• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

today in Yurumerumo buys music

Velvet Underground and Nico
Derrick May apparently. Makes sense, never seen that cover.
Beatles - Let it Be
The Offspring - Splinter
Smashing Pumpkins
Flaming Lips, not sure which one
Flaming lips one looks like their Soft Bullets album

lb0AzWK.jpg

How is it ?

FEMM are making their major debut in February with two new tracks

61f%2BYKOHbiL._SX355_.jpg

Disc-1
1. PoW!(新曲)
2. L.C.S.(新曲)

3. Astroboy feat.Hney-B & W-Trouble (Japanese Ver.)
4. Fxxk Boyz Get Money (Invaderous Remix)
5. Party All Night (sfpr Remix)
6. Kill The DJ (Invaderous Remix)
7. Kiss The Rain (sfpr Remix)
8. Astroboy feat.Hney-B & W-Trouble (Invaderous Remix)
9. Whiplash (sfpr Remix)
10. UFO feat. Fz from sfpr vs Invaderous (extended edit)
全9曲10ヴァージョン収録

Disc-2
1st Album『Femm-Isation』13曲(2014年10月配信限定アルバム)

I've recently gotten into Emi Maria and ugh In Your T-Shirt slays so much.

I'm also a big fan of Flower, though less so recently after Kyoka's departure. Having only one vocalist is meh, as much as I like Reina.

That's good to hear, more people should be like this. I'm in love with Milky Way.

How is it ?

It's excellent. Raise My Sword, Soul of the Field and Force of Courage are probably among the best songs Galneryus have ever written, with the latter being essentially Angel of Salvation Part 2 (it's a 14 min epic). Voice of Grievous Cry and Reward for Betrayal are more standard Galneryus songs, still great though and Sho probably has his best performance there.

Rain of Tears is an interesting song. They've been adding new elements to their music and this might turn off some people, I liked what they did here. That and the ballad Chain of Distress are probably the saddest-sounding songs they've written.

It's a theme album and every song plays a role in the story. It came with a booklet full of nice art.

Kurita

Congrats to Gesu no Kiwami Otome, their hit song 私以外私じゃないの is the most watched music video in Japan in 2015 according to Youtube!

neshcom

Banned
FEMM are making their major debut in February with two new tracks

61f%2BYKOHbiL._SX355_.jpg

Disc-1
1. PoW!(新曲)
2. L.C.S.(新曲)

3. Astroboy feat.Hney-B & W-Trouble (Japanese Ver.)
4. Fxxk Boyz Get Money (Invaderous Remix)
5. Party All Night (sfpr Remix)
6. Kill The DJ (Invaderous Remix)
7. Kiss The Rain (sfpr Remix)
8. Astroboy feat.Hney-B & W-Trouble (Invaderous Remix)
9. Whiplash (sfpr Remix)
10. UFO feat. Fz from sfpr vs Invaderous (extended edit)
全9曲10ヴァージョン収録

Disc-2
1st Album『Femm-Isation』13曲(2014年10月配信限定アルバム)

Nice! Femm-Isation is really good, so more remixes will be nice. That original cut of UFO is great and all over the place, but already really long.
Plus, this is the first physical edition of Femm-Isation, right?

Kurita

So is there a cheapest place online to buy japanese itunes gift cards?

It's just cheaper to buy directly your music on the Japanese Amazon MP3. You can add points using a foreign credit card as long as you use a (fake) Japanese home address. No VPN or stuff like that required.
This way you avoid the mark up third-party stores have.

Slowdive

Banned
Never thought I'd see Maison Book Girl and Ringo Deathstarr together but here we are.

Sugizo was at the gig and they met him too.

Speaking of unlikely combinations, Kero Kero Bonito are supporting Saint Etienne tonight.

Never thought I'd see Maison Book Girl and Ringo Deathstarr together but here we are.

this is a collaboration I didn't know I wanted until now

e: lol this purikura

CV9UrEVUEAALd8b.jpg:large

--

This channel's been uploading clips from Pinky's birthday celebration thing today. it looks like she got a lot of alcohol related gifts since she turned 20, lol

little Pinky's all growed up. dang she got a lot of gifts

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVVX8WP6qEE15s-dNdk5OmQ

Do I need to add Ringo Deathstarr to my idol shoegaze mix?

Christmas came early for me:
CV_aRPkUAAALo3r.jpg

Speaking of, Ghost Cat made Tsutaya's top ten idol albums of the year. That's pretty close to what my own list would look like, although I'd have to swap stuff out to make room for KOTO and 3776 at least.

Marty Friedman has also jumped on the Kouteca bandwagon.

I don't remember if this was mentioned, but Dema Achelier is graduating from the group after their upcoming one-man to focus on studies. She's kind of their best singer too, not that it means much.

Bonus video of them being weirdos.

where are you guys ordering from? I see that cdjapan offers it but it's crazy expensive, and I don't have a forwarding service set up to go through Tower.

fair enough, guess I'll go that route. I was hoping there was a slightly more affordable option. danged exclusives.

I totally ordered that Kindan no Tasuketsu "Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me" cd/dvd though, lol. let's see how that thing pans out.

Slowdive

Banned

Yasui commenting on every one of Uika's Instagram posts since getting an account is the best, never noticed it before.

I totally ordered that Kindan no Tasuketsu "Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me" cd/dvd though, lol. let's see how that thing pans out.

There's a review in French here. Seems like there's quite a few David Lynch references, which isn't too surprising after watching the music video and trailer. The soundtrack reminds them of Angelo Badalamenti, which is pretty intriguing.

Spangle Call Lilli Line - Tesla

ゆるめるモ! - id アイドル

I can never really tell if Honoki's aesthetic is actually good or not, but for some reason it clicks with me. I'm looking forward to seeing it anyway. Pretty positive review on that site.

and yeah, Yasui being queen dork is definitely one of my favorite things lately. Uika ignoring her just makes it that much funnier.

e: lol, I just caught the part of that review that said the movie is being sold in AV shops.

OMG

llehuty

I just watched the Perfume 3rd World Tour documentary. Really recommended view to anyone slightly interested in Perfume. You really get a sense of the human side of the group (both the girls and rhe staff) as well as some funny little stories and cute engrish.

The girls are so adorable during the whole thing.

Aizo

Banned
...yeah, I'm gonna let you look up your creepy upskirt shots on your own, I think
Oooh, they edited their post. Now I'm curious.

Edit: tricot is on Music Japan tonight. If you live in Japan, turn on NHK... preferably in a couple minutes when Morning Musume is gone.

Edit: tricot is on Music Japan tonight. If you live in Japan, turn on NHK... preferably in a couple minutes when Morning Musume is gone.

hah, the site I would use is showing a Nogizaka46 variety show instead. I'll have to watch the archive.

maybe anyway. Usually the vocals are the only thing that are live on MJ right?

also, PM'd

--

tiny OyaHolo is too good

vv the Matsumoto cameo is the best part

Kurita

i heard these guys in a record store and i just kinda twigged they remind me of Metric. Kinoko Teikoku. Probs famous or something but I like their vibe
Their new album is amazing imo but a lot of people don't like their new style. I don't mind, I love pretty much everything they do. I'm just happy that they managed to break out from the shoegaze-ish world where it's easy to get creatively bankrupt pretty quickly. This way they can show what else they can do.

Top Bottom