we would have gotten it anyway).
SINoALICE dev previous games (start date - death date)
Mystic Monsters: 2012/07/13 - 2013/12/16 [1y 5m]
Unmei no Puzzle Burst: 2013/02/13 - 2013/12/16 [10m]
Million Summoner: 2012/12/11 - 2013/12/16 [1y]
Shikigami Gensoukyoku: 2013/05/14 - 2014/02/13 [7m]
Rengeki no Brave Hearts: 2013/08/21 - 2014/02/13 [4m]
Hangeki no Metal Breaker: 2013/09 - 2014/03/31 [4m]
Zettai Bouei Leviathan de R: 2014/08/13 - 2014/03/31 [5m]
Makai Gakuen Catastrophe: 2013/08/01 - 2014/08/31 [1y]
Douran no Sangokushi Versus: 2014/03/10 - 2014/09/26 [6m]
Devil Maker Tokyo: 2013/06/24 - 2014/10/01 [1y 4m]
Eikou no Guardian Battle: 2013/03/19 - 2015/02/28 [1y 11m]
Sengoku Gensoukyoku: 2013/04/02 - 2015/05/08 [1y 11m]
Monster Paradise +: 2012/03/23 - 2015/11/30 [2y 8m]
Cross Summoner: 2014/09/09 - 2016/04/11 [1y 7m]
Poitto Hero: 2015/04/13 - 2016/04/11 [1y]

As I said SINoALICE battle system is a copy of some their previous games. Here are some screenshots: http://sonicch.com/264061.html

chrono01

SINoALICE dev previous games (start date - death date)

As I said SINoALICE battle system is a copy of some their previous games. Here are some screenshots: http://sonicch.com/264061.html
Yeah, that's...not the best track record. A lot of them barely make it past 6 months.

R.I.P, SINoALICE. :/

BTW, we received the release fate for Terra Battle 2 and...it's later than I expected (but not a whole lot later). September 21st.

Also, New Trailer. Kind of. More of an extension of the previous one.

Rixa

Sdorica - Sunsets OpenBeta is currently available in Singapore. Malaysia, New Zealand and Australia.

There is something really wrong in this game.
I did try it, got my way to chapter 2 stage 6 and player level that time was 12.

That stage 2-6 gives 450 premium currency so one can make 500 costing multipull. I got 2 x R and 1 SR (tank).

Yesterday I went to event, my units are level 12 (unit max level is same than your player level). Event says "Easy", going in, first enemy (not sure if it was boss) one shots my unit (healer), after some turns I try to make some damage without success to it. Then it one shots my tank hp 100% -> 0%. Few turns later it kills my dps with one hit.

"Easy"

In those +10 turns the damage I made opponent was pitiful, enemy had >90% hp left.

Open beta where they gladly take your money (no I didn't use money) and say that event stage is easy then boss ohko your units.

Deleted.

Z3M0G

Has anyone tried Shadowblood?

I'm level 32 and loving the game quite a bit... I suspected it might be very P2W because there is a currency "Magic Crystals" that you activate that uses one point per strike to do additional damage... but I just double checked and I think you can only buy those using another currency that you only get while playing... so I can't track it (yet) to any real-money purchases...

Maybe not Gacha enough though, since you don't pull for characters, and only pull for one piece of gear per day or so... and it's never anything good so far. The game is all about collecting and completing gear sets... it tracks if you ever located a piece of gear and if you locate (no need to keep) every piece of a set it awards you with some gems. VERY addictive to just grind that during my work day...

Faynwulf

FGO global is a pain to play. I'm just logging in daily until content comes.

It feels exactly like FE:H felt like at the start. I love the game but at the moment it is just a grind. I've gone months without seeing some Mats I desperately need to Ascend my Servants with. It's not fun like this.

MiTYH

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SO LONG!

It looked like a ton of fun when I first played, lot of Cyber Sleuth battle mechanics/animations I think. Plus farm for training and raising. I'm ALL OVER THIS JUST RELEASE IT ON IOS NOW

EDIT: Damn the wait, thought it was out on android already. Still, that's fine, I've been waiting for this one for a while

Kettch

It feels exactly like FE:H felt like at the start. I love the game but at the moment it is just a grind. I've gone months without seeing some Mats I desperately need to Ascend my Servants with. It's not fun like this.

FGO is definitely my biggest gacha disappointment. I don't see how the gameplay could ever be interesting in it, with the system they have.

I was only really expecting a good story though, and the tiny amount of post-prologue story it had ended up being a mess.

Azusa

I was only really expecting a good story though, and the tiny amount of post-prologue story it had ended up being a mess.

1st and 2nd chapter of fgo story are shit in JP too. its not translation fault but that initial FGO is just bad. If you want to play it for story you have 2 options: 1) just wait for the next story update and login daily for some free quartz and other things; 2) wait for all chapters and join the game next fall to play all story maps.

Dandte

Yikes i think i played the digimon game...it was boring af. Of course it was cool to see them on your island and fight with them, but there was 0 story iirc.

Kitoro

King's Knight just launched globally for Android.

It was supposed to release in February, and was met with harsh criticism in its soft launch and delayed 7 months to be tweaked and improved, so I'm not sure what to expect. It's got co-op, which I'm interested in.

I just played through the tutorial, did a free 11 pull, and got one 4* Warrior called Shapur.

Not sure if I want to re-roll, because I'm wondering if I'm lucky to have gotten a 4* at all, but we'll see!

Quixzlizx

Chain Chronicle is the only gacha game that has kept my attention for more than a couple of months, so of course that's the one that got shut down.

I don't know if I could start over again without Musica, Juliana, or Lilith.

Top Bottom