• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Usually don't keep up with the male idols here but I thought it was interesting that they are finally starting to step their game up in an attempt to compete with the arguably more talented K-pop male idols. Seeing groups like W-inds and what not do more elaborate dance moves and what not is nice... though they are still getting murdered by the most popular k-pop acts like BTS and EXO.

Also the new Aimer song with One Ok Rock killed it as expected. Aimer is easily my favorite modern female Japanese singer

Kurita

Usually don't keep up with the male idols here but I thought it was interesting that they are finally starting to step their game up in an attempt to compete with the arguably more talented K-pop male idols. Seeing groups like W-inds and what not do more elaborate dance moves and what not is nice... though they are still getting murdered by the most popular k-pop acts like BTS and EXO.

Also the new Aimer song with One Ok Rock killed it as expected. Aimer is easily my favorite modern female Japanese singer

As much as I love Arashi I definitely agree, they're all way behind K-Pop acts. But what I'd like to see is more "underground" male idols. You got plenty of those for female idols. There's an astonishing lack of diversity and creativity which is a bummer.

Zoe

As much as I love Arashi I definitely agree, they're all way behind K-Pop acts. But what I'd like to see is more "underground" male idols. You got plenty of those for female idols. There's an astonishing lack of diversity and creativity which is a bummer.

That's because there's no female equivalent of Johnny's.

Kurita

Gomess x Fukase x Noko (and some dude)
CkmfZVXVAAAdgm6.jpg:orig

And Noko's tribute to his 7 years friendship with Fukase :lol
https://twitter.com/0u0HaNako666/status/741977006066176005

Anteater

any recommendations for someone who likes dir en grey? damn they're so good, I haven't been listening to any japanese music for like a decade

any recommendations for someone who likes dir en grey? damn they're so good, I haven't been listening to any japanese music for like a decade

Nocturnal Bloodlust
D
girugamesh
Versailles
Buck-Tick
MAXIMUM THE HORMONE
Kaggra
D'espairsRays
Baby Metal
Onmyouza
9mm Parabellum Bullet
Head Phones President
MERRY
RENTRER EN SOI
-OZ-
Matenrou Opera

Kurita

UNISON SQUARE GARDEN「mix juiceのいうとおり」

Cover and tracklist for the HIATUS's 5th album. 3 weeks remaining!
NXJW1kb.jpg

01.Geranium
02.Clone
03.Drifting Story
04.Bonfire
05.Let Me Fall
06.Radio
07.Catch You Later
08.Secret
09.Tree Rings
10.Sunburn
Really don't know what to expect since they haven't released a single. I know they'll deliver though! If it's like Keeper of The Flame I'm all in but I'd like something new.

Kuroyume

Banned

lynch.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-o0wBZBM9o

AWOI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e83q71orcec (They disbanded in 2014, but released a few albums before doing so.)

Sel'm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEaVOm3HyHw

KEGEROU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcahkdtL1cI (Disbanded ages ago, vocalist died, but released a few albums before disbanding)

DEZERT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV_MI2mhpRo

Mirin is at E3. Last night she got a burger at In N Out (obviously) and then also got a hot dog at Pink's, and then went shopping at Whole Foods.

I'd say Seira Kariya is the current holder of 2016's best summer song so far. She just released a MV for it but it's one of those youtube videos with bad mono audio. Major pet peeve of mine.

The mini album Remigai made with a high school brass band has been a huge favorite recently.

Powann is kind of hit or miss for me but you should watch this great live performance of probably their best song.

963(くるみ)『ストロー』

【まなみのりさ】「真夏のエイプリルフール」MV

ラブリーサマーちゃん「青い瞬きの途中で」Music Video

Oyasumi Hologram announced a 3rd album for sometime around November.

Really hyped for the upcoming Shoujo Kakka releases.

the new Necronomidol is out on google play music in the US, and presumably other services and regions. the vocals are still a little too loud for my tastes but the actual performances are a thousand times better, which kind of solves the problem? it's pretty good.

new Koutei Camera Girl EP out in August

校庭カメラガールツヴァイ / Dis dear month of August
発売日 : 2016年8月3日(水)
曲目 :
1. This dear month of August (inst)
2. Please Breeze
3. La summer Planetes
4. Happy Major (re zwei)
5. Curtain Call (girl remix)
6. Lantana (inst)

--

「GOLDの快感」/ベッド・イン

Namie coming to save everyone.

New single 'Hero'

CD
1. Hero
2. Show Me What You’ve Got
3. Hero -Instrumental-
4. Show Me What You’ve Got -Instrumental-

DVD
1. Hero -Music Video-
2. Show Me What You’ve Got -Music Video-

New single 'Hero'

CD
1. Hero
3. Hero -Instrumental-

DVD
1. Hero -Music Video-

WOW! I didn't know that was her at first! Very excited for this of course.

llehuty

New single 'Hero'

CD
1. Hero
3. Hero -Instrumental-

DVD
1. Hero -Music Video-
Is it an offcial or unofficial song for the olympic games of Rio?

Aizo

Banned
I feel super giddy. I talked to Hamada Maron after the show, and asked if she'd take a picture with me. She said yes and asked me and my friend a bunch of questions and told me to message her. She's so nice!!
Edit:
I really couldn't believe she messaged me on Facebook.

Also, for another act, all the members were speaking to the audience about their other projects, and the drummer's like, "I'll be touring with a band from America," and my ears perked up, "called Streetlight Manifesto," and I made a gasp. The Japanese people around me laughed at me.

Slowdive

Banned
Awesome. Hamada just announced a new single out July 13th on CD and 7".

POP have changed their name to Gang Parade.

New Koochewsen mini album out August 3rd

Aizo

Banned
She's really good live, and her bassist cracked me up so hard. He dances like a goof and makes a lot of funny faces. Extremely entertaining.

This years Senbatsu

16.) Nyanyan Kamen (Kojiharu)
15.) Takahashi Juri
14.) Okada Nana
13.) Mukaichi Mion
12.) Kitahara Rie
11.) Yokoyama Yui
10.) Muto Tomu
9.) Kodama Haruka
8.) Shimazaki Haruka
7.) Suda Akari
6.) Miyawaki Sakura
5.) Kashiwagi Yuki
4.) Yamamoto Sayaka
3.) Matsui Jurina
2.) Watanabe Mayu
1.) Sashihara Rino

Peru

Not sure either of them will do the election next year.

Hopefully Sutou Ririka will jump even higher up the ranking with the help of crazy fans.

I think management will definitely encourage them to come back given just how many votes manage to get. They're still hugely popular and are rivals at this point. As far as the rest of the event went, I was pretty happy with it overall with the exception of Annin not making senbatsu. But both Minegishi and Kojiharu announced beforehand that this was it for them, so that helped them receive and extra surge of votes.

I'm still waiting for them to finally open the voting up to Nogizaka46. I think both Nanasemaru and Maiyan can put real heat on those at top. I just don't get why it hasn't happened yet. They can participate in 48 group singles, become concurrent members in 48 groups as well as 48 members becoming concurrent in their group, but they can't compete in the election. They're the second most popular group by far. Their last single sold more than SKE48, NMB48, and HKT48's last singles combined.

Top Bottom