• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jared Leto to Star as Hugh Hefner in Biopic

ZeoVGM

Banned
Robbie is getting Oscar buzz for I, Tonya. Leto is starring in a Brett Ratner movie. Seems like plenty of a basis to me!

He's also in Blade Runner 2049 and has already proven his worth as an actor through previous acclaim.

Ratner sucks, Leto is great. We certainly don't know enough about the project yet to say it was a bad career choice. And he's in one of the best reviewed movies of the year in three days. So it was just a silly comment.

Bronx-Man

Banned
They need a comedic actor to play this role, like a Steve Carrell.

Or a young Kurt Russell. I can't think of any young actor with huge swagger right now.

Oh directed by Brett Razner? It doesn't matter I am out.
I could see Ryan Gosling doing it if this were a full comedy

Blader

He's also in Blade Runner 2049 and has already proven his worth as an actor through previous acclaim.

Ratner sucks, Leto is great. We certainly don't know enough about the project yet to say it was a bad career choice. And he's in one of the best reviewed movies of the year in three days. So it was just a silly comment.

He is in Blade Runner, but he will probably be the worst part of it

(Opting to do any movie directed by Ratner is a bad decision. He is a bad director. Working with bad directors is a bad decision)

barik

Wow, Ratner, Hefner and Leto, all in the same production? It's like scientists went into a laboratory and tried to conceive the worst, most awful movie possible.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like Hef looked like he was super old at every time he was ever relevant and Leto's got a babyface even when he tries to grow a rockstar beard.

Jared Leto starring as Hugh Hefner in a biopic directed by Brett Ratner

aka the rare "literally no part of this sentence is good" sentence

I'm just not a fan of Leto. He's not a bad actor or anything, just comes off really full of himself, even when acting.

He's not a *great* actor either but he definitely thinks he is.

After his weird and not-so-classy attempts to loudly, publicly out-method-act Heath Ledger, you might say his reputation has been

damaged

Leto's a great actor and choice but I think this is sketchy with Brett Ratner. Not merely for his talent as a filmmaker, but for his reverence for Hugh Hefner. I'm imagining a very sugar coated tale of Hefner's life.

daviyoung

Banned
Brett Ratner is one of the worst hack directors still practicing his art. He's a bargain bin Renny Harlin. This film will be a mundane, forgettable piece of shit.

Expect the trailers to have lots of sped-up-slo-mo camera movements following girls bums walking around a swimming pool.

tootie923

I feel like Hef looked like he was super old at every time he was ever relevant and Leto's got a babyface even when he tries to grow a rockstar beard.

I always thought Hugh was pretty handsome especially in his younger days, and Jared Leto's just... odd-looking and the very opposite of handsome. I don't get the casting at all.

Game-Biz

I can only assume that hack of director must always pull profits from his shitty films. Otherwise, he must work with black magic to keep getting this level of work. Although this is just a quick cash grab to capitalize on a man's death so maybe Ratner is perfect for this.

Of course they would do this so soon after his passing. Also I'm not sure I would want to imagine Leto going all "method acting", during production.

I thought Leto was great in Mr. Nobody and then Dallas Buyers Club

But since then I dunno what that man is doing. That American yakuza movie sounds pretty cool tho, hopefully that ain't bad because I love fish out of water stories like that

After hearing some of the shit about hugh hefner, a biopic by ratner is the last thing Id want to see. We don't need his shit glorified.

Ratner does stink certainly, but Rush Hour 1 and 2 were great. Red Dragon was mediocre but some aspects of it were better than Hannibal imo, mostly because of the damn good cast he managed to somehow wrangle up

Top Bottom