• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

Beckx

Thanks. Almost assuredly going with the first Gunvolt version, love the main theme. But dammit so many Joule song variations. At least they are cheap.

Oh, that Jibanyan one is well done too.

Impotaku

Only enough credit left for 2 more themes, god it's so hard choosing. Gone for classic 8 bit mario & the kurukuru mario beige themes. Not sure on what to spend my last 400 yen on. Tempted by the youkai watch one, some of the other mario ones are great too hnnnngh so hard to decide lol.

On the plus side my Amazon order has hit processing for shipment so it should hopefully be with tenso on sunday/mon.

Impotaku

Well i thought i'd try the screenshot function, works pretty nice although it's a bit weird only been able to take pics of the home screens.

HNI_0084.JPG

HNI_0085.JPG

HNI_0086.JPG

HNI_0087.JPG

HNI_0088.JPG

HNI_0089.JPG

mrback

Anyone recommend a good iOS app for translating Japanese? I heard there was something you could take pics of & it would convert but having trouble tracking down.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone recommend a good iOS app for translating Japanese? I heard there was something you could take pics of & it would convert but having trouble tracking down.
That is only on Android.

On iOS I (and all my People who Study Japanese with me and use iOS )use "imiwa?"

bodine1231

I've had the white new 3ds sitting in my cart at Nippon-Yasan all day. I really would like to have an import regular 3DS just in case something comes out early and a New 3DS XL when it gets released here for everything else. I'm finding it hard to justify though,there just isn't much worth importing,especially since I cant read Japanese.

I wouldn't mind picking up the older released first party Nintendo stuff like Mario 3D or Mario Kart 7 with my order though.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I ordered a white new 3DS from Nippon a while back, should be here next week some time.

Can anyone confirm that a JP 3DS can play Smash Bros against American copies/systems?

Beckx

I ordered a white new 3DS from Nippon a while back, should be here next week some time.

Can anyone confirm that a JP 3DS can play Smash Bros against American copies/systems?

I've played locally with 3 US version players. I haven't done any NNID matches yet other than spectating.

Mr Swine

Banned
Could those who buy New 3DS try if old games load faster or have more stable frame rate even if it's a very low chance of not happening

Could those who buy New 3DS try if old games load faster or have more stable frame rate even if it's a very low chance of not happening

I thought it was already confirmed (via Nintendo or at TGS) that the new CPU does not, in fact, speed up/stablize older 3DS games

Here are the big news I guess. Just popped in my reformatted microSDXC 64GB card into the New Nintendo 3DS and it works perfectly fine! The system simply doesn't support the exFAT file system, so just reformat to FAT32 and that's about it.

Here are the big news I guess. Just popped in my reformatted microSDXC 64GB card into the New Nintendo 3DS and it works perfectly fine! The system simply doesn't support the exFAT file system, so just reformat to FAT32 and that's about it.

Can you upload pics comparing it to a normal 3DS?

Meffer

So I was about to order a new 3ds, a 32GB microsd and youkai watch 2 on Nippon when I just saw that they were doing a 3rd version of YW2 later this year. Now, should I just get 2 now or replace it with another game, and if so, what would you guys suggest? I would like to order it tonight.

So I was about to order a new 3ds, a 32GB microsd and youkai watch 2 on Nippon when I just saw that they were doing a 3rd version of YW2 later this year. Now, should I just get 2 now or replace it with another game, and if so, what would you guys suggest? I would like to order it tonight.

Unless you can find 2 for a cheaper price I'd wait for the 3rd version

Impressions on the 3D effect, please.

Also my biggest question, can we finally use the gyroscope to control the game withouth breaking the 3D effect? For example, aiming in Ocarina of Time with gyro controls? Not to hopeful for this but will see.

Is the Miiverse usable now? Too bad the long video with the eShop comparison didn't adress that.

Hope to hear from you XD And enjoy!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Got mine!
Bonus picture, line in front of my local store:
I love the n3DS, but there's one big problem - Nintendo servers are getting hammered, so it's nearly impossible to perform the data transfer.
I've tried 3 times so far, every time I got an error on the "preparing for the data transfer" screen. Sigh.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
I hate you so much, preparing for shipment...

I have exactly the same problem. Jesus Christ, I'm paying for bloody Amazon prime as well.

The damned ps4 got here on release day but my N3DS, which I want a lot more, has an estimate of Tuesday. Nightmare as Monday is a national holiday and I wanted to get some serious monhan time.

ramyeon

Interested in what you think of the n3DS coming from the LL. I'm also doing the screen downgrade and hoping the difference won't be too jarring.
Pretty interested in hearing impressions of this too! I'm going from an XL to the N3DS since there's no White N3DSXL and have to admit I'm a bit worried about the smaller size not just of the screen but of the unit itself.

Impressions on the 3D effect, please.

Also my biggest question, can we finally use the gyroscope to control the game withouth breaking the 3D effect? For example, aiming in Ocarina of Time with gyro controls? Not to hopeful for this but will see.

Is the Miiverse usable now? Too bad the long video with the eShop comparison didn't adress that.

Hope to hear from you XD And enjoy!
The 3D effect is waaaay better and I guess it would work quite well in Ocarina of Time, but playing a game like Street Fighter IV, would be still a mess. Too fast hardware movements make the screen flicker. The 3D effect isn't fast enough to adapt to that speed, but other than that it's a pretty nice bump.

Interested in what you think of the n3DS coming from the LL. I'm also doing the screen downgrade and hoping the difference won't be too jarring.
Build wise the new system feels better and the size of the hardware is perfect for me to be honest. As for the screens, it's rather "ok" than borderline. I guess I need to spend some more time with it to really be able to judge it. First impression: "Could be a bit bigger". It will probably grow on me.

Shurayuki

Soooooo it's okay?

Ah sorry, I don't know, you really have to ask Takao. He's like the one guy who cares about medabots on GAF in this world (poor Takao/medabots).

We had this thread who knows most about which franchises on GAF, Takao is definitely our MedaProfessor.

whynotboth.gif

Zornica

Banned
What's the launch theme list? Are the Gunvolt themes up?

I can't decide whether I want the purple or the orange one... They both seem pretty nice, but I can only use one of them obviously

I have exactly the same problem. Jesus Christ, I'm paying for bloody Amazon prime as well.

The damned ps4 got here on release day but my N3DS, which I want a lot more, has an estimate of Tuesday. Nightmare as Monday is a national holiday and I wanted to get some serious monhan time.

depanding on where you live... You may have to wait till Wednesday.
http://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=5d74e197e671face&hl=ja&gl=JP&source=web

this time it's probably going to get more serious then last week...

Top Bottom