• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants a taste of just how actually Bizarre the Jorge Joestar novel is, Shueisha seems to have uploaded all of the illustrations of it. Most importantly

tumblr_mtkangPaWw1qdiw9jo1_500.png

Morioh growing legs and running away

Card Boy

Banned
Is there anything else like Jojos stands besides the Persona series? Google search brings up nothing. Or have i just answered my own question?

Erigu

Is there anything else like Jojos stands besides the Persona series?
Sure, lots of other series have Stand-like abilities. Off the top of my head: Hunter x Hunter, Shaman King, Yû-gi-ô, Naruto, s.CRY.ed, Bakuen Campus Guardress, Bleach... Implemented with various degrees of success, naturally...

Beckx

Am I the only one who thinks the final battle of SBR is such a letdown?
Seriously, alternate universe Dio is a terrible way of ending that entry

I didn't mind that, though it felt a bit gimmicky. My biggest complaint about the end is that after that, he only gets what, 4 pages for the wrapup? I wanted a bit more than that, it felt very, very rushed.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
SBR is filled with rushed parts, sudden changes of heart, screwed up pacing, and things that make downright no sense.

jgminto

I'm kinda split on the final SBR battle. Seeing
The World
appear was so amazing, especially since it was a surprise. But
Valentine had been such a great villain in the last half, it was a shame to see him get pushed to the side like that.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The "final boss" is still him.
Zawarudo
is just a fanservicey diversion in the epilogue (and a bad idea all around).

fertygo

Yeah I know, it is. That's why I kinda wish it ended there instead of
NOPE! Sudden Za Warudo!

For me
Za Warudo
still Valentine's trick to one up Johnny, so there's that.. and the thing ended with the less relevance person is poetic justice IMO

jgminto

It sucks that Soundman didn't play a bigger part in it, he seemed like a cool character. Also I totally thought he
killed Higashikata.
Was really confused when he popped back up later.

fertygo

It sucks that Soundman didn't play a bigger part in it, he seemed like a cool character. Also I totally thought he
killed Higashikata.
Was really confused when he popped back up later.

When Araki throwing an character its mean he have no idea to how working them further.

Referring to Fuugo, Araki you bastard.

fertygo

But I don't really mad with the plot point, its really fresh when someone saying "Sorry, I can't do this" in nakama moment like that instead all member give cliche smug smile and say "lets go" like every other title does.. but still.

I still wonder if the concept for the Cioccolatta fight came from scrapped ideas for a battle against Fugo. But I guess it wouldn't make much sense for Fugo to endanger innocent people like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom