• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

new Avandoned member:

CkMXzN1UgAEAI7S.jpg

no, wait, sorry, here she is

Articalys

Is anyone here from Chicago going to the Perfume concert at the end of August? Thinking about it since I'm lucky enough to be close to one of the four U.S. cities they're visiting, but since I don't live downtown transit is a pain; that night's a Cubs home game too, so even though the Vic is right next to a Red Line stop I can imagine it might be crazy busy getting out with crowds from Wrigley heading back to the Loop too.
Wonder how packed the concert itself would be...

llehuty

Is anyone here from Chicago going to the Perfume concert at the end of August? Thinking about it since I'm lucky enough to be close to one of the four U.S. cities they're visiting, but since I don't live downtown transit is a pain; that night's a Cubs home game too, so even though the Vic is right next to a Red Line stop I can imagine it might be crazy busy getting out with crowds from Wrigley heading back to the Loop too.
Wonder how packed the concert itself would be...
Just go. Went to see them in London by myself and had a blast. And now with Pick Me Up, Story among others? Just do it.

I'm still waiting for European dates ;_;

man, that's a good looking recording too. considering they probably could have tried to sell that for too much money, it's supremely awesome that they just uploaded it. VB and Maeda himself are awesome.

e: I like that everybody flipping the bird is now a canon thing during the "all my girlfriends" line in Rock and Roll Lover

I'm still curious what the hell happened between him and XINLISUPREME that caused them to split and their music to disappear. glad I bought their most recent album before it was pulled.

Kurita

Great song
Has that Japanese summer feel to it, I dig that a lot

04 Limited Sazabys「cubic」

Rekishi meets Kyuso Nekokami for the best collab of the year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2eYzfyDdHs

--
Spent the whole day listening to indigo la End's album. Man. So fucking good.
From track 1 to track 14 it's just a gem. A nice amount of "chill" songs but it's never boring. Gimme all that piano goodness. It's a perfect fit for their sound, adds more depth and emotion to the whole thing and I hope they'll keep on using it.

ココロネ has the dopest bass line of the year. One of the highlights of the album. Kinda wish they made a MV for it.

My only complaint is that シノブ and music A are only 2 minutes long. Especially music A, which sounds like a Sakanaction song (actually the intro was quite reminiscent of Ratatat), it's crazy. Definitely clashes with the rest of the album. I wouldn't mind more techno/electronica songs like that from them. It took me by surprise, comes out of nowhere but man, it's great!

So yeah, a brillant, mature, polished yet raw album (that doesn't make any sense). It'll definitely end up in my top 10 favorite releases of the year.

Kurita

Watching the latest episode of the (great) show 家、ついて行ってイイですか?, and huh, one of the guy they interviewed lives in a sharehouse with 36 people, one of the tenants is a member from the idol band バンドじゃないもん!. That's random.

Watching the latest episode of the (great) show 家、ついて行ってイイですか?, and huh, one of the guy they interviewed lives in a sharehouse with 36 people, one of the tenants is a member from the idol band バンドじゃないもん!. That's random.

Do you know which one?

e: if google fu is working, Chanmomo

Kurita

Pretty sweet, but when was the last time they had a music video that WASN'T an advertisement for someone?
They only did this kind of thing three times.
The two videos released between チュパカブラ (Red Bull) and ラー (whatever the product was) weren't advertisements. And let's be honest, the Red Bull one wasn't tacky at all, you just see an empty can for like 3 seconds at the end.

For a band that released like 30 music videos I'd say that's nothing.

llehuty

Yah, song is good. Really looking forward to the album.

And the product placement is well integrated, this is the first time I can tell they are selling something. For the red bull MV, I had no idea there was a sponsor until I read it here. I don't even know which is the other one.

Kurita

Yah, song is good. Really looking forward to the album.

And the product placement is well integrated, this is the first time I can tell they are selling something. For the red bull MV, I had no idea there was a sponsor until I read it here. I don't even know which is the other one.

In ラー it's for some curry I think. But the thing is, you see the product for 10 seconds tops and it's not even the real thing, it's a solid gold version of it, it looks like an artifact or something. You really can't tell if you don't know.

vanty

Wasn't ラー for one of those Cup Noodle commercials? I'm pretty sure I saw it in commercial form as well as the MV.

They only did this kind of thing three times.
The two videos released between チュパカブラ (Red Bull) and ラー (whatever the product was) weren't advertisements. And let's be honest, the Red Bull one wasn't tacky at all, you just see an empty can for like 3 seconds at the end.

For a band that released like 30 music videos I'd say that's nothing.

Parco and Casio have also been sponsors. There's also the Yahoo! ad that got a song from Zipang, but I don't think that got an MV. One of their MVs also had an Adobe and Intel logo at the end but I can't tell if that's supposed to be product placement/sponsorship or not. I'm going to assume the Hokkaido thing is not actually a sponsorship.

I mean, whatever, the videos are usually pretty good and high-concept enough to mostly hide the fact that they're sponsored. (I love the Parco one in particular.) And if that's what they need to up the production budgets on their videos, then more power to them I guess. It just seemed like an unusually high percentage of their recent videos have had sponsor logos at the end.

Kurita

Never noticed the Casio one huh.
It's smart for the brands anyway, they're blowing up right now!

New ぼくのりりっくのぼうよみ EP on July 20th, one my fav hip-hop acts.
That pic though, RIP CDs

Jintor

i finally found a few second-hand supercar albums in the big book-off in osaka. still on the lookout for luminous orange, the novembers, plastic girl in february and tei... tei... tei something or the other

Kurita

i finally found a few second-hand supercar albums in the big book-off in osaka. still on the lookout for luminous orange, the novembers, plastic girl in february and tei... tei... tei something or the other
Speaking of The Novembers they have a new album coming in september

Top Bottom