• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Football Indicted by Dallas County Grand Jury

Status
Not open for further replies.
From CBS in Dallas

Sources in the Dallas County District Attorney’s office tell L.P. Phillips of KRLD-AM, Johnny Manziel has been indicted by a Dallas County Grand Jury on a misdemeanor assault with bodily injury charge.

The 23-year-old quarterback is accused of hitting his ex-girlfriend Colleen Crowley several times while driving from an uptown Dallas bar back to her home in Fort Worth.

According to police records, Crowley tried to jump out of the moving car and get to safety, but Manziel stopped, dragged her back into the car and hit her.

Crowley told the valet at Hotel Zaza, “Please don’t let him take me,” according to her police report, “I’m scared for my life!”

Instead of arresting Manziel, officials with the Dallas Police Department decided to present evidence to the grand jury to decide if they should pursue a misdemeanor case.

Sources also said there was an out-of-court civil settlement between Manziel and Crowley over the issue. But at this time there isn’t any indication what the settlement may be.

A judge granted Crowley a protective order after January’s multi-city altercation. Manziel has to stay away from Crowley until at least Feb. 3, 2018, including at least 500 feet away from her Fort Worth apartment, according to the order. He also has to pay $12,500 in attorney’s fees and can’t possess a firearm while the order is in effect.

Should be more like Johnny Maninacell, but it looks like they've reached an out of court settlement. Dude threw everything away by being a world class dirt bag. Good riddance, Johnny!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Continues his aspirations to be the carbon copy of Ryan leaf. I doubt this will be enough to fix him.

Dude has serious issues. The story of the LA mansion he rented out earlier this year was crazy. He wasn't responded to a call from the landlord, who came by to allegedly find him passed out on the sofa WITH A TON OF COCAINE SITTING ON THE COFFEE TABLE NEXT TO HIM. $32,000 in damages in two days.

Goodwin tells Page Six he returned to the house to find it trashed and Manziel crashed on the sofa at 2 p.m. He said, “They were supposed to check out at noon. Manziel was passed out . . . There was cocaine all over the kitchen table, and mushrooms were still out on the table in front of him. There was booze everywhere . . . broken glasses over the floor and a Champagne glass in a tree.” He added, “If they don’t respond to our demand for compensation, we will sue.” Manziel, his lawyers, and Rosenhaus didn’t get back to us.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ted-mansion-owes-32000-in-damages-owner-says/

AlexBasch

At this point I'm more familiar with the guy for being an asshole and facing legal charges than his NFL career (or what's left of it).

Good riddance.

I wish him the best. But yea he needs a lot of help. That said, I'm glad my team got rid of this cancer. This kid got a front office and coaching staff fired damn near single-handedly.

I wish him the best. But yea he needs a lot of help. That said, I'm glad my team got rid of this cancer. This kid got a front office and coaching staff fired damn near single-handedly.

First off, if your team is the Browns, I'm sorry! Secondly, them taking Johnny Football with the 22nd pick of the draft wasn't even in the top ten worst things they've done this past decade.

5SSsR6k.gif

Syf

Banned
According to police records, Crowley tried to jump out of the moving car and get to safety, but Manziel stopped, dragged her back into the car and hit her.
Yeah fuck this asshole, glad his career is done.

Jon Gruden is crying somewhere right now.

List of qbs Cleveland has drafted with the 22 pick: Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, & Johnny Manziel.

Instead of arresting Manziel, officials with the Dallas Police Department decided to present evidence to the grand jury to decide if they should pursue a misdemeanor case.

I'm confused. That's gotta be aggravated assault which is a felony?

Why would they go after a misdemeanor? Was the girlfriend not willing to press charges or something?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Shouldn't be up to her to say when he's allowed to come close to her again? Where the hell did this arbitrary date come from? Can it be extended by her?

Boke1879

Damn. I remember all the hype he had in college and coming out. Then he threw it all away by doing dumb shit. Sure he should have known better but I wonder if anyone tried to help him or if he wanted help at all.

Damn. I remember all the hype he had in college and coming out. Then he threw it all away by doing dumb shit. Sure he should have known better but I wonder if anyone tried to help him or if he wanted help at all.

His family made a statement a few months ago that he needed help or would die very young. He had checked himself out of rehab way early. But in fairness, it sounds like they enabled his behavior in high school and college.

dabig2

His family made a statement a few months ago that he needed help or would die very young. He had checked himself out of rehab way early. But in fairness, it sounds like they enabled his behavior in high school and college.

Basically. You guys remember that asshole Ethan Couch who vehicular manslaughtered like 4 innocent people? That's Johnny Manziel in another life where he's a scrawny kid with no athletic ability. He's a shitheel who was offered opportunities in life that most could only ever dream of and he still managed to fuck it all up.

I grew up in Texas and am no stranger to football stars getting special treatment but this dude is like 100x more than anything I have ever seen. This a case of going too far with the privilege?

cameron

There's no excusing violent behaviour. Fuck that guy.

What a joke. Way to trivialize the matter.

Manziel was talented. He's just a dipshit who threw away his chance.

He was talented at the college level, I guess. But I was never convinced that would translate to the NFL. And for all of his talent in college, it's not like he even led TAMU to any sort of conference title or anything.

Scrawny QB runners really don't seem to be much of a thing in the NFL.

Josh5890

I almost feel sorry for him since it seems like there is mentally something wrong with him and he hasn't surrounded himself with the right people. At the end of the day though he is clearly a moron and should be held accountable for his actions.

Johnny Football is the title of a future ESPN 30 for 30

This poster has no clue how much money Manziel has outside of football.

Athletes lose millions of dollars all the time. There is no way this kid doesn't piss it all away in no time if his career is finished.

Paches

I almost feel sorry for him since it seems like there is mentally something wrong with him and he hasn't surrounded himself with the right people. At the end of the day though he is clearly a moron and should be held accountable for his actions.

Johnny Football is the title of a future ESPN 30 for 30

Clearly has an addiction or drug/alcohol problem and is pushing away people that are trying to help him. It is pretty sad.

Hopefully he goes to prison and gets some much-needed medical attention. At the very least maybe his dad can stop worrying his son is going to die because he's so fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom