• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

injurai

Banned
Substantial
"We visited Nujabes' final resting place today and poured an offer of libation with family and friends to honor him. I was down for a bit but found joy and peace in the fact that the brotherhood that exist between me and many of our friends and his family was his final gift to us. For THAT I am truly grateful.
We miss you and wish you were here with us, Jun."

tearing up, he touched far more people than he could have imagined

Go_Ly_Dow

Sub, Fat Jon and Cise Starr

10401902_10152542918985771_366298345570043404_n.jpg

1509165_10152789912294389_6590915617033579743_n.jpg

11021515_10152543252810771_1313439073625451780_n.jpg

Jun bringing together all his brothers for what must have been a special night.

Would have given anything to be there. One day it would be my dream to have the money to visit Japan just for one of his tributes with all those guys. I will do it.

Astarte

Substantial
"We visited Nujabes' final resting place today and poured an offer of libation with family and friends to honor him. I was down for a bit but found joy and peace in the fact that the brotherhood that exist between me and many of our friends and his family was his final gift to us. For THAT I am truly grateful.
We miss you and wish you were here with us, Jun."

My tears...

Cedric

Hey gaf, I'm looking to get into Flying Lotus. Right now I'm in the mood for calmer stuff, do you have a playlist or album to reccomend? I don't want something that bumps hard (I dig stuff like the new track with kendrick and massage situation, but it's too upbeat for the playlist I'm trying to make), more like something jazzy and relaxing...

injurai

Banned
Hey gaf, I'm looking to get into Flying Lotus. Right now I'm in the mood for calmer stuff, do you have a playlist or album to reccomend? I don't want something that bumps hard (I dig stuff like the new track with kendrick and massage situation, but it's too upbeat for the playlist I'm trying to make), more like something jazzy and relaxing...

Samiyam
Nosaj Thing
Thundercat
Dabrye
TOKiMONSTA
Prefuse 73
Teebs
Daedelus

Cedric

Samiyam
Nosaj Thing
Thundercat
Dabrye
TOKiMONSTA
Prefuse 73
Teebs
Daedelus

Many thanks, I'll check that out!

edit: Oh these are artists, sorry I meant songs by Flying Lotus that are relaxing. I'm not familiar with FlyLo outside two of his songs, but I'm searching for something relaxing instead of his upbeat stuff. Thanks for the list though, I'll definitely check em out still.

Ezalc

Substantial has a few video snippeTs of Jun's tribute event on his FB with photo's/

Would give anything to see the full recordings!

Lucky for us the tribute show is up.

Starts out at around 15 mins. Shing02 comes in at around the 3 hour mark, Fat Jon at around 1 hour 40. Goddamn I would have given anything to have been there, looks like it was amazing. That finale with Cise, Sub, Funky, and Shing was glorious.

injurai

Banned
Many thanks, I'll check that out!

edit: Oh these are artists, sorry I meant songs by Flying Lotus that are relaxing. I'm not familiar with FlyLo outside two of his songs, but I'm searching for something relaxing instead of his upbeat stuff. Thanks for the list though, I'll definitely check em out still.

Oh my bad. Well I'm not going to go digging for specific songs. I tend to forget songs names I listen to so much.

But those artists are all similar, so when you're looking to move one. Start checking them out.

Flying Lotus though is a rare diamond in the rough tbh.

Jaroof

New Evil Needle due March 31st on HW&W Records!
No link yet.

Man!
I got an e-mail notification saying that emancipator is coming to Texas in April, so I got really excited. I went to check ticket prices, and found out that it's a 3-day festival.
I don't think I'll be able to make that.. and the tickets are crazy expensive! I'd love to go, though. :(

Edit:
Here's a new Sinitus Tempo based off of Tokyo Ghoul music.

Fjordson

Guys, Soulection's ENTIRE discography is completely free to download for the next 18 hours or so. They've got some dope releases.

Downloading from them is a bit of a pain in the ass, it's like a four step process every time, but you can't beat free.

Guys, Soulection's ENTIRE discography is completely free to download for the next 18 hours or so. They've got some dope releases.

Downloading from them is a bit of a pain in the ass, it's like a four step process every time, but you can't beat free.

got a link? nvm I got it

Jaroof

That Sinitus Tempo track really is something great. Good lookin' out, neoism!

Also, I hope no one is buying from Digi Crates. I keep getting e-mails from them saying that there's a "Limited Time Only $1 Album Sale".... yet, I've gotten that email dozens of times.
They're pretty cheap.. and I'm still sour about the whole selling Nujabes' music without anyone's consent thing.

Also, oh snaaaap..
Irish...

Petestrumentals Volume 2 in the works.

Kinjo

Neo Member
"discovered" Nujabes some weeks ago and fell in love with this genre, it's so relaxing and chills the hell out of you

Top Bottom