• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Infinite

I was referring to her crazy look which is several times more bonkers than GaGa... musically, they're not really similar at all especially since Kyary doesn't do anything on the musical end. She's the closest comparison I can think of for Kyary unless you can think of another Western artist that might fit the bill. :/ Katy Perry?

And I'm sure Ayu was thinking in her mind "I rapped in Nothing from Nothing too but no one remembers that shhhh" when they were announcing that this was her first foray into rap.

I meeeeeaaaaan her look is comes from Harajuku street fashion trends like aomoji-kei. Not coming at you but not every Japanese artists has to have a Western counterpart.

So like were already in March Japanese Music Gaf. What's some good shit I should be listening too by now?

Kurita

Listening to androp's new album, "period". I'm just floored by the awesomeness of this album, holy shit. Just when I thought that they couldn't release something better than "one and zero". 14 flawless songs.

Peru

Nakata to remix "the Love Bug" on m-flo's upcoming mix CD album EDM-FLO

Nakata Yasutaka will be providing a remix on electronic rap group m-flo’s upcoming mix CD album EDM-FLO, to be released on March 19th alongside the duo’s latest original studio album FUTURE IS WOW. The song Nakata will be remixing is “the Love Bug”, originally part of m-flo’s “m-flo loves” collaboration series, featuring famed Korean pop singer BoA. The remix will come out just a few days after the tenth anniversary of the original song’s release.

BoA and Nakata together, in a way, omg

Peru

eCvH3erl.jpg

instantly iconic album

Kurita

Kurita

I don't really care about m-flo but their newest PV is a collaboration with Yoohei Kawakami, the vocalist of [Champagne] and it's cool. But... I guess I'd like it better if Yoohei was the only one singing.
http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/m-flo-%2B-Yoohei-Kawakami---FLY/91d1788413784047aedd2a34bd5fc631

Since I'm talking about [Champagne], they're playing at the Budokan in a few weeks and it's sold out! Quite crazy for a band that's still with an indie label. Another proof that they're one of the hottest rock bands right now.

Desmond

Christ that Babymetal album is so good.

Also, managed to watch Perfume's Tokyo Dome gig from Christmas. So happy to see Daijyobanai.

Kurita

As expected, BUMP OF CHICKEN's new album is very good. Pretty straight-forward, it's your typical BUMP album but I can't really complain since it's always fantastic.

faridmon

I am going to the Miyavi gig on Saturday in Shepherd Bush in London. God Help me!

But again, I can't say no to a free gig my friend bough it for me to accompany her there, also, listening to his last album, it ain't that offensive. Can be catchy sometimes!

Aizo

Banned
I am going to the Miyavi gig on Saturday in Shepherd Bush in London. God Help me!

But again, I can't say no to a free gig my friend bough it for me to accompany her there, also, listening to his last album, it ain't that offensive. Can be catchy sometimes!

I'm excited for your impressions.
Take pictures!

Kurita

Received Asian Kung-Fu Generation's blu-rays today! Limited edition, includes the their two 10th anniversary shows at Yokohama Stadium along with a nice photobook.
Only watched the beginning of the first show so far, both concerts are very long. First one is 170 minutes long and the second one is 215 minutes long, that's crazy!
Love the cover.

Yonezu Kenshi released a new PV. The song is pretty great, really looking forward to his new album in april.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2bFukH-TwA

Kurita

Any FACT fans here? Didn't realize they had a new album out, haven't heard any of it yet but I'm in love with the cover art:

As someone who isn't familiar with the band (only listened to a couple of songs years ago, like A Fact of Life) I have to say that I really enjoyed the album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNsMrErccVg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-B0zTwl5mM

Finished watching the first Asian Kung-Fu Generation blu-ray. It was pretty amazing. That's Ajikan for you I guess.
Will start watching the second live tomorrow, can't wait to see them performing with Hosomi Takeshi (from the HIATUS), Horie Atsushi and Nakayama Shinpei (two members from Straightener).

I guess if you're not prone to more formulaic and traditional rock you might find them boring. I'm personally a sucker for this style. I think lately they've been doing well to try different things with their sound, although they do pick their spots.

Infinite

I guess if you're not prone to more formulaic and traditional rock you might find them boring. I'm personally a sucker for this style. I think lately they've been doing well to try different things with their sound, although they do pick their spots.
When I was introduced to them it was under the assumption that they were a power pop band and I was like "oh cool!" But they don't have many songs that sound like it belongs in that genre. So the one thing that made them appealing to me wasn't even a thing, apparently. They just sound too familiar. Idk but imma give them one last shot with that EP.

well, the new one is kind of an extension of the 5 LP so it likely won't do much for you if none of their tracks left an impression before.

Kurita

new Negoto mini-album dropped recently, entitled "Z"OOM.

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt46/MezzoF0RTE/zoom-3489251_zps0588fc12.jpg[/IMG

[URL="http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Negoto---Mayonaka-no-Anthem/5aea4b799e887fecc17bf36c160a4f4a"]music video for the opening track[/URL]

the fourth track I thought introduced some Tricot-ish qualities to their sound. Overall they definitely show a growth in versatility here. I really enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it's a pretty cool mini-album. Didn't expect much but it was a nice surprise. Their album released last year was also quite good.
One of the few bands with a female vocalist that I dig.

Top Bottom