• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

Impotaku

Nice to see some of them on the way already, mine hasn't been shipped yet but it's not saturday in Japan yet so i doubt amazon will be shipping early. I have lots to play to keep me occupied until it does arrive :)

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Jelly levels rising!!

Come on Nippon-Yasan!!
I'm expecting them to ship Wednesday or Thursday next week. They basically have the same preparation times as Nin Nin.

The longest I've had to wait is 7 days though (ヽ´ω`)

I was planning to get off the train in the downtown to check for the hardware but I missed the station while reading GAF, so I just went home lol. Will pick up my preordered system with MH4G and maybe DQX tomorrow morning at TSUTAYA. I'm just not sure on DQX yet, as I'm really not a fan of MMORPG. Can someone enlighten me if there is an end or something like that?

Tenck

36b2dfed58.png

Can't believe I'll be holding it on Monday!

Next week is best week confirmed.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Asked Nippon Yassan about it and they said they plan to ship out pre-orders next week.

kubus

damn it, why didn't I go with play asia D :
curse you nippon yasan!

here's hoping they can get those orders out on Monday, then at least we should have the console in our hands some time next week ^^
Because then you would've paid $45 more :p

I can wait... Until people start posting pictures of their new gadget that is :'(

36b2dfed58.png

Can't believe I'll be holding it on Monday!

Next week is best week confirmed.

That it is! Same time for me as well. Really hoping my FedEx guy comes earlier (I've had PlayAsia packages come as early as 8:15 am) because I have a doctor's appoinment that morning. Otherwise I'll have to leave a shipment release note or call the sort facility to ask them to hold it for pickup later that day

Rich!

jealous of you guys importing a JP unit!

I was planning to, but the australian PAL release next month kinda put an end to that idea, considering I live in the UK. I can wait a few weeks...

Forkball

It's lame that Japan doesn't have themes yet. There will probably be more themes on the Japanese launch date however. I want the hanafuda theme, but it doesn't suit my American 3DS.

Beckx

Apparently there is a patch needed for the New 3DS and it wasn't available prior to launch date, maybe that patch adds themes. Would make sense to debut it with launch.

Amazon has my order in prep, hopefully it lands at Tenso in the next day or so, and to me by the end of next week.

kubus

Pretty sure I just read somewhere (probably twitter) that the 3DS update just went live in Japan, including themes.

And we don't have a NNID guide up yet, unfortunately :(. I've already made a NNID so I can't go through the steps again and create a guide from it. There's a big chance that the procedure is exactly the same in english, so looking up an English guide on youtube and then following the same steps on your JP 3DS should work.

Pretty sure I just read somewhere (probably twitter) that the 3DS update just went live in Japan, including themes.

And we don't have a NNID guide up yet, unfortunately :(. I've already made a NNID so I can't go through the steps again and create a guide from it. There's a big chance that the procedure is exactly the same in english, so looking up an English guide on youtube and then following the same steps on your JP 3DS should work.

Still 9.0.0-20J for me, maybe just a few more minutes...

Nope, no update here yet. Also Nintendo's website still lists the one from some days ago. They are pretty quick with updating their website content, so I doubt it's up yet.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, just like the Wii U!

For those wondering, other cards like Hayakaken, PASMO, nimoca, manaca etc. work aswell :).

awesome! i still got 3 Suica with some money on it ^_^ now i can empty them.

Edit: i wrote an email to nippon yasan about them shipping it. answer:
Hello

Thank you for your message

We will start the shipment the next week.

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

Beckx

@johntv 9m9 minutes ago
After midnight on launch day and still can't update my New 3DS. Not cool, N. Not cool.

You can't do the system transfer until you complete the update, either.

Top Bottom