• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirlond

Part 5 is fun. I like part 5. Giorno just happens to be the only JoJo to give jotaro a run for most onedimensional character.

Articalys

NmkBzU5.jpg

Beckx

Part 24 of SBR felt a bit rushed at the end, a little unsatisfying.

But all in all I really loved it. Johnny is probably the most interesting JoJo to me so far, because he's the least perfect.

Anyway, now back to Part V.

Cookie Clicker has spread so quickly it's already invaded Jojo? How horrifying.

Also ordered ASB for Old Joseph, F.F. would've been a definite push for me but Old Joseph will do for now, plus I got Narancia too!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I have a hard time deciding if Old Joseph or Young Joseph is the better character. Old Joseph is still his whacky self, but he has this air of maturity that makes him a very likeable character. Plus his OH! MY! GOD! moment and moments like it. Young Joseph is more of a badass, his ripple techniques are far more interesting than his weird photography vine stand, and he might be my favorite JoJo.

I also don't think Giorno is as one dimensional as Jotaro or Jonathon. So far he just doesn't get enough screen time or opportunity to do anything interesting.

I have a hard time deciding if Old Joseph or Young Joseph is the better character. Old Joseph is still his whacky self, but he has this air of maturity that makes him a very likeable character. Plus his OH! MY! GOD! moment and moments like it. Young Joseph is more of a badass, his ripple techniques are far more interesting than his weird photography vine stand, and he might be my favorite JoJo.

I also don't think Giorno is as one dimensional as Jotaro or Jonathon. So far he just doesn't get enough screen time or opportunity to do anything interesting.

I think Old Josef is better if only for the fact that Araki's writing and art had also improved, same with Giorno and Jonathan or Jotaro.

I think the issue with Giorno is the scan translations made him come across as very boring and lacking character, the same issue Fugo had too I believe. Giorno is my favourite Jojo but he is far from the best.
Johnny is the best Jojo.

Beckx

Well, just finished the last of the new translations of Part V. But since it will likely be a long time before they finish, I'm moving on to the old translations.

I've heard the old translation is not good, but on a scale of one to Duwang, what am I in for?

Loam

I've heard the old translation is not good, but on a scale of one to Duwang, what am I in for?

Reading through it now. Grammatically it makes sense for the most part which makes it much better than DUWANG (no ABAJ thank god), though I've heard it brought up a couple times now that a fair chunk of it is guesswork so its accuracy is debatable.

So ASB is gonna be subs only for the dialogue. This means that it's unlikely that they'll change any of the names then. I'm even more surprised now.

That they could, but it wouldn't change that much would it? It's not like Capcom's game had them shout RED HOT CHILLI PEPPER for example either so it's not a fair comparison. Without rerecording something, that kind of names are still going to be present and very noticeable.

Neol

I'm glad for the confirmation of the game coming to NA. However like people said, I can't imagine it coming here without some modifications to avoid copyright issues.

I hope for the best of it though. Most of the fun of the stands comes from the actually knowledge of where the name comes from.

Ugh, it really sucks they didn't announce the localization sooner. Now I'm doubting whether to double dip or not and I lost all motivation to play campaign mode :(. I'll probably hold off on buying the DLC too from now on.

Oh yeah, god I wish I could've had the money for Jojoveller.

ALSO
tumblr_inline_mteljdLlpK1qddqzn.jpg

JoJonium will be new boxed sets of the manga. Publication will begin on December 4th and the first set will cover part 1-3, so 17 volumes in all. The case and book covers will be new illustrations by Hirohiko Araki and at the end of the books he will talk about the concept and creations of his characters. This will be A5 sized and includes all of the coloured pages as they appeared in weekly jump. Price and details of the release schedule will be updated on the official website.

http://www.jojonium.com/

Card Boy

Banned
Wondering the same thing. Lucky i got Sons of Anarchy, Suits, Breaking Bad and Fist of the North Star to keep me amused in the meantime.

Tizoc

Hope it's OK to post these...
tumblr_mtfqy2hOvm1r09vilo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtfqy2hOvm1r09vilo3_1280.jpg

...and Stand Users are now officially refered to as Stand Masters? Intersting...

EDIT:
tumblr_mtem7vMkMQ1r4q1soo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtfwpiSnPU1spr6cmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ms35t6LEwv1qz4rgp.png

tumblr_mtbiw5El8s1qm07f4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtbiw5El8s1qm07f4o2_1280.jpg

So

How many chapters do you guys think it'll take Yasuho to realize she has a GPS stand to solve this chapter's problem.

I guess until after the current issue.

She can clearly see stands but doesn't understand what the hell they are. I'm guessing when her and gappy but creepy kid she'll be aware of her stand...I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom