• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeanne D'Arc coming to PS4 and PS5 on July 16th

Shifty1897

HNGJFj2.png

Enter the 15th century, as France and England battle during the Hundred Years’ War. A mysterious and powerful armlet appears on the wrist of a young crusader named Jeanne. Commanded by an oracle from above, Jeanne wields the armlet to turn back the dark invading army to save her homeland once and for all. Experience Jeanne d’Arc, originally released on the PSP, enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters.
https://blog.playstation.com/2024/0...isis-core-final-fantasy-vii-reunion-and-more/

Sony is wrong for this, slipping this at the bottom of the July Game Catalog post and not even including the logo in the graphic at the top. If you haven't played it, it's a classic PSP SRPG that I wholeheartedly recommend.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I remember liking it at the time. I don't know if I loved it honestly, but any SRPG lost on PSP is a great game to port. I can barely remember the actual details of the game. I vaguely remember the main character powering up a ton and bulldozing enemies. Been years.

begotten

The golden age of Level 5 and the psp 👌

Came in here to say this. They pretty much bombed after JDA (aside from the Layton games).

Ni No Kuni 1 was average.

Level 5 is pretty much like Camelot now that I think about it.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Came in here to say this. They pretty much bombed after JDA (aside from the Layton games).

Ni No Kuni 1 was average.

Level 5 is pretty much like Camelot now that I think about it.
Level 5 was always average. White Knight Chronicles, Dark Cloud. Probably the best thing they've ever done is Professor Layton.

I never did try Rogue Galaxy though. I think I played pretty much everything else.

Punished Miku

I personally looking forward to their new game like Decopolice.
hero
Last one I was hyped about was Time Travelers and then it never even got localized. But yeah, Deco Police hopefully is cool. Yokai Watch has cool elements, but it's just kind of average. More for kids, but well made.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Last one I was hyped about was Time Travelers and then it never even got localized. But yeah, Deco Police hopefully is cool. Yokai Watch has cool elements, but it's just kind of average. More for kids, but well made.
I'm interested in Decoplice because they combining Ace Attorney like investigation with turn based combat.
l_6409cee9bb693.jpg
img_about02.jpg

Even hostage situation during the combat.
DECAPOLICE_2023_03-09-23_004.jpg

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Level 5 was always average. White Knight Chronicles, Dark Cloud. Probably the best thing they've ever done is Professor Layton.

I never did try Rogue Galaxy though. I think I played pretty much everything else.
I remember being very excited for White Knight Chronicles, and then feeling underwhelmed by the final product. Ni No Kuni was the same.

Chukhopops

Really good game. It’s always compared to the other PSP Tactical RPGs and it’s not as good as FFT or Tactics Ogre but it stands on its own.

It’s also surprisingly accurate from a historical point of view, with the English being basically demon pigs while the French are beautiful beings with a direct line to God.

Kindjal

Does anyone know if the game was bought a long time ago (when the psp still had its own store), will I be able to download this, or will I have to buy it again?

i played & enjoyed the game. but i remember everyone having a higher opinion of it than i did. i thought it was more 'good' than 'great'...

SkylineRKR

Great game. One of the very best PSP games. Not as versatile as TO and FFT, but a very nice atmosphere and art direction.

Shifty1897

Does anyone know if the game was bought a long time ago (when the psp still had its own store), will I be able to download this, or will I have to buy it again?
My guess is you'll be able to just download it for free, that's how other PlayStation published classic titles have worked in the past. I dug through my 2007-2013 PSN transactions to see how I owned it and it must have been physically because I didn't see it in my list. Let us know if this is the case next Tuesday please!

DonF

Not sure I dig the art style, but everyone here insists the game rocks so I'll give it an honest try with an open mind.
do it, its one of the greats, awesome tactics rpg. If your like tactics ogre, FF tactics or Fire emblem, do it.

Kindjal

My guess is you'll be able to just download it for free, that's how other PlayStation published classic titles have worked in the past. I dug through my 2007-2013 PSN transactions to see how I owned it and it must have been physically because I didn't see it in my list. Let us know if this is the case next Tuesday please!
Of course, as soon as I get the chance I'll get back to you.

Cool, but man that psp emulator is shit. The games look horrible for some reason. It's like they don't add any smoothing or filters. I'm using a 1080p screen too so not like I'm in 4k (that would have to look horrid thst 480x272 resolution 272p lol)
I am the last one to bitch about resolution as I think 4k isn't needed but something has to give here. If I emulate psp games on my android tablet that is 1440x 2304 and looks fine but that is doing up rezzing and filters. Sony emulators are crap.

The game itself is good. Too bad I bought it on usp disc or id have a freebie. If you can get over the horrible emulator, give the game a go.

Really wish they would get some ps1 srpgs though. Why is it that in 2024 we can't play vandal hearts 1 & 2, final fantasy tactics, vagrant story, suikoden tactics wild arms etc.. Plus a boatload of other ps1/psp games. They had a better working emulator on the ps1 and vita. Why don't they just port that to the ps5? Some hobbies could do it. Shit I could probably do it if they paid me to and I am just a hobbiest roguelike coder.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Does this have trophy support? I've been buying the ones with trophies but if not then I'll stick to my own emulation.

Top Bottom