• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

Jaroof

Thanks for the birthday gift though I wish I found it earlier. As the Lights Fade was tied as my number one beat album of last year, so I'm expecting great stuff.

Tied with?

Happy Birthday!!

And man, I love Witness' voice(he's in the first track). Really smooth.

Fun fact: I found out Witness and I share the same last name!

IrishNinja

yeah, happy birthday blasian

nekXEzb.jpg

been meaning to share this - it's the poster from reach, a short picture book in tribute of nujabes. the quality is paper-thin so as much as i wanted to iron out the folds, i don't think it's an option...still, it's nice to have something in their honor up there, since i missed the promo one for spiritual state & all.

Jaroof

been meaning to share this - it's the poster from reach, a short picture book in tribute of nujabes. the quality is paper-thin so as much as i wanted to iron out the folds, i don't think it's an option...still, it's nice to have something in their honor up there, since i missed the promo one for spiritual state & all.

Nice!

Shag just dropped an EP.

YES! I just saw this. I love me some Shag.

Palpable

There is ONE SONG I've been DYING to get an instrumental of.

This is the song I'm talking about. I don't give two shits about the lyrics/singing. I love that smooth instrumental. It's so soothing. I've searched for years. An instrumental of this doesn't exist.

Would anyone here be able to recreate said instrumental?

Astarte

Has it already been almost 5 years since Nujabes passed away? I'm going to spend another day listening to his CDs.
Also, thanks for the songs guys :>

Jaroof

There's going to be a Nujabes tribute show streaming live tomorrow night at this website:
http://www.dommune.com/

Believe it's gonna start at around 7 Central, but don't quote me on that, I could be wrong.

From the website:
In this event, prominent Shing02 and also the "Luv (sic)" series with Nujabes, allies Uyama Hiroto, haruka nakamura, Cise Starr, Fat Jon, Funky DL, Pase Rock, etc. Substantial, is he in a Yukari artists gathered from home and abroad.

TheChits

Edit:
tennyson released some of their songs for free!
They have a more electronic sound, but I remember someone linking to some of their stuff.. and it's pretty dope.
Really liking this. Smother in particular

There's going to be a Nujabes tribute show streaming live tomorrow night at this website:
http://www.dommune.com/

Believe it's gonna start at around 7 Central, but don't quote me on that, I could be wrong.

From the website:
Oh man this is going to be awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

yeah, happy birthday blasian

Real nice, man. Some cool stuff there.

Jaroof

Really liking this. Smother in particular
Yeah, man. They use some weird samples in their songs, like that cat. lol but the jazzy runs make it soooo good.

Wow cheers.

Is there any time listed so I can figure it out in GMT?

It says
21:00 to 22:00 "Hydeout Productions Presents" Tribute to Nujabes "on the 5th anniversary of his departure"
and
22: 00 ~ 24: 00 BROADJ "Nujabes Eternal Soul Presents BROADJ♯1534" DJ: DJ Ryow aka Smooth Current, DJ Chika aka Inherit
And it's in Tokyo, so...

Oh man, I was thinking it was going to be at night for me.. It's about two hours away! o_O I goofed. Sorry, y'all.
Honestly don't know if I'll be up for it. But I think someone will be recording it.
I'll update it later.

Jaroof

Dang! I really hope the whole thing is recorded and uploaded to YouTube :(

Same. If I hear anything, I'll bring it here first!

Edit:
Seems I was misinformed. The live stream was for a talk session, not the show. Sorry for all the hype, people!

Marcus D's Lone Wolf LP due March 11

Same. If I hear anything, I'll bring it here first!

Edit:
Seems I was misinformed. The live stream was for a talk session, not the show. Sorry for all the hype, people!

Marcus D's Lone Wolf LP due March 11

That's a pretty cover art. I'll look for it. Oh, and I know it's over a week old, but thanks for the birthday wishes y'all.

Go_Ly_Dow

Substantial
"We visited Nujabes' final resting place today and poured an offer of libation with family and friends to honor him. I was down for a bit but found joy and peace in the fact that the brotherhood that exist between me and many of our friends and his family was his final gift to us. For THAT I am truly grateful.
We miss you and wish you were here with us, Jun."

Go_Ly_Dow

Substantial has a few video snippeTs of Jun's tribute event on his FB with photo's/

Would give anything to see the full recordings!

Top Bottom