• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things

1-I'd remove the link from your post for your own safety just in case.
2-I think the better scans are a work in progress but not exactly sure.

I would, but shit be pricey.

Oh it doesn't seem so expensive to me.

OYkTfCO.png

xKUSRVJ.png

W23nbOw.png

I mean, you can live without a couple dozen chapters, right? :D

One step at a time my friend.

Edit: Speaking of full release...what would the chances of Viz releasing the omnibus versions of the series at a premium or something if we manage to annoy convince them with a lot of messages that we want Jojos? :V

US releases of Jojo material are all up to Araki and his artistic vision versus United States copyright law.

The part 3 release that we're even talking out only came out because changes were made, anyway.

I make sure to tell VIZ that I want them to liscense the anime whenever they put out a survey, so I'm doing my part.

Reknoc

Thought I'd check the price of volumes on Amazon UK, pretty much the same though. a fiver for what the have in stock and then something insane like £100 for the odd volume.

On the bright side it reminded me that I hadn't got around to buying Rohan at the Louvre, so I've went and fixed that.

Am I the only person here who owns all of VIZ's Part 3 translation?

I started collecting it when they started releasing them back in 2005.

I wasn't into Jojo back then, and now that I am they're impossible to find here and Amazon's international shipping are too bs for me to order them :|

I did somehow manage to obtain the actual Japanes vol5 (end PB/start BT)from my comic book store so at least there's that.

Tizoc

A couple of questions-
1- What manga series have Viz released recently?
2- How are these digital mangas read? Do they have their own unique program?

They have their own iOS/Android/browser app. Although the only thing you need to know about it is "are you from the US or Canada? No? Fuck you then, no mangas for you."

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Oh come on Araki-
tumblr_msv7gcbIYe1qzb2hlo1_400.jpg

Is that supposed to be Ceasar's headband?
For some reason, he keeps giving it to Jonathan in every modern depiction of him.
He also gave young Joseph motorcycle glasses, but at least he actually wore those once.

Reknoc

Rohan at the Lourve is really good. Decided to read the other ones I could find, the yokai one was cool but the Gucci one was pretty naff.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm a little over 1/4th of the way into Part 5, now. Araki's art improves so much that it's ridiculous. His stuff for Steel Ball Run and JoJolion is some of the best artwork I've seen.

Parts 3 and 4 couldn't be more thematically different - Part 3 was a grand adventure and you know who the villain is right off the bat, and Part 4 all took place in the same town and was all about figuring out who the real villain is. I got big Persona 4 vibes from Part 4, actually. It even had its own Brosuke character.

Part 5 is interesting, and I love the character design in this part. A boy band mafia? Sure, why not! The stands keep getting progressively more complicated and creative, too. Giorno's hair is a bit annoying, though. He looked much better with normal black hair. I really like Araki's idea of making Dio's son both a JoJo and a protagonist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom