• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

iavi

After listened to Mr. Moods & Erik Jackson's Sur la route du jazz, it made me want to go back and look at Erik Jackson's stuff.
I wasn't disappointed.

This is one great album.
Definitely recommend it. Really jazzy.
Lots of crazy drum beats, too.

Sample:
http://erikjackson.bandcamp.com/track/its-time

Also, I'm really digging this track off of Tor's album:
https://soundcloud.com/torsmusic/let-me-down

All I need is the rainy day to match. Fantastic stuff. Thanks!

Jaroof

I know this album

has been posted, but has this one?

I loved Reply from Space, and Diversity seems to be pretty damn good too.
Also, The Cancel's coming out with a new release soon. :)

thabiz

2861313061-1.jpg

INI Movement - De Gulden Snede

Compilation that is straight dope. If you like broken beat, nu-jazz, and hip hop. I know your gonna dig this.

AAequal

Banned
Any Matthew Shipp fans? Long time Avant-garde jazz artist who doesn't really fall into category of Jazz-Hop but he does have stuff like this Matthew Shipp - Cohesion that might appeal many Jazz-Hop fans.

Whole album is pretty great, give it a shot if you like.
weojn.jpg

iavi

Thomas Prime stays so good. Between CCR and Loci records I feel like this genre is as covered as about as well as it could be. Which isn't true at all, but you all get my drift.

IrishNinja

damn, the pace of this thread is amazing these days, so much to catch up on. it's awesome.

just had to chime in & share my happiness - Emancipator's coming to my town in february! cannot wait, this is literally my first jazz-hop show, and helps ease the sting of Flying Lotus' show being canceled recently (RIP again).

related: planning a possible trip to japan next spring or so, what are the chances of catching a hydeout show of any kind? do Hiroto, fat jon etc put on much out that way, or any other such venue? i'd love to just spend an evening at any dive they frequent.

Jaroof

damn, the pace of this thread is amazing these days, so much to catch up on. it's awesome.

just had to chime in & share my happiness - Emancipator's coming to my town in february! cannot wait, this is literally my first jazz-hop show, and helps ease the sting of Flying Lotus' show being canceled recently (RIP again).

related: planning a possible trip to japan next spring or so, what are the chances of catching a hydeout show of any kind? do Hiroto, fat jon etc put on much out that way, or any other such venue? i'd love to just spend an evening at any dive they frequent.

While we're on the topic of Hydeout..
Marcus D posted this picture up on Facebook yesterday:
32302_10151214484149389_491170470_n.jpg

But man, you're lucky!! Haha.. I'm really contemplating going up there to join you.. I wanna see Emancipator again badly!! That show was soooo good.

IrishNinja

Jaroof where you at? I'm down to give rides to anyone wanting to see the show, and i got a sofa to bum out on too, just mind the dog, heh.

wrote a track using Molotov World from Thomas Prime's The Instrumental LP Vol​.​2. Figured I'd post for y'all (since this thread has given me so much lovely music to rhyme over, lol). It's pretty much dedicated to my own nieces and nephews, but any other uncles and aunts out there might dig it and be able to relate. Cuz being an uncle is awesome:

We Made It (Nieces and Nephews)

Top Bottom