• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jennifer Lawrence on why she's returning for 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix'

Link.

My contract was up, I didn’t have to do another one, but if I didn’t do another one, what would her story be? I felt like I owed it to the fans, and I owed it to the character to follow her journey, to be fair to the movies, and not be like, ‘I don’t want to do another X-Men!’ And then I just never show up and everyone’s very confused about the Mystique they’ve been following for the last three films.

In brighter news, New Mutants and Deadpool 2 have both wrapped production.

200_s.gif

massoluk

Banned
And then I just never show up and everyone’s very confused about the Mystique they’ve been following for the last three films.
Actually we're confused why you were Mystique in the last three films

♩ Tke best things in life are free. But you can give 'em to the birds and bees. *I want money, that's what I want*. I want mooooooneyy, I want money ♩

Didn't she quite notoriously hate playing the role? Or is that just an assumption I made from her clear disinterest?

Anyway, they should just keep the character out fir a couple of films then recast. This is one time it would absurdly easy.

Edit - also, I bet there's a stipulation in the contract that she spends more than like a fortnight on set in the blue make-up.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I don't care why. I just care that another X-Men movie will be dedicated to Mystique instead of the real X-Men. I was really hoping she and Fassbender both would move on. I don't need anymore Magneto either.

TIL that the otherwise magnificently talented Jennifer Lawrence did a shitty job as Mystique.

I mean ok she wasn't good in Apocalypse but then again who was? I thought she was ok in DOFP and very very good in First Class! Make up controversies or not.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
TIL that the otherwise magnificently talented Jennifer Lawrence did a shitty job as Mystique.

I mean ok she wasn't good in Apocalypse but then again who was? I thought she was ok in DOFP and very very good in First Class! Make up controversies or not.

She was just about passable in First Class. After that she clearly stopped giving a shit.

LotusHD

Banned

Because aside from her obviously phoning it for the last 2 movies (I'll give her some slack for the first one, it's been awhile, so I'll assume she was fine then), a lot of people aren't feeling her heroic character arc either that basically puts her at the center of these films just because she's Jennifer Lawrence. Mystique having more to do or having a different take on the character is not inherently a bad thing, but since said actress is again, phoning it in, it just annoys anyone that cares.

Lol

Khasim

Thread would not be complete without this gif

giphy.gif

I wish they just let her go. I hate her version of Mystique. She's supposed to be a strong, menacing character, and in both First Class and DOFP (I watched Apocalypse only once and I don't remember much of this trainwreck but I don't think she was any different there ) she always came out as a whiny brat. The series doesn't need her at all.

DeathyBoy

Banned

What is this rubbish?

Mcavoy and Fassbender are both far better actors and out in better performances in material far below them. And don't talk down to it like Lawrence does.

Hell, Fassbender literally has nothing but cliches in Apocalypse and he's still better in it than Lawrence was in FC or DOFP.

duckroll

Care about the fans? Then stop playing a character you don't give a shit about.

Care about the money? Be honest you Hollywood shill.

Jennifer Lawrence seems like a lameass person and this statement is more of the same garbage from her lying mouth.

Dalek

I wish theyd do another universe reset so someone can replace her

Why replace her? No more Mystique is necessary. Why does every X-Men movie have to be about Mystique and Magneto? There's plenty of other characters that deserve focus.

Can't wait for the adventures of mystique and company in space (not really in space).

Wonder if they'll just give her the Phoenix force instead.

NoRéN

Care about the fans? Then stop playing a character you don't give a shit about.

Care about the money? Be honest you Hollywood shill.

Jennifer Lawrence seems like a lameass person and this statement is more of the same garbage from her lying mouth.
I'm loving this thread because I really want to see her defenders come in and try to explain any of this.

I like J-Law and i think in a lot of movies she is a very good actor...but she fucking sucks in the X-Men films. She just looks so disinterested and bored. Take the last film where at the end she's meant to have this bad ass speech, but she sounds just as disinterested as any other point in the movie.

Easy Money is the only reason.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Why replace her? No more Mystique is necessary. Why does every X-Men movie have to be about Mystique and Magneto? There's plenty of other characters that deserve focus.

That's been a problem with the franchise for a long time now. I really hope new mutants is a breath of fresh air.

LotusHD

Banned
Can't wait for the adventures of mystique and company in space (not really in space).

Wonder if they'll just give her the Phoenix force instead.

Lol

NoRéN;248269877 said:
I'm loving this thread because I really want to see her defenders come in and try to explain any of this.

"Y'all should be happy JLaw continues to grace the franchise with her presence"

"She is a box office draw"

Top Bottom